+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gos?

Ascendant

Default Gos?

How come no pyro ever uses ground of strength? I came across one mage so far who saw me coming and he went into gos. He was way tougher to kill than the average pyro and he was hitting like a truck. If he had heatwave up i probably would have died.

Plane Touched

I'm not sure the FOTM PvP spec nowadays, but GoS is 44pts in Pyro so I'm assuming only 51 pyros will have it.

But most importantly people dont use GoS BECAUSE MAGES PEWPEW HARD!
    Last edited by Coel; 02-07-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Because everyone is Pyro/Dom.

I use GoS quite a bit, but there's always so much purging going on that it's not always effective.

lgw

When / if I still use 51 Pyro, it's a nice ability for certain situations.
    * Against CC heavy enemies.
    * Before Heatwave to avoid getting CCed.
    * If I have healer backup and need to stand against an enemy wave.
    * When guarding a point.
    As I always have Archon in 51 Pyro, SV makes for a decent purge buffer.

As default it's bad as it costs you massive damage and makes you immobile.

Yeah, it's more of a crappy stationary defense ability. I use it as a last resort in my 51 pyro build. All other cds blown? I'll try and turtle up by dropping this and hope a healer can dig me out of my hole.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

GoS is most strong against warriors, particularly RB warriors that are going to try to cc for a flicker, and cc after the flicker. GoS takes away their damage shelter CC's, and even at lower burst than without it, it is consistent enough damage and enough DR to win the race vs warriors.

If the class has heals as damage shelter, GoS fails, if the race for burst to win is close normally, GoS could go either way. The is places for GoS, like throw one down at codex to retreat to, but you cant use glyphs while GoS is down I dont believe, so the trade off is big even using it as a strong hold, but attacking from outside of it.

It is an oft over looked skill but I can see "doing it right" as never including it as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    GoS is most strong against warriors, particularly RB warriors that are going to try to cc for a flicker, and cc after the flicker. GoS takes away their damage shelter CC's, and even at lower burst than without it, it is consistent enough damage and enough DR to win the race vs warriors.

If the class has heals as damage shelter, GoS fails, if the race for burst to win is close normally, GoS could go either way. The is places for GoS, like throw one down at codex to retreat to, but you cant use glyphs while GoS is down I dont believe, so the trade off is big even using it as a strong hold, but attacking from outside of it.

It is an oft over looked skill but I can see "doing it right" as never including it as well
    i have also been able to use gos against warriors with success

edit - you can recast glyphs iwhile its on the ground fyi
    Last edited by jayt; 02-07-2012 at 11:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread