+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrownsMageNerfDelivery

Thread: Pyro Upgrades

Shadowlander

Default Pyro Upgrades

Just a couple of suggestions that I would love to see.

1. A Pyro Pet. Something like a pillar of live flames that tanks for the Pyro and causes damage, has a small percentage of adding a stack of combust to the enemy.

2. I'm sure this is asking to much, but would be nice if Wild Fire had no GC. Then all three instant casts would really be instant. Waiting for GC and the animation of the cast makes it more of a 1 sec cast each.

3. It's already been said in another thread, but remove the self stun from Flash Fire would be nice too.

4. Add a control spell. Or add a control to an existing spell. With all these spells described as setting people on "fire" you would think it would disrupt them in some way, after-all they're on "fire". Maybe add a snare to Countdown, or a fear to Flame Jet.

Troll this all you want. It's more of a wish list then anything But also feel free to add to this list as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazutopia View Post
    Just a couple of suggestions that I would love to see.

1. A Pyro Pet. Something like a pillar of live flames that tanks for the Pyro and causes damage, has a small percentage of adding a stack of combust to the enemy.

2. I'm sure this is asking to much, but would be nice if Wild Fire had no GC. Then all three instant casts would really be instant. Waiting for GC and the animation of the cast makes it more of a 1 sec cast each.

3. It's already been said in another thread, but remove the self stun from Flash Fire would be nice too.

4. Add a control spell. Or add a control to an existing spell. With all these spells described as setting people on "fire" you would think it would disrupt them in some way, after-all they're on "fire". Maybe add a snare to Countdown, or a fear to Flame Jet.

Troll this all you want. It's more of a wish list then anything But also feel free to add to this list as well.

Thanks
    1) I think most people are happy to not have to deal with pets anymore

2) In order to do the best dps possible keep combust up it's best to not blow all the wildfire proc at once anyway and stagger them between other skills that way if combust is about to fall you have a flame bolt ready. In PVP it would just make people add up the total damage, come here and cry about nerfs, then theyd lower the damage of flame bolt, remove wildfire from the soul tree, and add an extra 1.5 gcd to all fire spells or something ridiculous like what happened to devouring shadows. It just doesn't seem bad enough to be worth the risk of trying to buff it in it's current state as far as pvp goes.

3) That's fine, but still doesn't make much a difference either way.

4) we have lockdown and backdraft and flashfire and flicker and fire shield and burn for disarm as ways of controlling / surviving. Fire seems to be more about burst damage than kiting. If you're wanting some solid damage with kiting abilities then perhaps experiment with stormcaller ride the wind, icicle snares, etc.

I think Pyro is pretty solid. I would personally like to see maybe some of what you mention added to Elementalist or another soul that's needing help.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 02-14-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Plane Walker

As Shhh said, it's a bad idea to blow Wildfire right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    ... I would personally like to see maybe some of what you mention added to Elementalist or another soul that's needing help.
    I agree, especially with the fire pet thing.
    The fire pet(s) that you get with Elemental are find and all. Kinda feels like Split Personality, but I think one that stays around longer would be good.
    As for OP's idea of having it tank, I would say NO.
    If they did add a fire pet that stays like the others, then it would have to do either buffs or damage, and nothing else.
    As is, there is already tank (earth), damage/buff (air), and control (water) with the elem pets.
    If they did that, then they would need to take the buff away from the air pet (giving it another damaging ability), and make the fire pure buffs... or make the air pure buffs, etc. You get the idea.

Telaran

I think it is time to reduce Fireball (untalented) to 2.0s and the talented Fireball to 1.5s. Reduce damage accordingly.

Also, if you could make Withering Flames a 14s DoT (like Defile) instead of a channel it would be awesome. Keep the cool down, reduce the overall damage and have it take away 75% of your charge.

Make fulminate have a stacking debuff that increases fire damage by 5% per stack, up to 3 stacks for 1 minute.

Add two more DoTs to the Warclock Tree. One at 40 points spent, the other at 48.

Give necromancer's corpse explosion a 1m duration and no cooldown.... This would make Necro not only viable, but fun on raid encounters with a lot of adds... think Zilas/Matron. It would just be a fun gimmick spec.

Have detonate bones work when Empty the Crypt and Mass Grave goonies "poof". Also, make it sacrafice your pet for intense super damage - would only really be able to use it when Exhume is up anyways. Again, would just be an awesome gimmick spec.
    Last edited by Amnita; 02-14-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Amnita View Post
    I think it is time to reduce Fireball (untalented) to 2.0s and the talented Fireball to 1.5s. Reduce damage accordingly.

Also, if you could make Withering Flames a 14s DoT (like Defile) instead of a channel it would be awesome. Keep the cool down, reduce the overall damage and have it take away 75% of your charge.

Make fulminate have a stacking debuff that increases fire damage by 5% per stack, up to 3 stacks for 1 minute.

Add two more DoTs to the Warclock Tree. One at 40 points spent, the other at 48.

Give necromancer's corpse explosion a 1m duration and no cooldown.... This would make Necro not only viable, but fun on raid encounters with a lot of adds... think Zilas/Matron. It would just be a fun gimmick spec.

Have detonate bones work when Empty the Crypt and Mass Grave goonies "poof". Also, make it sacrafice your pet for intense super damage - would only really be able to use it when Exhume is up anyways. Again, would just be an awesome gimmick spec.

Do not agree with any of the pyro changes. Necro ideas are nice.

Pyro is already one of the strongest souls in the mages arsenal.... it doesn't really need to be boosted further. Fireball is insanely strong.... a faster weaker version isn't required.... you are penalized if you need to move during your cast time. Withering flames is a DPS gain on my tests.... but different people have had differing results on this. Fulminate is already plenty strong.... its a quick charge consumption spell that balls up the dmg in an instant cast and allows you to continue building charge immediately after. That plus your suggestion would be a nightmare in PvP.

The only thing I would say that pyro can do is make improved glyphs of power more attractive. Currently, 1% dps more and 1% dmg less isn't exactly attractive. Give it a boost and fix fire armor's bug with warlock armor already.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    1) I think most people are happy to not have to deal with pets anymore
    If I am required to keep a pet to DPS with the pyro soul, I will roundhouse kick countless tiny animals.

Other than that, pyro really is fine as it is and any significant tweaks will either A) piss off the entire mage community or B) trigger an avalanche of QQ from other classes that will make me feel like I have to have a pet to DPS.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Touched

Pyro is fine. Move along.
    Onde, mage dps / healing / support (Note: old signature)
    <Archetype>, Icewatch
    EE 2/5 | FT 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | 8/8 ID | 11/11 HK | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | RotP 4/4 | PF 4/4 | PA 628

Telaran

They should stop working on pyro soul now. All the builds are around pyro already pvp/pve wise. This is really boring when I see everyone hitting with a fireball that way or another. What happened to rest of our souls? where are plague bolts? void bolts? maybe some cloudbursts? have anyone seen crystalline missile or whatever that was called.

+ Reply to Thread