+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigh... I need advice, my fellow mages. (need Pyro help)

Default Sigh... I need advice, my fellow mages. (need Pyro help)

I been a loyal Trion customer since launch. The ONLY classes I ever played was a Necro/Lock mage and I absolutely loved it. I always said, no matter what, I'll stick with it. I remember around 1.2 most mages were switching to Pyros but I stuck through. I even stuck around after the Soul Purge nerf..

...but I can take only so much. I respecced 51/15 Pyro/Lock and it's ALL new to me. If someone could give me their rotation/macros/any tips at all, it would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tommy

P.S. Let me specify, this is for a PvP focus.
    Last edited by Ragana; 02-05-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41045&dateline=129849  3510
    www.FriendlyFireGaming.net - Home of the Saga clan. Established in 2003

Personally I went
    51/7/8 pyro/archon/elem

Pros:
    1) archon shield = nice (1200 hp or so)
    2) archon buffs (both act as purge soakers)
    - searing vitality = extra fire dot to proc cinder burst
    - pillaging stone = can't hurt to have extra int/wis for sp/crit
    3) couple points into archon mana regen on crits is more than enough to keep me going for a LONG time (so long as i don't let GoP get purge off me)
    3) 5% crit elem
    4) dmg mit elem
    5) ignite dot - something else to throw out there doing fire dmg while moving
    6) the two fire dots can proc instant flame bolts (bonus!)

VS 15 lock
    1) buff to health of 10%? (the archon shield can help make up for this)
    2) opp procs (these are nice...but not entirely critical)
    3) buff to charge gain (helps for ramping up fulm/withering flames/IC)
    4) sac life: mana

One thing I've gotten in the habit of doing for 51 pyro is avoiding using heatwave to kill. Yes, I said AVOIDING. Heatwave for a 51 pyro is incredibly AWESOME for escaping. Think about it...rift trap is bleh at best...but: archon shield x2, disarm x2, flicker x2, burning bonds x2, aoe stun x2, aoe snare x2. My survivability has literally skyrocketed since I've gotten into the habit of saving heatwave for escaping tight situations. Warrior jumps you? Bond, disarm, flicker, heatwave, repeat, light him up at range. You SHOULD be able to stay outside his 20m range if you do this right. Warrior tears taste SO good.
    Rogues are a different matter. Disarm works great on MM. Melee...it's gonna be hit/miss based on how many closers they have. Anything that can poke you though, disarm is your best friend.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Forgot rotations and stuff.

Standing still and got time to cast:
    aoe snare
    flamebolt
    countdown
    fireballs
    save cinder burst proc for release right after a fireball when countdown is about to expire (this results in a massive amount of burst)

On the fly, running for your life (dps)
    flame bolt
    countdown
    searing vit
    ignite
    Use your "defensive" abilities appropriately here. Melee hate being snared, they have plenty of abilities to warp out them if you stay within 20m. Sometimes double tapping flicker is better than flicker, bonds, heatwave + flicker again. Why? Spark gives you 1s gcd, warriors have 1.5s. Heatwave doesnt trigger gcd. With good timing, it's possible to flicker twice before a warrior can hit his closer again. Now you're at 30m and "in control." Root him for 8s and you get the picture. Rogues, different story. These guys are just damn near impossible to keep in one place in some builds. It's hit or miss against them, but disarm tends to help buy some time.

Last but not least, GoS. Do NOT underestimate the power of this spell. Yes, it nerfs your dmg but it can buy a healer time to get you up again. Good dps don't like beating on tanks so if you drop into "tank" mode via this ground effect, and a healer tops you off, dps might peel off you. If they do, reposition, pop GoP, and proceed to find your healer cuz chances are that dps on you are looking for him now.

Hope this helps a little.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

+ Reply to Thread