+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PA grinding specs/spots?

Default PA grinding specs/spots?

I was wondering if anyone had managed to come up with a spec that allows mages to grind and farm efficiently in EI?
    The best I've been able to do is a variation of the pyrochloro spec, and as such the best I've managed is 25% of a level per 10 mins.
    I have been messing around but have not been able to produce anything better.
    Do any of you have any recommendations? or maybe even a spot that is more worthwhile?

Rift Chaser

Closely guarded secret....

That someone should share with the both of us!

Spec is in my signature, use it for AoE farming, works great.

Make sure spores is ALWAYS up. I usually where 5 pvp gear and 2 HK gear for the 2 piece chloro crystal bonus. Forked lightning and charge field keeps you alive. With holy champion up, it chains 4k heals non stop.

You have bloom and a bunch of other stuff you can figure out too ;)

This spec kills **** the fastest...the 3 "little mobs" with invasions die after the first 3 forks and a lightning field (without holy champ) then you got icicle and lots of other nukes to finish off the big guy. If the mobs are spaced close together, you can handle and wipe out 2-3 elite invasions no problem in great time.
    Last edited by Berzz; 02-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...x0V.V0qq0Ahkbz

open with radiant spores chloro crystal equiped then use a basic sc aoe rotation storm guard is your charge dump 15% less dmg + everything that hits you takes 400+ dmg a hit and get elecrified and you will have around 9k hp and never run out of mana. i solo onslaughts with it np if you get more then 1 elite use your planar ability enjoy

Ascendant

I've found that sourcewells in EI are great exp... just do them all and you'll get a few AAs a day, plus whatever you get from invasions in the meantime.

Plane Touched

I use a chloro/storm spec for soloing as well. Honestly you can use it anywhere. I use it for any pug I join, I use it on hk trash, and ive even solo healed expert dungeons with it.
    DragonflySeksParade@?
    Fivedollarfootlong@? (rip Multipass)
    Primetime@?
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

Shadowlander

What sort of gear do you need to pull off a sc/chloro spec? I ask because after a lot of experimenting I found while a chlorolock is slower it can pull more and live longer, the heals from sc/chloro, especially the pyro variant were very RNG based, a couple of times leaving me in the lurch and resulting in my death when radiant spores just didn't proc off lightning field. With 3 mobs hitting me (the neutral ones near the first portal in EI are a good example ) I found my health shot down so fast that if I didn't get lucky with crit radiant spores heals on lightning field then I would be dead every time without fail.

Is this type of build just unsuitable for this kind of pulling and instead needs mobs to be right next to eachother from the outset, a la invasions? or does it require high rank pvp gear for the mitigation? or the chloro synergy crystal?

I wouldn't hesitate to pull these mobs until there weren't any more to pull on any other of my characters and I'd also feel way more comfortable pulling more than 3 with chloro/lock. If I'm not really meant to be tanking these as such and the heals are there as an emergency and I should be letting turrets tank and just forget about non invasion mobs then why this kind of spec over any other that is just there to tag mobs for turrets to tank?

I basically can't work out if my gear isn't good enough or if my expectations of what a sc/chloro spec can do are way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejelly View Post
    What sort of gear do you need to pull off a sc/chloro spec? I ask because after a lot of experimenting I found while a chlorolock is slower it can pull more and live longer, the heals from sc/chloro, especially the pyro variant were very RNG based, a couple of times leaving me in the lurch and resulting in my death when radiant spores just didn't proc off lightning field. With 3 mobs hitting me (the neutral ones near the first portal in EI are a good example ) I found my health shot down so fast that if I didn't get lucky with crit radiant spores heals on lightning field then I would be dead every time without fail.

Is this type of build just unsuitable for this kind of pulling and instead needs mobs to be right next to eachother from the outset, a la invasions? or does it require high rank pvp gear for the mitigation? or the chloro synergy crystal?

I wouldn't hesitate to pull these mobs until there weren't any more to pull on any other of my characters and I'd also feel way more comfortable pulling more than 3 with chloro/lock. If I'm not really meant to be tanking these as such and the heals are there as an emergency and I should be letting turrets tank and just forget about non invasion mobs then why this kind of spec over any other that is just there to tag mobs for turrets to tank?

I basically can't work out if my gear isn't good enough or if my expectations of what a sc/chloro spec can do are way too high.

Works best with Soothsayer's + 2pc HK with Chloro synergy crystal. Depending on how you spec it, you should be easily above 8k HP.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Stormcaller with radiant spores chloro 2pc resulted in me dying many times whilst mass pulling EI mobs. I.e. Lightning field not proccing radiant spores 5 times in a row on 3+ targets. The build is not viable (unless you consider 2 PA levels per hour to be viable, then you've clearly not seen what the other 3 callings can do to PA grind)
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Partner with an *icar spec'd cleric.
    Proud slacker of Einherjar
    Nasana - R40 Cleric
    Kee - R24 Fail Mage
    "We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms And No Eyebrows"

Handling groups of mobs isn't my problem, I have however been looking for a good place to do so. EI waves are only worthwhile exp if you tag them first and even soloing a camp the waves frequently "tire" resulting in significant downtime. The exp is 'ok' at best.

I've tried the elites in shimmersand but they're even worse, and I imagine the Stillmoor elites back by GSB/RoS entrance aren't much better? I know there's 3 places in EI where you can fight real elite mobs (the bugs out to the east, the dinosaurs down by EW, and the mobs inside the volcano) but none of them seem to be soloable or even duoable at a fast enough rate to be worth grinding.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    Works best with Soothsayer's + 2pc HK with Chloro synergy crystal. Depending on how you spec it, you should be easily above 8k HP.
    Ahh ok, that makes sense... I'm trying to do it in t2 dungeon gear and it's a little bit "on the edge" so to speak... Immensely satisfying when you go from 100 hp to full but I do feel like I need the extra buffer...I'll probably revisit this once I get of my *** and start to grind pvp but for now I think I'll stick with being slow and going chlorolock but not having to respawn so often.

Thanks for the info

I also use a chlorocaller and aoe mobs in ember isle when i'm sick of doing onslaughts. It yields good experience, not as fast as a warriors but still pretty good.

Here's a video of me aoe'ing. I have a sucky computer so graphics isnt that good, imma make a better one with someone else recording though.

Ember Isle Grind
    Last edited by Jean1; 03-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread