+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Caller

Telaran

Default Storm Caller

So, here is the spec I am using: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...b.xx0V0VVx.f0z

For buffs I am using Warlock Armor, Glyphs of Power. From what I have found it is the best AOE spec (10% Dark Power +10% Glyphs of Power + 10% Improved Warlock Armor = +30% base damage, or 45% to Crit [Far better then ELE's Plus 30% to crit only]) - Sorry, felt like I would need to justify my rather strange build, and yes, I know my ST is terribad.

So, my questions:
    1) Is forked lightning a "smart spell" that is, hits the same mobs every time if more than 4 - or is it random?
    2) When you get a big pull, say 6 is it a DPS increase to use Hailstorm + Artic Blast, or is it better just to use Forked Lightning + Lightning Field?
    3) Is Storm Caller only situationaly good? Or, am I biffing something real bad. When their are 6+mobs 36/30 seems to have an advantage and can actually mimic my DPS - is this just me sucking?
    4) Can I get some general Storm Caller wisdom for Aky? My last attempt was dismal. I would assume that it is due to the large amount of adds in P1, but I dunno

Rift Disciple

No LS, no Spark means you cant hit more than 4 mobs, means you cant do top AOE dmg.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nastharl View Post
    No LS, no Spark means you cant hit more than 4 mobs, means you cant do top AOE dmg.
    Isn't LS considered a DPS loss over just Forked Lightning and Lightning Field spam unless there are more than 8 mobs?

Furthermore, unless I am oblivious to the obvious, isn't spark really only a ST DPS increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnita View Post
    Isn't LS considered a DPS loss over just Forked Lightning and Lightning Field spam unless there are more than 8 mobs?

Furthermore, unless I am oblivious to the obvious, isn't spark really only a ST DPS increase?
    Spark is AoE as well because of ignition + other raid buffs reducing FL to less than the normal 1.5 GCD.

SC/Pyro is best, but I think you missed that Ele is +30 critical Magnitude not +30 % crit. ( mag means all spells crit for 180% instead of 150%)
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Araenn View Post
    Spark is AoE as well because of ignition + other raid buffs reducing FL to less than the normal 1.5 GCD.

SC/Pyro is best, but I think you missed that Ele is +30 critical Magnitude not +30 % crit. ( mag means all spells crit for 180% instead of 150%)
    This. 7890

Rift Disciple

Spark also lets you get 2 LFs off on 4 stacked mobs before it drops

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Nastharl View Post
    Spark also lets you get 2 LFs off on 4 stacked mobs before it drops
    You shouldn't do that - that's a waste of stacks.
    3x FL - LF, rinse'n'repeat at 4+ mobs.

Instead of making a new thread I'll post it here. I just started messing with Stormcaller for PvP, and I have been messing around with specs. Anyone have a decent one they don't mind sharing?
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

lgw

Try 44 SC for LB.
    22 Dom for 3/5 Swift control, instant poly, Transference and 2/2 microburst.

HF snipign stuff.

44SC/22DOM is decent, as well as 51SC/11PYRO/4ELE imo for medium burst and aoe and low survivability- you need a lot of spacing and group cover as a result as you will die to equally skilled players in isolated situations in all callings. Tbh there are some real issues with stormcaller pvp this patch, I keep hoping they will address.

Shadowlander

pve thread guys, note his references to 36/30

+ Reply to Thread