+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet Not Holding Aggro

Rift Disciple

Default Pet Not Holding Aggro

I've noticed my Greater Earth Elem Pet is not holding aggro as well when I solo the Chronicles. This is since 1.7. I know my elem/pyro that I use for pve is doing a bit more damage after the patch, but it doesn't seem that much more to cause my pet to lose aggro about 50% of the time. Have there been other changes that could cause this? I have to hold back on elites and deal damage in small bursts...time comsuming. Anyone else having a similar issue?

The only time I have a problem with the pet losing aggro is when I use Holy Champion.

I haven't noticed any difference, and he's my constant side kick for PvE. Mine is Ele/Chloro/Pyro. Very few points in Pyro though.

If you changed any points at all in 1.7, hit the trainer and just make sure everything is trained up. I imagine it is, but it's all I can think of.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Your pet uses a taunt to generate aggro initially and then must maintain aggro. I am not certain, but I'm inclined to say your pet's threat generation scales off endurance (which scales from your endurance).

Since your pet can't spam powerful threat generators like player tanks can, they rely on taunts, which in Rift have 3 components (h/t Ciderhelm):

1) A fixate mechanic that forces the target(s) to attack or at least target the person/pet using the taunt;
    2) A small amount of base threat
    3) A scaled threat generator that makes the taunter have the same threat as the highest threat target.

Because of this, you can out-threat a taunt if you are doing enough damage (breaking the 130% threat threshold).

You may need to hold off on using nuke casts if this is the case.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

+ Reply to Thread