+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knockback equality.

Soulwalker

Default Knockback equality.

I've noticed that our knockback abilities(thunder blast, flame jet, etc) have pitiful knock back range compared to the cleric's excommunicate and crushing wave and the marksmen repelling shot. Alot of our damage in PVP comes from having to hard cast spells, and once melee gets on us it's pretty much game over. Wouldn't it make sense if mages had equal range with our knockbacks? It would give us more time to deal with that insane RS/NB rogue if he couldn't blink right back at us because he was more than 15 yards away, and help get maybe one more spell off.

Thunder blast and flame jet is really silly at the moment, it's like slightly pushing them, or trust falling them.

Plane Touched

also stuns. The pyro stun also stuns us. I don't think any other class gets stunned for stunning someone...

But wait, I thought the whole point of stunning someone was to put yourself out of commission as well... are you trying to say it isn't? Such blasphemy borders on the heretical...

Let me get this straight...
    You're playing a different calling, but want all of the same abilities of the calling you're not playing?
    If you want knockback at that kind of range (and don't like the one in dom) then go roll a cleric. If you don't like the stuns that stun you, then don't use that one that the pyros have. Use the other one the pyro has, or spec into dom for some of the others.

Rift Master

The fixed 0 point Electrocute is fairly decent, good for pushing people around in Codex.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 02-12-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    Let me get this straight...
    You're playing a different calling, but want all of the same abilities of the calling you're not playing?
    If you want knockback at that kind of range (and don't like the one in dom) then go roll a cleric. If you don't like the stuns that stun you, then don't use that one that the pyros have. Use the other one the pyro has, or spec into dom for some of the others.
    I never said I wanted the abilities exocommunicate or any abilities the rogue/clerics have. I used them as reference to abilities that work well. Knocking someone back 3 yards is pointless in this era of PVP.

This idea you have that if you don't like something about your calling then quit playing is a defeatist approach, one of the major reasons these forums exist is to communicate suggestions and/or new ideas to make the playing experience more enjoyable.

Also, I'd forgotten about electrocute. It does have a decent range.

Soulwalker

I have to agree. Our calling relies heavily on being able to cast and with such tiny knockbacks it's almost like they're saying eh you don't need extra room to do what you need So you can make the deeps.

Plane Touched

what it really comes down to is mages are really lacking in the ability to counter other classes abilities. I've been playing my rogue more (mm spec), and it is really showing. I can kill a mage in a single strafe + finisher, heck if I crit my strafe shots I don't even need the finisher. And I can do it out of their spell casting range.

On my mage, basically if a rogue or warrior gets on me I pray they aren't already immune to cc but even if they aren't the paltry few seconds that it gives me to put distance on them isn't enough when they can kill me in 3-5 globals at the most. The only time I can really do what I do is when my team dominates and makes a buffer between me and the enemy.

Sure pyro/dom can make a difference to their team (though they are still just as squishy). But I didn't make a mage to play a class that serves to do nothing but control and annoy the opponent, I made a mage to kill things.

It's very easy to cross the line of either letting us do too much damage or have too much control. But right now we do neither and need something to make up for it.

Shadowlander

I could not agree more.

I don't think anyone even bothers putting points into flame jet to get that weak knock back. Useless...
    Should not even have to feat it. Flame Jet should knock back, no feat points required.

And the dumb*** stun.
    2 sec on self and (what is it?) 5 sec on enemy?

Why not minus the 2 secs from both and make it a 3 sec stun on enemy?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post
    also stuns. The pyro stun also stuns us. I don't think any other class gets stunned for stunning someone...
    Although the pyro stun probably stuns you, the mage gets stunned doing it as well. It's not the same as a stealth rogue stunning you and 2/3 chopping you into the dirt. Although that may be due to gear, valor, and rogue dps. I think everyone who has stun should get a short duration stun on themselves too.
    Lvl 50 Necro
    Shard: Gnarlwood
    Guild: Apocalypse

+ Reply to Thread