Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: To Anyone That Thinks Mages Aren't Viable 1.7

Why would you ever use imageshack...?

I feel violated.

Shadowlander

my apologies i didn't know it was wrong

Plane Touched

Dying -14- times in a Scion for a measly 30 kills is not what I would call viable.

Eh. Xxlayers stats are much more impressive.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41045&dateline=129849  3510
    www.FriendlyFireGaming.net - Home of the Saga clan. Established in 2003

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post
    Dying -14- times in a Scion for a measly 30 kills is not what I would call viable.
    right because killing 2 guys for every 1 time you die is not viable at all. what was i thinking.

Plane Touched

Wow, we can sit back and cherry pick kills when our team is dominating a scrub pug? Who woulda thunk it! These pics aren't really impressive when you look at the rest of the team and the opponents stats. Clearly they are from matches where your team was just dominating.

It would be far more impressive if you showed these stats when the other team wasn't behind with 2-3 times less kills than yours.

Sure we can do some nice dmg if we are left alone but thats not the problem. The problem is real matches where we are being pressured and no long have the dmg or tools to keep people off us.
    Last edited by Ezariel; 02-10-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post
    Sure we can do some nice dmg if we are left alone but thats not the problem. The problem is real matches where we are being pressured and no long have the dmg or tools to keep people off us.

I have tons of screen-shots of those kind of situations! Wait... they are all from 1.6 or earlier patches.

What happened?

Telaran

I thought this could be a useful thread then saw it was about pvp.

Rift Master

OK... I gonna answer to this as good as i can to make you understand.
    First of all Pic on how u do in warfronts in KB and numbers proves nothing really, a mage is only as good as the people in his team.

2:nd i have personally identified whats the mages biggest problem is currently in PvP atm, and It's not that our DMG is crappy or that we don't get any kills.

It's that Mages are suppose to dps from range this is how the spellcaster should work but..., Now i found myself many times not beeing able to rely on my CC to keep mostly Rogues away from me so i can get some breathing room and dps them, the MM they have 5m longer range then me, at RS combos CC is impossible, theyre right in your face while u casting 2 sec spells they interupt and totally destroy you, at assassin the apply their bleeds, slip away and watch you die. If you killing low ranks, bad players or have a premade team with you then you will do pretty good on you mage, if not then u will get totally destroyed on ur mage.
    When i play my main Rogue Mages have allways been the first victim ive target in warfronts beacouse they are so easy to take down, when mage are dead u move on finish off the other players around him.

For example the chloro healer suffer from not having any good CCbreakers wich is needed beacouse u get chain stunned and silenced by other players all the time, and also suffer from low survivability along with crappy healing utility. If the survivability on our healing soul is crappy, then you go figure about the other ones.

The Mage Main Problem in PvP is: Too long Cast times on spells, Survivability, Not having permanent 1gcd, Not beeing able to rely on our CC beacouse the other classes have so much CC counters, no running skills except in SC wich consumes charge and scks. Our Ability to CC and do AoE are totally broken atm. For example our purge in the domi tree suucks so bad it's ridicilious but ive acually tried to use it sometimes, last time was recently 10min ago in codex to purge split of a rank 40 mage and remove fellblades from a rogue. Wanna know what happened, they were IMMUNE to my freaking PURGE. lol

And let's face it, nobody cast the squirell to "keep" you out of battle, the mage use squirell for the cast time buff wich he needs beacouse of the to long cast time of his spells. I would acully want to be able to rely on my CCabilities and that they would mean something more then just a spellspeedbuff wich should had been there as a passive from the beginning.

A Mage are NOT any CLOSE as viable as a Rogue in PvP right now, and still we are squishy as hell. 90% of my fights in warfronts are not from range, those are from right in your face distance and behind ur back, go figure..... Somethings not right here...

BTW: Stop pretend your a pro, that only means you have no life. (thats not a good thing).
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 02-10-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    OK... I gonna answer to this as good as i can to make you understand.
    First of all Pic on how u do in warfronts in KB and numbers proves nothing really, a mage is only as good as the people in his team.

2:nd i have personally identified whats the mages biggest problem is currently in PvP atm, and It's not that our DMG is crappy or that we don't get any kills.

It's that Mages are suppose to dps from range this is how the spellcaster should work but..., Now i found myself many times not beeing able to rely on my CC to keep mostly Rogues away from me so i can get some breathing room and dps them, the MM they have 5m longer range then me, at RS combos CC is impossible, theyre right in your face while u casting 2 sec spells they interupt and totally destroy you, at assassin the apply their bleeds, slip away and watch you die. If you killing low ranks, bad players or have a premade team with you then you will do pretty good on you mage, if not then u will get totally destroyed on ur mage.
    When i play my main Rogue Mages have allways been the first victim ive target in warfronts beacouse they are so easy to take down, when mage are dead u move on finish off the other players around him.

For example the chloro healer suffer from not having any good CCbreakers wich is needed beacouse u get chain stunned and silenced by other players all the time, and also suffer from low survivability along with crappy healing utility. If the survivability on our healing soul is crappy, then you go figure about the other ones.

The Mage Main Problem in PvP is: Too long Cast times on spells, Survivability, Not having permanent 1gcd, Not beeing able to rely on our CC beacouse the other classes have so much CC counters, no running skills except in SC wich consumes charge and scks. Our Ability to CC and do AoE are totally broken atm. For example our purge in the domi tree suucks so bad it's ridicilious but ive acually tried to use it sometimes, last time was recently 10min ago in codex to purge split of a rank 40 mage and remove fellblades from a rogue. Wanna know what happened, they were IMMUNE to my freaking PURGE. lol

And let's face it, nobody cast the squirell to "keep" you out of battle, the mage use squirell for the cast time buff wich he needs beacouse of the to long cast time of his spells. I would acully want to be able to rely on my CCabilities and that they would mean something more then just a spellspeedbuff wich should had been there as a passive from the beginning.

A Mage are NOT any CLOSE as viable as a Rogue in PvP right now, and still we are squishy as hell. 90% of my fights in warfronts are not from range, those are from right in your face distance and behind ur back, go figure..... Somethings not right here...

BTW: Stop pretend your a pro, that only means you have no life. (thats not a good thing).
    I thought you quit.

So I rolled a mage this week, I can't wait to get him to 50 and really see what all this QQ is about.

Some of the things you bring up seem like they might have legs, but some are just what it is to be a mage in any game. They are supposed to be squishy and rogues are supposed to be the counter for them.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    I thought you quit.

So I rolled a mage this week, I can't wait to get him to 50 and really see what all this QQ is about.

Some of the things you bring up seem like they might have legs, but some are just what it is to be a mage in any game. They are supposed to be squishy and rogues are supposed to be the counter for them.
    You thought Right ive unsubbed already but have little playtime left.
    When you get to 50 at your mage and start PvPing you wont notice how far behind we are until ur rank 32+ and measure urself to equal geared classes and simular, still hole ur grind to maxrank will be a pain. (but same for all people, but i suffered alot more on my mage then ive ever done on my rogue doing this).
    I demand that if iam going to run around as squishy as iam then ALL MY CC abilities allways should work 100% of the time, and i should be able to rely on them. If not, then i want same survivability as a warrior beacouse if iam not able to keep them at range. as i said 90% of all my battles with for example rogue i do from right in your face distance with too long casttimes on spells while standing still beeing an even easier target with no chanse in hell to kite them iam fighting everything on my mage in melerange there is no such thing as range mages anymore.

As i see it there are only 2 things that has happen, Either the Rogues are SuperOverbuffed or Mages CC, utility and survivability are Superbroken.
    Iam Descent PvP player, my main is Rogue wich ive been playing since beta, the only ones that claim Mages are "fine" are nolifers and trolls that trying to sound pro and have no lifes. Iam looking at the Mage Calling in both a Mage and Rogue perspective, i cant recall many other do the same.

Right before hole my guild left, the last thing Pziko (Chronic Insanity) said was.. Rogues are so OP atm, he was lolling as hell beacouse he realized how OP they were while he was running around in his p8 rogue MM build killing everything. This occured in 1.5, you go figure how things are now.
    Last edited by Swiftspell; 02-10-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    You thought Right ive unsubbed already but have little playtime left.
    When you get to 50 at your mage and start PvPing you wont notice how far behind we are until ur rank 32+ and measure urself to equal geared classes and simular, still hole ur grind to maxrank will be a pain. (but same for all people, but i suffered alot more on my mage then ive ever done on my rogue doing this).
    I demand that if iam going to run around as squishy as iam then ALL MY CC abilities allways should work 100% of the time, and i should be able to rely on them. If not, then i want same survivability as a warrior beacouse if iam not able to keep them at range. as i said 90% of all my battles with for example rogue i do from right in your face distance with too long casttimes on spells while standing still beeing an even easier target with no chanse in hell to kite them iam fighting everything on my mage in melerange there is no such thing as range mages anymore.

As i see it there are only 2 things that has happen, Either the Rogues are SuperOverbuffed or Mages CC, utility and survivability are Superbroken.
    Iam Descent PvP player, my main is Rogue wich ive been playing since beta, the only ones that claim Mages are "fine" are nolifers and trolls that trying to sound pro and have no lifes. Iam looking at the Mage Calling in both a Mage and Rogue perspective, i cant recall many other do the same.

Right before hole my guild left, the last thing Pziko (Chronic Insanity) said was.. Rogues are so OP atm, he was lolling as hell beacouse he realized how OP they were while he was running around in his p8 rogue MM build killing everything. This occured in 1.5, you go figure how things are now.
    You know you don't have to quit if you don't want to . I only mention it because it's unusual for someone to decide they don't want to do something anymore but hang around and still be so involved. I think you should calm it down a bit and just hang out for a bit longer. What could it hurt?

If it really is causing suffering though, don't do anything to hurt yourself. We don't always treat each other very well on these forums and we are all a bunch of attention whoring drama queens, but when it comes down to it we all really care about the game. I'd be your friend in game if that would make it any more enjoyable for you.

Rift Master

You know you don't have to quit if you don't want to . I only mention it because it's unusual for someone to decide they don't want to do something anymore but hang around and still be so involved. I think you should calm it down a bit and just hang out for a bit longer. What could it hurt?

If it really is causing suffering though, don't do anything to hurt yourself. We don't always treat each other very well on these forums and we are all a bunch of attention whoring drama queens, but when it comes down to it we all really care about the game. I'd be your friend in game if that would make it any more enjoyable for you.
    I know that but i can't really feel i enjoy PvP as a mage in Rift atm (and Mage is the only calling left fun to play so, My Rogues is just soso Booring and easymode to play...), i have like 26days left on my sub so thats long time enough to stay around and see if any news come up on nerfing rogues or fixing mages but i doubt it willl beacouse kervik haven't cared about us in a long time (if he had then he wouldn't had let them buff rogues so much without taking a look at us and see how were doing), Acually i think Kervik watching Bleeds PvP videos where he killing lowies and noobs 24/7 and convince himself that mages are in a perfectly good place.

I care alot of this game, i care about it so much iam still around still even if hole my PvP guild left for swtor and never came back. I been having so much faith in this game, and also hoped 1.7 would bring some new improved PvP content. But well...

<3

I thought you quit.

That is built around the assumption that: mage > warrior > rogue > mage (and clerics fit in there somehow too)

That simply is not the case in this game (though I wish it were). In Rift, cleric >>>>> rogue > mage,warrior

Right now, rogues just crush mages, can beat down the majority (if not all) warrior specs, and can even run fairly even with clerics (depending on build/spec).

The only way I'd be happy with rogues crushing mages the way they do is if warriors crush them just as badly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast