+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For those Mages that aren't feeling viable in 51Lock.

Rift Master

Default For those Mages that aren't feeling viable in 51Lock.

Sure we all notice that 51 Lock aren't the strongest spec out there, and that dots hit a little to low, but that doesnt mean we can't benefit from it.

I don't know if anyone else made this spec before or have tried it, but i can recommend My PyroWarMentalist Spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Akqqek.V0c.x0M

As ur Finisher you use Lightning strike + Empowered Darkness.

Ur Lighting strike will have a total of 120% more dmg on hit with this build (something like that), making it able for you to once feel like a mage again when you run in your 51 Warlock Build.

It's all about adapting people...

Kisses and Hugs/ Swiftspell

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftspell View Post
    Sure we all notice that 51 Lock aren't the strongest spec out there, and that dots hit a little to low, but that doesnt mean we can't benefit from it.

I don't know if anyone else made this spec before or have tried it, but i can recommend My PyroWarMentalist Spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...Akqqek.V0c.x0M

As ur Finisher you use Lightning strike + Empowered Darkness.

Ur Lighting strike will have a total of 120% more dmg on hit with this build (something like that), making it able for you to once feel like a mage again when you run in your 51 Warlock Build.

It's all about adapting people...

Kisses and Hugs/ Swiftspell
    I may be misunderstanding to whom this post is directed at, but I think the main reason people are mad about the warlock soul is the dot damage. There is virtually no Dot build out there that can be effective in PvP. This build seems to be directed at actual damage instead of DoT. It does look fun though...
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

Shield of Telara

Vex hits hard.
    Rank 8, 11/11

Snoozey means Mages don't have a viable DOT class. Whoever works on Inquisitor needs to be put on Warlock and Necromancer.

At this point I'm regretting not rolling a Cleric, but there's no way I'm rerolling over finding another game.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    Snoozey means Mages don't have a viable DOT class. Whoever works on Inquisitor needs to be put on Warlock and Necromancer.

At this point I'm regretting not rolling a Cleric, but there's no way I'm rerolling over finding another game.

Thanks for clarifying it. I assumed it was implied since we were talking about mages in a mage discussion forum.
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozey View Post
    I may be misunderstanding to whom this post is directed at, but I think the main reason people are mad about the warlock soul is the dot damage. There is virtually no Dot build out there that can be effective in PvP. This build seems to be directed at actual damage instead of DoT. It does look fun though...
    This is correct. Here's the description of a warlock (emphasis is mine)

Consummate practitioners of the dark arts, Warlocks embrace the grim forces of entropy and death. Protected within a cloak of shadows, they lurk on the edges of the conflict, as their deadly energies inevitably consume all that stand in their way.

Strengths
    Warlocks specialize in destructive curses that eat away at an opponent’s body and soul. A Warlock is capable of rapidly spreading their blight across the battlefield, or focusing all of their entropic power to eradicate a single target in mere moments.

Weaknesses
    Warlocks can cast their lethal curses with but a word, but like death itself, they are slow and inexorable. This gives enemies a small window of opportunity to overcome them with a rapid and brutal assault.

Right now the window of opportunity is so big you can push Ember Isle through it.

Iui
    Soulwalker

It probably won't work for when I get higher than rank 20 in pvp rofl, but I use defilemancer in pvp, leave 4 hk gears on for the crystal bonus, and use the rest of my gear as pvp gear for the valor. Hide + dots + nuke with inferno.

Want to go back to my 51 lock though, looks good

+ Reply to Thread