+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Warlock more viable in PVP

Soulwalker

Default [SUGGESTION] Warlock more viable in PVP

After reading both on these forums and playing a necro/warlock myself I have come to the conclusion that in many cases the DoT that characterise the Warlock specc is being rendering close to useless when dispell is around every corner.

An idea struck me which could help on the situation.

A deep warlock specc 0/1:

Causes your Dark Touch to deal it's full damage on the enemy target if dispelled.
    It's something similar to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30108 Unstable affliction which was added to the game for PVP purpose due to the warlock dot class was being outtaken by the dispells.

This is not a way to turn Rift into wow but to even out the odds between this DoT soul and other players.

This is a discussion thread and keep your flaming away.

Imbalanced here due to clerics naturally cleansing from heals. If they did not have that talent, then I would agree. Personally I think they damage should not be reduced from valor. If a warlock/neck fully dots you, you should be worried. Not going... "LoL is this guy really dotting me? (2k finisher from a far)"
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

If you read some of the current threads about lock, that idea has been brought up. Honestly I don't see that many peeps dispelling or being dispelled all that much, sure sometimes, but mostly not.

They could change/add a feature in the Lock tree (high into it of course) that would serve this function, giving ALL the dots affected by Neddra's Influence a chance to detonate for their remaining dmg if a dispell is attempted.

Personally I think Neddra's Influence NEEDS to be buffed, even deep or fully invested into Lock I don't see that big a difference in my dot dmg, it's still basically fluff.

And no more cool downs on Neddra's Grasp, it's not powerful enough to be worthy of a CD.

Since BETA I've cried that Life Leech be an INSTANT cast like a normal dot. There is no up front dmg and the dmg/healing off the dot isn't that powerful to begin with. Vex in Inquisitor damages AND heals for more and is instant cast....WTF?

The other dot that needs changing is Defile, no more charge consumption, this would help make a full 51 Lock more viable imho.

Warlock is fun, but it needs some tweaking.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Morguloth View Post
    If you read some of the current threads about lock, that idea has been brought up. Honestly I don't see that many peeps dispelling or being dispelled all that much, sure sometimes, but mostly not.

They could change/add a feature in the Lock tree (high into it of course) that would serve this function, giving ALL the dots affected by Neddra's Influence a chance to detonate for their remaining dmg if a dispell is attempted.

Personally I think Neddra's Influence NEEDS to be buffed, even deep or fully invested into Lock I don't see that big a difference in my dot dmg, it's still basically fluff.

And no more cool downs on Neddra's Grasp, it's not powerful enough to be worthy of a CD.

Since BETA I've cried that Life Leech be an INSTANT cast like a normal dot. There is no up front dmg and the dmg/healing off the dot isn't that powerful to begin with. Vex in Inquisitor damages AND heals for more and is instant cast....WTF?

The other dot that needs changing is Defile, no more charge consumption, this would help make a full 51 Lock more viable imho.

Warlock is fun, but it needs some tweaking.
    I agree to everything you say! Except to the part that you don't see alot of dispells, maybe its true in your case and individuall. But when I play warfronts as necro/warlock. Its very hard to get any real damage output because of all the dispells. And you rely on the DoT's, if they get dispelled it takes some time to get them all up again, and Life leech is a bugger to get up if you have a melee on you.

I just hope Trion will take this into consideration and make the warlock soul more fun in PvP and not just while leveling.
    Last edited by gretafeta; 02-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gretafeta View Post
    I agree to everything you say! Except to the part that you don't see alot of dispells, maybe its true in your case and individuall. But when I play warfronts as necro/warlock. Its very hard to get any real damage output because of all the dispells. And you rely on the DoT's, if they get dispelled it takes some time to get them all up again, and Life leech is a bugger to get up if you have a melee on you.

I just hope Trion will take this into consideration and make the warlock soul more fun in PvP and not just while leveling.
    Honestly I stack a good half dozen dots on peeps, so if they dispell one or two, I probably wouldn't even notice. It's sad I have to stack a ton of dots to collectively make a dent in someone, but if Life Leech were instant cast the synergy with Void Bolt would be MUCH more explosive for us imho. Stack all your dots and spam Void Bolts and hope for some opportunity procs of course.

I like a 50 Lock / 16 Necro because of how Neddra's Influence buffs Soul Purge (it's wierd how it's better with a near full Lock than in a full Necro build lol) to also help finish peeps and keep my rear end up. 0 Archon is handy with Seering Vitality for another dot and an endurance buff.

The mechanic of the class and the mobility is a lot of fun and it has some of the best defensive abilities in any mage tree, but the dots are so subpar, if I don't get all my dots on a target they don't even move their health bar too significantly half the time.

So if Trion would remove the cast time from Life Leech, remove the CD off of Neddra's Grasp, remove the charge consumption off Defile, give us a chance for dispells to cause dots to fire off the remainder of their dmg (possibly only with dots effected by Neddra's Influence) and buff Neddra's Influence a bit so dot dependent mages will have decent weapons, then imho Lock would be able to compete.

I don't think any of the above suggestions would be OP, obviously I can't test them in my mind, but something along these lines would seem fair and put us in a better place to compete in PvP.

+ Reply to Thread