+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bored of pyro

Default Bored of pyro

Grinding to rank 40 and getting bored of pyro/dom and 51 pyro. Any other interesting builds I can try until pyro is amusing?
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

i really enjoy, and suggest you try some sc combos. 51, 44, 34. sc/dom is a lot of fun imo. full on 51 dom is fun as well. i've been playin a lot with random PvP builds due to the AM soul change up, and am fairly surprised at how different some specs work out.

i use to be really active in PvP, but took a break when 51lock was OP. it just want's much fun to go in and just wreck 5v1 and not have to worry to be overly cautious. getting back into PvP these past weeks i have to say my greatest thrill is goin in with a build i'm just "curious" about and seeing how it fares. a lot of builds you would think may somewhat blow for warfronts have done really well. having a lot of fun with some pyro/lock combos, sc/dom still, even an sc/ele variant. tried sc/lock yesterday and it wasn't too bad either, and a lil more playtime and fine tuning of the build i think it may be valid. i dig pyro/dom, but everyone is runnin it so i tend to stay away. what i notice is people learn to make a hard counter for the fotm builds and any variation can really make things interesting. you can often times get one or two more KBs then normal when you catch people getting complacent.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

There's ton of viable not-so-pyro builds in pvp nowadays.
    Full dom and it's hybrids. Chlorodom. Slightly changed SC\ele. Slightly changed warcaller. Spyro. Full chloro and it's hybrids. Full SC. Full archon and it's hybrids.
    As I can recall, all of them have at least 3 variations for up to 4 on spyro and 5 on chlorodom. There more to uncover for sure.
    Bored of pure pyromancy? Try these above!

Also I stumbled upon changes with warlock, so it looks like 51 lock could be viable again. We shall see.
    Last edited by Skyfoxy; 02-08-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    There's ton of viable not-so-pyro builds in pvp nowadays.
    Full dom and it's hybrids. Chlorodom. Slightly changed SC\ele. Slightly changed warcaller. Spyro. Full chloro and it's hybrids. Full SC. Full archon and it's hybrids.
    As I can recall, all of them have at least 3 variations for up to 4 on spyro and 5 on chlorodom. There more to uncover for sure.
    Bored of pure pyromancy? Try these above!

Also I stumbled upon changes with warlock, so it looks like 51 lock could be viable again. We shall see.
    messing with a 51 archon/pyro/chloro build. The spores proc and give more int as well as a debuff procing burning purpose. Pretty fun so far. Would you guys grab flicker or work towards the instant cast bloom? leaning towards bloom at the moment.
    Last edited by Snoozey; 02-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.

I was messing with something like this when there were damn unkillable pets all around warfronts and it blows. Basically I was feeling like I was doing mass eradicate.
    As for flicker and stuff - it's really just personal preference, flicker is more for preemptive defence and offense(and second breakfree!), bloom on the other hand is rather useful to top yourself and will really help if you work with LoS. Int stuff from chlor is fine too.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    I was messing with something like this when there were damn unkillable pets all around warfronts and it blows. Basically I was feeling like I was doing mass eradicate.
    As for flicker and stuff - it's really just personal preference, flicker is more for preemptive defence and offense(and second breakfree!), bloom on the other hand is rather useful to top yourself and will really help if you work with LoS. Int stuff from chlor is fine too.
    Gonna keep fiddling with the build. It is something like 51/9/6 Archon/Chloro/pyro. 6 in pyro is for the glyph 9 in chloro for bloom and int buff. Archon because it is archon.

+ Reply to Thread