+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which trinket is better - Ocean's wrath or

Default Which trinket is better - Ocean's wrath or

Hey guys, just a quick question. Which one of these is better? I mainly play 36 pyro 30 lock.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E3C0C261...cean%27s-Wrath
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/F387BA59...cusing-Crystal
    Talandros - Mage of Twilight @ Brutmutter - ID (5/8)

wasnt ocean wrath the one with crap proc? royal focusing crystal is way better with its uptime

yea but i thought they buffed trinkets.. so i am not sure about it anymore

well, royal focusing trinket uptime is very very high, i doubt the dmg proc is worth it.
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 02-08-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    yea but i thought they buffed trinkets.. so i am not sure about it anymore

Over a 5 minute parse is 38.28 it did 5000 total damage.

It's trash.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

thought so. i guess till you got amop you should be using focusing trinket i suppose. that makes me think about other combo - as a chloro will amop proc frequently enough to have constant 3 stacks so i dont use hylas trinket? its uptime is almost 100% with veils. got both, but got amop just recently so dunno yet. im sure ill use it for pyrolock.
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 02-08-2012 at 05:14 AM.

ok thanks guys, i ll wait for the ingwar darktide trinket then, until i exchange the royal focusing crystal.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Over a 5 minute parse is 38.28 it did 5000 total damage.

It's trash.
    I tried both after 1.7, results cut&pasted from my guilds board:

Run 1 (with Focusing Crystal) 4:25:
    Crystalline Missiles 164 hits, 50.6% crit, 990 min, 1850 max, 1423 average, 233509 total damage
    Total: 233509 - 881 DPS

Run 2 (with Ocean's Wrath) 4:38:
    Ocean's Wrath 26 hits, 0.0% crit, 450 min, 496 max, 471 average, 12255 total damage
    Crystalline Missiles 172 hits, 51.7% crit, 989 min, 1792 max, 1406 average, 241894 total damage
    Total: 254920 - 916 DPS

I only did one run and only casted one spell, so sample size is too small and its not a "real" parse. Still, I found the results encouraging. Haven't found time to compare further, so if you verified it with several runs, I'll take your word for it.

lgw

Your results show 44 DPS for Ocean's.
    That's still below the rule of thumb for 1 SP = 1 DPS (usually more), so RFC still wins out straight.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Your results show 44 DPS for Ocean's.
    That's still below the rule of thumb for 1 SP = 1 DPS (usually more), so RFC still wins out straight.
    But RCF doesn't have 100% uptime, so that equation doesn't hold. You're probably still right that RCF is overall better...I did one short parse with RFC after doing several with OW, and did slightly better, but again that might be due to sample size.

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by Sarim View Post
    But RCF doesn't have 100% uptime, so that equation doesn't hold. You're probably still right that RCF is overall better...I did one short parse with RFC after doing several with OW, and did slightly better, but again that might be due to sample size.
    By your calcuation RCF needed an uptime of worse than 60% for OW to beat it - in reality it's rather 80-90%.
    And comparing parses by spamming CM is pointless, cause the SP scaling is crap. Minimum is using Bard & Archon on the dummy, better actual raid performance.

Telaran

Can't find any more recent threads on this, but I'm having rotten luck with the GsB trinket. I currently have alsbeths trinket and was wondering if this one was better/worse than the one from is it IT? Bonelord's Luck or whatever the other SP one was. I've been trying to find some information on trinkets for a while and can't seem to find any, either way is Alsbeth's trinket any good/best avilable pre Hylas trinket pew Darktide.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitas View Post
    Can't find any more recent threads on this, but I'm having rotten luck with the GsB trinket. I currently have alsbeths trinket and was wondering if this one was better/worse than the one from is it IT? Bonelord's Luck or whatever the other SP one was. I've been trying to find some information on trinkets for a while and can't seem to find any, either way is Alsbeth's trinket any good/best avilable pre Hylas trinket pew Darktide.
    The Alsbeth trinket is slightly better than Bonelord's Luck, assuming you use it every two minutes when the cd is up.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Walker

Anyone know how good the Cold Heart is for mages these days? Too random? I've seen other mages with it get 90dps from it and seen them get 15dps from it. My gut says not worth switching from RFC but maybe someone's parsed more.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    Anyone know how good the Cold Heart is for mages these days? Too random? I've seen other mages with it get 90dps from it and seen them get 15dps from it. My gut says not worth switching from RFC but maybe someone's parsed more.
    I think it's still kind of hit or miss. If you build up stacks, it can add decent DPS, but I've found that damage procs are underwhelming in Rift.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast