+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Let's talk about Reflective Presence

Default Let's talk about Reflective Presence

...and why it doesn't debuff people so they can't gain its benefits again for x amount of time.

Not that I don't enjoy doing absolutely nothing for an entire Warfront unless I want to kill myself, purge myself, or drain my own mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    ...and why it doesn't debuff people so they can't gain its benefits again for x amount of time.

Not that I don't enjoy doing absolutely nothing for an entire Warfront unless I want to kill myself, purge myself, or drain my own mana.
    This is stupid.

Rift Master

It has a CD and it consumes charge when active! What were u crying about now again?
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 02-10-2012 at 07:05 AM.

I was gonna say. It's viable only on certain situations. At full charge it can last 15 seconds max (My testing) and it eats charge. Then it goes on a cooldown. So? Ummm...I don't understand.

He's talking about when you have 6 chlorodom's on the other team in pvp and it has a practically 100% untime, rendering the wf a complete chore for any mages and dps clerics, where is the harm in putting a debuff on the OTHER recipients of it to ensure they can't have unlimited uptime of reflective presence. I think it is quite obvious that one dom can't keep it up, but several sure can, and it needs to be looked at.
    Last edited by Hikos; 02-10-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Shield of Telara

His complaint is probably as a result of how popular dom is now, and even having 2 coordinating mages alternating their reflective presences would have an extremely high uptime percent. Add in a couple of random pugs that are also using it and 90+% up-time is not far fetched. Won't do any good if the enemy team is mostly warriors/rogues, but against a team with a lot of casters, yeah I can see it getting pretty ridiculous. Even as a mage who has used it regularly I'm surprised at how short the cooldown is.

However, it can be purged. Best rogue class for PvP is still MM, too bad most rogues don't like being useful and just want to solo gank people in team-based warfronts.
    Rank 8, 11/11

It's a pain, but not a broken mechanic or anything...that's what Doms are supposed to do.

My only issue is that there are times where it seems to reflect 100%....like if 2 Doms have it up does that make it effectively 100%?

It irritates me because so many times I have the Dom on the ropes and one more fireball should do the trick...so I take my chances and fire away...with 0% success rate.

Not sure what is going on there.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Shield of Telara

Nah they don't stack like that, just got unlucky.
    Rank 8, 11/11

If they're coordinating their RP's, they deserve to have the upper hand. Most wf's are a cluster**** of chickens minus heads, so no, don't go penalizing the craftier folks out there who understand the importance of coordinating attacks and abilities in combat. Also, 75% chance is 75% chance, regardless of how often it's up, there's always going to be that gap. The only thing you gotta ask yourself, is do you feel lucky, punk?

In regards to RP though, I do need to ask, you can cast it on yourself right? I have my macro set to target me, then cast the spell, yet I never notice the buff on my bar. Does it show up as a buff on you if you cast it on yourself? It's going on cd, so it's gotta be getting cast, I just want to ensure that I cast it on me. Would a straight up cast @self macro bring about any different results?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Azeula View Post
    If they're coordinating their RP's, they deserve to have the upper hand. Most wf's are a cluster**** of chickens minus heads, so no, don't go penalizing the craftier folks out there who understand the importance of coordinating attacks and abilities in combat. Also, 75% chance is 75% chance, regardless of how often it's up, there's always going to be that gap. The only thing you gotta ask yourself, is do you feel lucky, punk?

In regards to RP though, I do need to ask, you can cast it on yourself right? I have my macro set to target me, then cast the spell, yet I never notice the buff on my bar. Does it show up as a buff on you if you cast it on yourself? It's going on cd, so it's gotta be getting cast, I just want to ensure that I cast it on me. Would a straight up cast @self macro bring about any different results?
    Yes you can. If it's on you then you have two RP icons on your buff bar.

And I've found when talented to 75% it really seems more like 90%.

Rift Disciple

I completely agree. Furthermore, it was observed that mages were seeing casting viod bolts one after another. This OP skill deserves a cooldown of y amount of time before mages can gain it's benefits again.

Not that this post isn't a complete mockery unless you want me to tell you to l2p, QQ less, or reroll a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    It's a pain, but not a broken mechanic or anything...that's what Doms are supposed to do.

My only issue is that there are times where it seems to reflect 100%....like if 2 Doms have it up does that make it effectively 100%?

It irritates me because so many times I have the Dom on the ropes and one more fireball should do the trick...so I take my chances and fire away...with 0% success rate.

Not sure what is going on there.
    Reflective Command maybe? or if not your just unlucky. EP does boost it an extra 15% though to 75% if taken, i think that's a pretty good chance to reflect spells. Dont take your chances next time

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony the Guild View Post
    I completely agree. Furthermore, it was observed that mages were seeing casting viod bolts one after another. This OP skill deserves a cooldown of y amount of time before mages can gain it's benefits again.

Not that this post isn't a complete mockery unless you want me to tell you to l2p, QQ less, or reroll a mage.
    I play a Mage -- 51 Dom more than anything -- and run in a premade with two other Mages. Do you even think before you ****post? Why would I be complaining about not being able to do anything? Who else's purge can be reflected? People are talking like it's so difficult to rotate Reflective, what garbage. I have a macro that says "Reflective Presence up" in raid chat. Boom, coordinated. I deserve to win the match now! That's imbecilic.

And as a few others have said, when you spec into Empowered Presence it seems to be a lot more than 75% chance.

Normal coin with heads or tails.
    I flipped a coin 1000000000 times.
    Every single time the coin was heads.

Chance of heads remains 50%

nerf void bolt
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast