+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any other Locks out there broke??

Telaran

Default Any other Locks out there broke??

So I've been gone from game for about 3 weeks, maybe a bit more. I ran chloro/lock which was great, and loved it even after 1.6. Now 1.7 is here, fully geared, with new p40 crystal and everything, runes on all my gear, 4 hour enhancements etc, my DoTs tick from 45-75 and crit for 90-120 and majority of people. Now some people I still tick for 150-200 and crit for 180-250 which was normal, but even with all 4-5 DoTs ticking, I cant get people below 95%. Clerics, warriors, rogues, forget about it. They hit me for 500 and crit from 700-1500 and im doing 70 dmg a tick. If I stand still to cast im threw.. Lock is broke..
    Everyones response is, no one forces you to play it, roll pyro dom, etc. I call ********. Trion is ****ing it up left and right. They shouldnt break tree's. I shouldn't have to roll pyro or dom because they ****ed up Lock. They should put it inline with everything else. Seems to me they always patch ****, and only think of a handful of things that are being affected of changed and they always end up breaking tons of other crap. Probably a way to keep people re rolling and paying for game. But damn, stop breaking ****. at least leave it so its a viable option, or whats the point in having the tree anyways? Reading through a lot of these posts, im not the only one. Cmon trion do something about this. No wonder your loosing people left and right. Stop breaking stuff and forcing people to have no option.
    Last edited by Jinx161; 02-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.

its just a phase
    tuning underway, hang in there
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx161 View Post
    So I've been gone from game for about 3 weeks, maybe a bit more. I ran chloro/lock which was great, and loved it even after 1.6. Now 1.7 is here, fully geared, with new p40 crystal and everything, runes on all my gear, 4 hour enhancements etc, my DoTs tick from 45-75 and crit for 90-120 and majority of people. Now some people I still tick for 150-200 and crit for 180-250 which was normal, but even with all 4-5 DoTs ticking, I cant get people below 95%. Clerics, warriors, rogues, forget about it. They hit me for 500 and crit from 700-1500 and im doing 70 dmg a tick. If I stand still to cast im threw.. Lock is broke..
    Everyones response is, no one forces you to play it, roll pyro dom, etc. I call ********. Trion is ****ing it up left and right. They shouldnt break tree's. I shouldn't have to roll pyro or dom because they ****ed up Lock. They should put it inline with everything else. Seems to me they always patch ****, and only think of a handful of things that are being affected of changed and they always end up breaking tons of other crap. Probably a way to keep people re rolling and paying for game. But damn, stop breaking ****. at least leave it so its a viable option, or whats the point in having the tree anyways? Reading through a lot of these posts, im not the only one. Cmon trion do something about this. No wonder your loosing people left and right. Stop breaking stuff and forcing people to have no option.
    Yeah, I'm still on the fence tbh about whether or not to retire my mage, I only play a 50 Lock/16 Necro/ 0 Archon build because I love dots and the Warlock class, but like the OP said, they tick for so little. My theory was to heal debuff, stack up all my dots and burn 'em down with Soul Purge (which gets a reeeeal nice boost from Neddra's Influence), but the dots just aren't doing their part, it can take forrrrrever to kill someone even 1 on 1. And since my defensive abilities are on 3 min CDs, I can't keep grinding target to target for too long. The crit dmg is horrible with dots, he's still only R34 with about 1500SP (buffed 4 hour crystal) and 900 crit with another 4 ranks ahead of him I've been holding out some hope that the situation will improve. Survivability is pretty good, base HPs at 9300 and buffed up to around 9700+ means I can survive for a bit and hope to end up at 10K+ by R40, but I'd need 20K HPs with the time it takes to burn peeps down with my dots. Even when I get kills in WFs, half the time I'm just stealing 'em because I'll have a half dozen dots on a target the they tick sooo fast the other peeps in my group can't get in the kill shot.

Personally I'd BOOST Neddra's Influence A TON, so a full Warlock or someone high in the tree gets some nice dmg from his dots, they're DOTS FFS, all at 10+ seconds for crying out loud, they need more overall dmg. With all the AoE heals, HoTs, Passive heals, etc and all the cleanses dots in their current state are pathetic tbh.

I also agree with the OP that I shouldn't HAVE to roll Pyro/Dom to compete in PvP. You're pissing ppl off Trion and making a joke out of your Soul System ffs.

+ Reply to Thread