Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 1.7 Cleric vs Chloro Raid Healing Balance

Banned

Default 1.7 Cleric vs Chloro Raid Healing Balance

As you mages are aware. Chloros currently posses far more raid utility than an -icar healer can.

Wild growth
    Radiant spores
    Silences
    Interrupts
    Reflects
    Natural Conversion can heal massive damage
    4 min brez
    DPS

Clerics get. A brez. Maybe Healer's covenant if they spec deep sentinel for it. And 5% damage reduction on aoe healing targets. Pretty poor right?

My suggestion for balance is to move Void Life to the 31 point ability while making Wild growth (The most OP dps increasing ability in-game) a 51 pt ability. To reflect their power.

Kervik really needs to address this issue. Void life is not 51 point worthy, nor should Wild Growth be available so low in a healing tree.

Any chloro can spec for large dps in warlock and only has to go 31 points into chloro for a 1 minute cooldown on a spell which increases raid dps massively? On top of additional heals?

You might say. But then you're nerfing the raid. Well then, lets just buff warriors or clerics by a huge amount so theres a clear imbalance for the sake of the raid. Right?

As it stands. Wild growth is too strong in general. Making it a 7% increase would be sufficient. I mean, come on, physical and magical damage is all increased. And you can chain it with other chloros to get 100% uptime.

Clerics get. A brez. Maybe Healer's covenant if they spec deep sentinel for it. And 5% damage reduction on aoe healing targets. Pretty poor right?
    Healer's Haste. Serendipity. ToL. AoE Cleanse. Breath.
    Walk in the Light.
    Get the hell out of here.
    Last edited by Skyfoxy; 02-08-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Ascendant

I wasn't aware that I had all that as a chloro... Silence? Nope. Interrupt? Nope. Reflect? Nope. And, um, don't icars dps while they heal, too?

Oh and most bosses are immune to wild growth, as far as I know. I usually time it with an AoE and get the 'immune' message, or I'm out of range anyway...

As far as I know, good cleric raid healers should beat mages on the parse every single time.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    Oh and most bosses are immune to wild growth, as far as I know. I usually time it with an AoE and get the 'immune' message, or I'm out of range anyway....
    Umm are you trolling? There are 3 parts to Wild Growth, snare, healing, and an AWESOME aoe DPS boost. The immune you are seeing is the snare.
    Last edited by AJ911; 02-08-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Default immune

The immune message you get is just the slow effect from Wild Growth ;) not that they are immune to the extra dmg effect it gives, and it also is good for keeping peoples health topped up. All in all an essential part of the chloro arsenal
    p.s the refect is called natural conversion keep it on tank at all times (read your spells guys ffs lol )
    Last edited by Muffhunter; 02-08-2012 at 09:35 AM.

lgw

* as many ST healers as you need
    * one 51 Chloro
    * fill all AOE burst needs with Inquisicars or Senticars, depending on encounter (IDK, maybe also Shamicar)
    * get competent Mages do DPS

AOE Chloros only if you're severely short on Clerics. Then use 38/28 WL/Chl.

All Utility you list there -- if it's needed / relevant at all -- can be taken care of by your Archon and if need to your main Chloro.

HF rocking HK

Edit: Oh I see, you're this weeks Cleric troll... Go on, go on, we don't have enough QQ from OP Clerics these days...
    Last edited by lgw; 02-08-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Shadowlander

I didn't know anyone played 30 lock anymore with chloro lol >.>. 30 pyro is muuuuch better...

Brought to you by the same bonehead that started the thread about how OP Radiant Spores is. I thought all the clerics were going to quit if it wasnt nerfed prior to 1.7. Why are you still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffhunter View Post
    The immune message you get is just the slow effect from Wild Growth ;) not that they are immune to the extra dmg effect it gives, and it also is good for keeping peoples health topped up. All in all an essential part of the chloro arsenal
    p.s the refect is called natural conversion keep it on tank at all times (read your spells guys ffs lol )
    Actually no, I doubt that's what he was talking about because last time I checked, I casted natural conversion on a tank while fighting uruluuk while he was casting fist of laethys and you know what happened? He still got one shot. A reflect would indicate that the tank takes no damage while the mob casting the damage take the full damage of said spell.

He's referring to everything in the dom tree. Thunder blast = interrupt, Reflective Command = Reflect, and Arresting Presence = Silence.

Any good chloro will carry a 51chloro,11dom spec with them for awesome utility.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 02-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    Healer's Haste. Serendipity. ToL. AoE Cleanse. Breath.
    Walk in the Light.
    Get the hell out of here.
    Healers haste and serendipity are both pointless. Why are you even quoting them. Our only viable heal is already instant cast. TTL makes our next heal instant cast: same deal. Useless for raid healing.

Our aoe cleanse is outmatched by an archons chain casted aoe cleanse. Breath = Bloom except ours doesn't crit nearly as much.

All your points are invalid. And Walk in the light? Well, would you like me to list all the chloro passives you get? Derp. Please contstruct your posts better and do some more research next time. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayakov View Post
    Actually no, I doubt that's what he was talking about because last time I checked, I casted natural conversion on a tank while fighting uruluuk while he was casting fist of laethys and you know what happened? He still got one shot. A reflect would indicate that the tank takes no damage while the mob casting the damage take the full damage of said spell.

He's referring to everything in the dom tree. Thunder blast = interrupt, Reflective Command = Reflect, and Arresting Presence = Silence.

Any good chloro will carry a 51chloro,11dom spec with them for awesome utility.
    Exactly. For a cheap 11 points you get far more utility than a cleric could ever spec for. It's for this reason many chloros are picked over clerics (including wild growth of course).

Mages always think they're balanced. It's just that they're better designed and as a result, are more overpowered than the archetypal healer....the cleric. You would think that because we have 3 souls, we should be OP healers, just like warriors are op tanks. not the case obviously.

Mages qq whenever someone brings them into line. Remember your defile spec? All of you mages thought it was balanced (nice idea of balance guys). Even when it was easily 600 dps more than the top dps spec.

Get real mages. You have been given everything. Great dps, aoe dps and better heals/raid utility. Look at the top guilds and count how many chloro healers vs cleric raid healers there are. You'll see that I'm right.

Too selfish to give healing to someone else. Clerics are last in everything and mages call balance.

Banned

Besides. all I ever suggested was to have void life and wild growth switch places. You'll still have your overpowered spells, they'll just be attained with the proper point distribution.

Amazing how angry all of you became even though you can keep your spells. LOL. Thats what I call spoilt.

Banned

An additional balance suggestion that I know would be beneficial would be to cap Chloro damage but still allow the healing to scale with spellpower. This would prevent them from bringing too much dps and utility and stay in line with cleric senticars.

The simple fact that I can solo heal ereandorn with warden but I bring no dps and so will be picked to heal after a chloro simply because they bring dps and wild growth is sad.

Shield of Telara

worst. community. ever.
    Rank 8, 11/11

Champion of Telara

I will agree with OP on

1. Radiant spores... but only 1 chloro can provide that.
    2. Wild growth

The rest are not big factors... nice to have but by no means essential.

This as opposed to a spammable AoE instant heal that actually saves the raid....
    Not to mention way more versatility in specs..... want DPS/heals - 51 inquisitor for kick *** dmg and all the DoL you want.

I know which one I'll pick.

As for your suggestion, I don't really see it providing or solving anything. To be honest, I hate chloro as it stands now. I really wish it could be changed up a bit to provide for reactive healing/defensive cooldowns etc rather than provide a slow steady (boring) stream of healing.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by hippyman View Post
    As you mages are aware. Chloros currently posses far more raid utility than an -icar healer can.

Wild growth
    Radiant spores
    Silences
    Interrupts
    Reflects
    Natural Conversion can heal massive damage
    4 min brez
    DPS
    As you Clerics are aware, Clerics currently possess far more Heal utility than a Chloro does.
    And as far as raid utility goes, lets compare:
    Silence: Clerics - Yes, Mages- Yes
    Interrupts: Clerics - Yes, Mages - Yes
    Reflects: Clerics - Yes, Mages - Yes
    "Natural Conversion can heal massive damage"… DOL can and does heal far more
    Brez: Cleric - Yes (50-100 Health and 50 Mana replenished) 5 min CD. Mage - Yes (30 Health and 30 Mana replenished) 5 min CD (4 min with additional points spent)
    Shields: Clerics - Yes, Mages - No
    AoE cleanse: Clerics (Curses, Diseases, Poisons), Mages( Curses only)

Our aoe cleanse is outmatched by an archons chain casted aoe cleanse.
    Seriously? Lets compare
    AoE Cleanse: Mage - only Curses, Cleric - everything (Curses, Diseases, Poisons)
    Cast time: Mage 2 seconds, Cleric - instant
    Mana: Mage 133 mana, Cleric 56 mana
    CD: Mage 0, Cleric 10 seconds.

But I agree, let's make them even
    Remove the cleanse from Archon and give Chloro an AOE cleanse that matches the Cleric AOE cleanse.

I also agree with Clerics that Mages should be having the same mana problems that Clerics do. So give Chloro an instant cast, low cost AOE heal with no CD like Clerics have so Mages can then also complain about running out of mana when spamming it.

My suggestion for balance is to move Void Life to the 31 point ability while making Wild growth (The most OP dps increasing ability in-game) a 51 pt ability. To reflect their power.
    Ok, then my suggestion for balance then is to move DOL (the most OP heal ingame) to a 51 point ability.

And speaking of Justicar, how about giving Archons a BRez with 5 min CD that replenishes 100 health and 50 mana like Justicars have for better balance. I mean if it makes sense for a Tank soul to have one then I see no reason why an Archon shouldn't.

Kervik really needs to address this issue. Void life is not 51 point worthy, nor should Wild Growth be available so low in a healing tree.
    Nor should the best BRez and best heal in the game be in a Tank Soul. Nor DOL so low in a Tank tree.

Too selfish to give healing to someone else. Clerics are last in everything and mages call balance
    ROFL, so Clerics want Tanking and DPS to be balanced but should remain the best healers…. and you call that balance.
    Last edited by Nightreaver; 02-09-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast