+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyrolock problem [PVE]

Telaran

Default Pyrolock problem [PVE]

I have been running this spec in most fights for my guild since 1.6. I just came back from a holiday and saw lots of my gear got upgraded. I had 1.6k sp with powerstone vial cake before gear buffs. Tonight I won relic staff from alsbeth and now I got 1980 sp with all these consumables and gear buffs. but the problem is I havent seen a significant increase in my dps even though I had a significant increase to my SP.

I wasnt really watching all my parses but I remember doing 2.2kish on 10mans before 1.7. Yesterday I went to a DH/GP to gear up some friends with my new fancy stuff and got really dissappointed with the dps I did. The most dps I did was on Uruluuk ( didnt let him go through his phases properly ) and that was 2.55k. I am not sure what I did wrong but I will check my dps again on HK and compare them with my old parses.

I also got a question. I got 3 hk pieces. Should I give defilemancer a try or stick to the pyrolock with the current updates? ( nerfs to the crystal )

You don't call a 12-14% damage increase significant?

Not easily pleased are you.
    Nope.

Champion of Telara

Pyrolock did get a small nerf as glyph of power was made additive instead of multiplicative. To compensate, it was based from a base of 5% t0 10%, but there was still an overall loss.

But yeah, what primal said, your numbers are suggesting that you did get a dps increase, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Pyrolock did get a small nerf as glyph of power was made additive instead of multiplicative. To compensate, it was based from a base of 5% t0 10%, but there was still an overall loss.

But yeah, what primal said, your numbers are suggesting that you did get a dps increase, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    I think he was surprised with the amount of dps increase. After a big upgrade like that you expect the dps to go up.
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Bippo View Post
    I also got a question. I got 3 hk pieces. Should I give defilemancer a try or stick to the pyrolock with the current updates? ( nerfs to the crystal )
    Defilemancer only with 4pc HK.
    The rest comes down to perfecting your play - you'd be surprised by how much perfect execution can push your DPS numbers. (Plus always keep slapping your Support to make sure de/buff uptime is perfect. :)

Shield of Telara

Seemed you gained around 350 DPS with a 380 SP boost. That is not far off from what would be expected.
    Rank 8, 11/11

+ Reply to Thread