+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mage PTS Updates.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default Mage PTS Updates.

    Copyed from PTS fourm


    PTS Mage Updates

    Hey all,

    Wanted to give you a heads up on some changes on their way to PTS in the next day or two. I'll keep updating this thread as any further changes or updates make their way out to PTS:

    Archon

    Reduced the duration of Searing Vitality to 8 seconds.
    Reduced the duration of Leeching Flames to 8 seconds.

    Chloromancer

    Increased duration of Withering Vine to 16 seconds.

    Dominator

    Increased the duration of Haunting Pain to 16 seconds.


    Elementalist

    Reduced the duration of Ignite to 8 seconds.
    Increased the duration of Icy Carapace to 16 seconds.

    Necromancer

    Increased duration of Corpse Explosion to 30 seconds.
    Reduced base duration of Necrosis to 10 seconds. The Flesh Rot talent now increases the duration of Necrosis by 2/4/6 seconds, increases its base damage by 20/40/60% and increases the benefit it gains from spell power by 20/40/60%.


    Warlock

    Reduced base duration of Life Leech to 10 seconds. The Improved Life Leech talent now increases the duration of Life Leech by 2/4/6 seconds, increases its base damage by 20/40/60%, increases the benefit it gains from spell power by 20/40/60% and increases the amount healed by Life Leech by 10/20/30%.

    Empowered Darkness now costs 75 Charge to cast, but no longer consumes Charge or blocks Charge gain while active. Reduced the bonus to 50%. It now has a 15 second max duration.

    Reduced the cooldown of Sacrifice Life: Damage to 30 seconds and increased the bonus to 20%.

    Kervik posted this on PTS fourms thought I would repost here incase anyone did not see them.

    The boost to leech life and Necrosis look good . Should they not do something similar to dark touch? can see it being put to the bottom of peoples prioritys in warlock/necro specs ?
    Last edited by Finchyuk; 02-14-2012 at 04:04 AM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    285

    Default

    The charge consumption issues is way over due and glad that defile get's along with ED now. If the dots hit just a little harder (and seems like maybe they will) Warlock will be a boss spec again it already has a **** tone of tools, just needs a slight damage bump.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Nevergone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Yet another reason for me to never cast Haunting Pain.
    Now I have to keep enemies from moving for 16 seconds to deliver all of the damage?

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Interesting. Looks like 36/30 rotations will just alternate between IC and saclifedmg now
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finchyuk View Post
    Copyed from PTS fourm




    Warlock

    Reduced base duration of Life Leech to 10 seconds. The Improved Life Leech talent now increases the duration of Life Leech by 2/4/6 seconds, increases its base damage by 20/40/60%, increases the benefit it gains from spell power by 20/40/60% and increases the amount healed by Life Leech by 10/20/30%.

    Empowered Darkness now costs 75 Charge to cast, but no longer consumes Charge or blocks Charge gain while active. Reduced the bonus to 50%. It now has a 15 second max duration.

    Reduced the cooldown of Sacrifice Life: Damage to 30 seconds and increased the bonus to 20%.
    Necrolock coming back I hope, pls pls.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finchyuk View Post
    Copyed from PTS fourm


    PTS Mage Updates

    Hey all,

    Wanted to give you a heads up on some changes on their way to PTS in the next day or two. I'll keep updating this thread as any further changes or updates make their way out to PTS:

    Archon

    Reduced the duration of Searing Vitality to 8 seconds.
    Reduced the duration of Leeching Flames to 8 seconds.

    Chloromancer

    Increased duration of Withering Vine to 16 seconds.

    Dominator

    Increased the duration of Haunting Pain to 16 seconds.


    Elementalist

    Reduced the duration of Ignite to 8 seconds.
    Increased the duration of Icy Carapace to 16 seconds.

    Necromancer

    Increased duration of Corpse Explosion to 30 seconds.
    Reduced base duration of Necrosis to 10 seconds. The Flesh Rot talent now increases the duration of Necrosis by 2/4/6 seconds, increases its base damage by 20/40/60% and increases the benefit it gains from spell power by 20/40/60%.


    Warlock

    Reduced base duration of Life Leech to 10 seconds. The Improved Life Leech talent now increases the duration of Life Leech by 2/4/6 seconds, increases its base damage by 20/40/60%, increases the benefit it gains from spell power by 20/40/60% and increases the amount healed by Life Leech by 10/20/30%.

    Empowered Darkness now costs 75 Charge to cast, but no longer consumes Charge or blocks Charge gain while active. Reduced the bonus to 50%. It now has a 15 second max duration.

    Reduced the cooldown of Sacrifice Life: Damage to 30 seconds and increased the bonus to 20%.

    Kervik posted this on PTS fourms thought I would repost here incase anyone did not see them.

    The boost to leech life and Necrosis look good . Should they not do something similar to dark touch? can see it being put to the bottom of peoples prioritys in warlock/necro specs ?
    Reducing the tick times on dots is a good idea, would like to see Life Leech an instant cast though, Inquisitors get Vex, an instant cast dot that dmgs for more and heals for more....not fair.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    Yet another reason for me to never cast Haunting Pain.
    Now I have to keep enemies from moving for 16 seconds to deliver all of the damage?
    If you are casting haunting pain for it's damage component, you're doing it wrong!

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Nevergone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphony the Guild View Post
    If you are casting haunting pain for it's damage component, you're doing it wrong!
    In PvE, that's the only purpose it serves...

    In PvP, it serves as a cleanse buffer and a forced decision, although admittedly the damage is already so low against targets with valor that most ignore it.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergone View Post
    In PvE, that's the only purpose it serves...

    In PvP, it serves as a cleanse buffer and a forced decision, although admittedly the damage is already so low against targets with valor that most ignore it.
    If your using dominator in PvE..... good luck.
    If you're using haunting pain because of the dmg in PvP......


    You even mentioned the main aim of HP is as a cleanse buffer. Its like how searing vitality is a purge buffer. The longer duration is a god send (helps too if you're planning to use void decimation, but that's not the main goal). Its not the HP that's giving you grief.... its the stormshackle/other DoT's after that that make a difference. Especially true on the PTS where necrosis and life leech hits like a ... well.... small and slow truck.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts