Closed Thread

Thread: Need help with Pyromentalist

Soulwalker

Default Need help with Pyromentalist

Hi! I am new to Rift and am feeling somewhat lost. I started a mage as Necro/Warlock/Chloro and leveled to 13 but decided to change to something else for role playing reasons. I bought a new role and picked the new Pyromentalist Calling Purpose, spending my points as directed. Searching the web for info on Pyro/Elem builds/rotations about all I could find is "spam Fireball macro". Do you really ignore all of the other abilities like Exposure, Searing Vitality and Pillaging Stone?

What's the best way to open the fight?

What do you do when your pet loses aggro or dies? Is there any way to heal your pet?

Any and all advice for a young leveling Pyro is appreciated!

The pyro/ele spec is an outdated DPS spec. Why they even put it up there over pyro/lock I am not sure.

But there have a been a lot of changes to the pyro tree, so looking up old rotations may not be a good idea. Before you had to keep the fireballs going to help keep up combust procs. But now Flame bolt can do that as well.

I have not really messed around with pyro/ele since the patch. But I would imagine something like this.

Main macro:

#show Flame bolt
    cast Flame bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Fireball

Also keep Fireball by itself on your hot bar as well.

Cast Pillaging Stone until at 5 stacks for stat buff then only cast it to refresh buff.

With the reduce GCD it may be worth it to add an Icy Carapace in there and explode it with Elemental Forces. Not sure about that.

Spam main macro. If using Pyromancer's armor then Cinder Burst on proc, but Fire Armor may be better. Not sure for that spec. in 1.7.

For the burst, use Heatwave and Intensify Elements, and a full charge bar of Internalize Charge at the same time then spam nothing but Fireball during burst.

AoE would prob. be:

Flame bolt for the 10% damage boost, toggle Internalize Charge, Burning Ground, Fire Storm, then toggle off Internalize Charge while your mage is still channeling Fire Storm.

A pyro/lock would be a better spec if you are looking for DPS.

Here is a guide, by Bluedot for pyro/lock: http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-g...de/#pyrolock16
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-06-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Guardian <Allegiance> www.allegiance-rift.com/
    Aristophanes Mage

"To go to the world below, having a soul which is like a vessel full of injustice, is the last and worst of all the evils." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Haemysh View Post
    Hi! I am new to Rift and am feeling somewhat lost. I started a mage as Necro/Warlock/Chloro and leveled to 13 but decided to change to something else for role playing reasons. I bought a new role and picked the new Pyromentalist Calling Purpose, spending my points as directed. Searching the web for info on Pyro/Elem builds/rotations about all I could find is "spam Fireball macro". Do you really ignore all of the other abilities like Exposure, Searing Vitality and Pillaging Stone?

What's the best way to open the fight?

What do you do when your pet loses aggro or dies? Is there any way to heal your pet?

Any and all advice for a young leveling Pyro is appreciated!
    "What do you do when your pet loses aggro or dies? Is there any way to heal your pet?"

At level 16 you get a pet heal, if your pet is losing aggro just wait longer before you engage. But as a pyro, you best tactic maybe be to just burn them before they burn you. Pyro is about DPS not really survivabliy.

You might want to try the necro/lock spec, I think they call it Gravelord, for solo leveling. Pyro/ele would prob. be more suited as a dps for the LFG system. If you have not used that yet, then just hit K on you keyboard, select preferred role and enter que.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-06-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Guardian <Allegiance> www.allegiance-rift.com/
    Aristophanes Mage

"To go to the world below, having a soul which is like a vessel full of injustice, is the last and worst of all the evils." - Plato

Closed Thread