+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30/30/6 Chloro/Lock/Pyro

Default 30/30/6 Chloro/Lock/Pyro

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...R.xx0V0VVx.x0z

The spec should theoretically yield higher AoE heals or so I am told, but I am skeptical. I am going to try this spec out to see how it works in a raid environment but simply put it uses the 10% damage bonus from Glyphs of Power to yield bigger nukes.

The only thing you really lose out on which is important is Essence Surge and Living Energy. So obviously you would only want to run this during an encounter in which bard boots are not needed.

Only macro I can think of would be this, but it would probably be best to put Vile Spores on a separate button for fights in which you want to control the burst of Ruin.

#show Ruin
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Dark Touch

I did not come up with this spec but was told by a guild-mate that it owns the normal Chloro/Lock. Try it out and let me know what you all think. I will post again when I get a chance to test it some.
    HorseMonkey
    Level 50 Mage
    (Mage Lead for Guild Vendetta - Deepwood - 5/8 ID)
    My Archon Guide

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

This build provides 30 percent (20 from having Fire Armor active and ONLY Fire Armor and 10 from GoP) more damage output (as opposed to 20 percent from 36/30 chlorolock), which means more LGV heals.

It would probably work in raid if you are always running Fervor (or if you like hearing rabid rogue and warrior voices yell in your ear for an energy buff when the bard is running Competence for whatever reason).

I don't know why you wouldn't just manage Nature's Fury and Ruin separately and just keep Dark Touch in the macro for movement. One downside of this build is that you can't cast Ruin or any Opportunity procs on movement with this spec or you lose the 10 percent damage buff from GoP.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    This build provides 30 percent (20 from having Fire Armor active and ONLY Fire Armor and 10 from GoP) more damage output (as opposed to 20 percent from 36/30 chlorolock), which means more LGV heals.

It would probably work in raid if you are always running Fervor (or if you like hearing rabid rogue and warrior voices yell in your ear for an energy buff when the bard is running Competence for whatever reason).

I don't know why you wouldn't just manage Nature's Fury and Ruin separately and just keep Dark Touch in the macro for movement. One downside of this build is that you can't cast Ruin or any Opportunity procs on movement with this spec or you lose the 10 percent damage buff from GoP.
    I am failing to see why Fire Armor would do anything in this spec since it has no fire damage. Maybe I am missing something but I would expect Warlock Armor to be the one best to use.

I agree the movement restriction for GoP is limiting and that is a good reason why I probably would not run this on a movement intensive fight (which also probably requires bard boots thus needing Living Energy).
    HorseMonkey
    Level 50 Mage
    My Archon Guide

Champion of Telara

This spec is using a bugged mechanic. Fire armor is getting 20% bonus from warlock armor instead of the standard 10%. It will be fixed eventually. You do get 10% from glyph, and you do get the ST non-interrupt (which is a big deal if you ask me). The only loss is living energy.... your raid should have a 51 chloro anyway, so he should have it up.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

5/5 Improved Mage Armor: "Your Mage Armor buffs increase the damage you deal by 10 percent, in addition to their normal effects."

Presently, Fire Armor actually provides a 20 percent buff to damage in addition to 5 percent boosted fire damage, which for this build is irrelevant.

The zero pushback for ST spells is nice in some situations, but I really don't like losing 10 percent of my damage when moving and I really don't like taking 5 percent more damage on such fights (though increased damage taken is not necessarily a huge deal).

As for losing Living Energy...some fights you'll have a bard for competence and another chloro for LE...some fights you won't. Hence why I think it is situationally useful if you have a raid comp that allows for using it without gimping 19 other players.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

i guess thats another gimmick spec like defilechloro for some support aoe healing. raid composition and encounter will decide of its usefullness. i rather keep 32 points in chloro for energy and corrosion in any chloro spec i use.and i always put 2/2 in soul tether for 4mins brez
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 02-08-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    This spec is using a bugged mechanic. Fire armor is getting 20% bonus from warlock armor instead of the standard 10%. It will be fixed eventually. You do get 10% from glyph, and you do get the ST non-interrupt (which is a big deal if you ask me). The only loss is living energy.... your raid should have a 51 chloro anyway, so he should have it up.
    This is not true. I tested it and Fire Armor and Warlock armor give the same damage bonus to Vile Spores and Ruin. Go test it for yourself. Since this spec uses life damage it makes no difference using Warlock or Fire Armor.

If you hover over the Fire Armor buff you will see that it states that fire damage is increased by 15%. This means that it is getting that 15% + the 10% on Improved Mage Armor taking it up to 25% for fire damage but it is still 10% on other types of damage.

Trust me this spec is not using a bugged mechanic. It simply gets it's extra damage from Glyphs of Power however the loss of Living Energy is huge and not sure if this would be viable too often.
    Last edited by HorseMonkey; 02-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    HorseMonkey
    Level 50 Mage
    My Archon Guide

+ Reply to Thread