+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kaspurtz

Thread: My lvl 39 pyro pvp build

Ascendant

Default My lvl 39 pyro pvp build

Since i locked XP at 39 i have been having the most success with this spec. Im new to the whole mage thing so i dont know if this has been implemented already.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...c0dusqMqz.Voss

I know i could go into the warlock tree and get the opportunity proc, but i would lose so much utility from the archon tree. Care to share your thoughts. Im wondering if 51pyro 15 archon would be effective in lvl 50 pvp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Since i locked XP at 39 i have been having the most success with this spec. Im new to the whole mage thing so i dont know if this has been implemented already.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...c0dusqMqz.Voss

I know i could go into the warlock tree and get the opportunity proc, but i would lose so much utility from the archon tree. Care to share your thoughts. Im wondering if 51pyro 15 archon would be effective in lvl 50 pvp.
    The build has all the utility you would want out of the Pyro tree. You might find that Backdraft is helpful in some situations; stuns are always helpful because baddies, not knowing what they've been stunned by, will blow their Break Free. I'd play around with it a bit but honestly, it's not terribly useful, especially since you have Fire Storm (no stun, but great for preventing shard pickups).

Unbreakable Bonds is great. It's fun to root a cleric and Heatwave him down if he's trying to run a shard.

I often run 51/15 pyro/archon and it's quite effective in WFs. You're a good player, so I imagine you'll have more than Fireball, Fulminate, Heat Wave, and Flicker in your hotbar. You'd be surprised at how many folks think that's all 51 Pyro has, and then complain when they get 3-shotted by rogues in a WF.

51/15 is a great build because you get two shields, two snares, a some nice debuffs, two DoTs, and the always helpful Flicker. Plus, you'll never run out of mana. It's more or less what you're running now, but you do get the added 11% proc chance to Pyro Armor which makes up for not having any Opportunity Procs.

It's too bad you'll be stuck at level 39, but honestly, I'm finding that and level 29 to be my favorite PvP levels.
    Last edited by steebu; 02-13-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Looks okay, but by going for lockdown you miss out on volcanic bomb and the casting speed increase from having your auras up.

Got a pyrodom build at 39 you could try out.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ks.eocbzhsqzoz

A Pyro-Archon build like this might be better suited for you, all you really give up is imp glyph and lockdown:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zhsqMoz.ARsoMb

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    Unbreakable Bonds is great. It's fun to root a cleric and Heatwave him down if he's trying to run a shard.
    Truth. Unbreakable Bonds is borderline OP in my opinion, abuse this along with Flicker

As Steebu mentioned, Backdraft is terribad. Unless people have their break frees macroed into their spammable, people won't even know they're stunned until they're out. All it does is waste a DR for the entire enemy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Looks okay, but by going for lockdown you miss out on volcanic bomb and the casting speed increase from having your auras up.
    Volcanic Bomb is a pathetically weak attack and the 5% extra cast time is negligible in a warfront environment. Lockdown is one of the best snares in the game, and knowing when and how to use it is a skill worth mastering.

From what you have I think that's a pretty solid build. Everything is specced correctly IMO, and Archon is good for stationary casters. I personally prefer Warlock for more health and Opportunity, but it's really just playstyle.
    Last edited by SeraphShroud; 02-13-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post

Got a pyrodom build at 39 you could try out.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ks.eocbzhsqzoz

A Pyro-Archon build like this might be better suited for you, all you really give up is imp glyph and lockdown:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zhsqMoz.ARsoMb
    Dom is a sad excuse for a mage spec and i hate it.

page 4 before I found a 39 twink mage post.

So, I'm new to mages, I'm currently trying pyro/chloro/0 dom. I never use the squirrel because of the cast time. I spec'd chloro wrong, but I can stay up a decent amount of time. I'm still 38 at the moment. Without making/buying all the crafted stuff yet, or having a good weapon, my bloom is able to crit heal me for 1-1.2k which is great, and it's instant. You also get cleanse of dots and bleeds, but I don't feel like that helps me much. I have Natural Conversion under bloom in case bloom is down for a partial save as flicker comes off cd if I'm in a place where I'm running away. I need more work on using my snares. Right now I just have bbonds in the builder, and dots on their own key, with cinderburst on it's own, too. I haven't learned how to use heat wave yet. I use cinderburst only when it's instant procs because of how slow the cast is. I might switch to 8 chloro/6 archon instead. Still get instant bloom, spores dot, and 25% int proc. Using the other heals in the list probably won't help or be fun to try and use.

All in all, I like to try things first before I ask what others do.

So, non-troll advice?
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    page 4 before I found a 39 twink mage post.

So, I'm new to mages, I'm currently trying pyro/chloro/0 dom. I never use the squirrel because of the cast time. I spec'd chloro wrong, but I can stay up a decent amount of time. I'm still 38 at the moment. Without making/buying all the crafted stuff yet, or having a good weapon, my bloom is able to crit heal me for 1-1.2k which is great, and it's instant. You also get cleanse of dots and bleeds, but I don't feel like that helps me much. I have Natural Conversion under bloom in case bloom is down for a partial save as flicker comes off cd if I'm in a place where I'm running away. I need more work on using my snares. Right now I just have bbonds in the builder, and dots on their own key, with cinderburst on it's own, too. I haven't learned how to use heat wave yet. I use cinderburst only when it's instant procs because of how slow the cast is. I might switch to 8 chloro/6 archon instead. Still get instant bloom, spores dot, and 25% int proc. Using the other heals in the list probably won't help or be fun to try and use.

All in all, I like to try things first before I ask what others do.

So, non-troll advice?
    best spells in chloro are wild growth and essence surge, followed closely by radiant spores and nature's fury imo, so...picking those up and rest into pyro could be a decent build at 39. At 51 the synergy between chloro/pyro exists because of spark, so going 25 pyro, rest chloro could be a good build as well, but your main heal is basically a cleanse, supported by bloom, which is supported by flourish, and actually lgv works pretty well at lower levels because of the lack of valor which destroys it's healing in 50 pvp. Either way, try to get the dot on VS and ruin, and the spreading radiant spores. 0 archon, pillaging is awsome debuff, worth casting on people, and searing flesh is cheap spammable dot to fill up gcd's on the go that would normally be wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

+ Reply to Thread