+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Criticize this attempt of a support build

Default Criticize this attempt of a support build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k0z.ARcoRfbokM

I made this build at 3 am thinking it'd be a good support build that's also able to deal damage, please tell me your opinions and why it's good/bad. Thanks in advance

Telaran

What's this support for PvE or PVP? Soloing, 5 mans, 10 mans? Maybe you could explain a bit more what you'd be doing with this spec... rotations ect...

You're missing force of nature so the pet isn't going to be doing much damage. You also aren't high enough in elemental to take tempest (+30% crit damage) or intensify elements. I think elementalist is wasted. The extra 2 points in archon for flaring power is probably worth it.

I think pyro/archon would be a better hybrid support class. I would suggest either 34 pyro/32 archon or if you really wanted to make elementalist work 34 ele/32 archon.

Quote Originally Posted by blakeary View Post
    What's this support for PvE or PVP? Soloing, 5 mans, 10 mans? Maybe you could explain a bit more what you'd be doing with this spec... rotations ect...

You're missing force of nature so the pet isn't going to be doing much damage. You also aren't high enough in elemental to take tempest (+30% crit damage) or intensify elements. I think elementalist is wasted. The extra 2 points in archon for flaring power is probably worth it.

I think pyro/archon would be a better hybrid support class. I would suggest either 34 pyro/32 archon or if you really wanted to make elementalist work 34 ele/32 archon.
    I'm aiming mostly for pve, as for pvp I either play a pure pyro or a pure chloro. 5 mans mostly as I'm not Lv. 50 yet. This is basically just a big sketch of a build I'd like to try out and these are some of the points I like in it:
    - Archon Auras and their benefits
    - Archon self buffs
    - Elementalist pet for soloing and doing a bit more damage
    - Elementalist damage
    - Warlock's oppurtunist to raise dps
    - Warlock's Charge booster

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzern View Post
    I'm aiming mostly for pve, as for pvp I either play a pure pyro or a pure chloro. 5 mans mostly as I'm not Lv. 50 yet. This is basically just a big sketch of a build I'd like to try out and these are some of the points I like in it:
    - Archon Auras and their benefits
    - Archon self buffs
    - Elementalist pet for soloing and doing a bit more damage
    - Elementalist damage
    - Warlock's oppurtunist to raise dps
    - Warlock's Charge booster

There are better support builds (like 51 Archon), and there are better solo builds (Necro/Lock, Ele/Chloro, etc), and there isn't a situation that can benefit from combining them.
    The build isn't bad, the game just doesn't present the problem that this build would solve.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    There are better support builds (like 51 Archon), and there are better solo builds (Necro/Lock, Ele/Chloro, etc), and there isn't a situation that can benefit from combining them.
    The build isn't bad, the game just doesn't present the problem that this build would solve.
    Well, how about support with extra dps? or Solo with archon buffs? isn't that beneficial? Also, beyond 28pt archon is there any more supporting skills?

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzern View Post
    Well, how about support with extra dps? or Solo with archon buffs? isn't that beneficial? Also, beyond 28pt archon is there any more supporting skills?
    I honestly haven't tested the DPS of a Archon/Ele but I'd be willing to bet a 51Archon/15Pyro would pull better.
    Beyond 28 points the main thing is Burning Purpose (51 points). You also have Flaring Power, though a number of classes provide the same thing, and Surging Flare.

Also keep in mind that Archon Self Buffs and Group Buffs are mutually exclusive. If you are providing a group buff then it is debuffing you. The self buffs are to counter act the self debuffs. A 51 Archon with all group buffs up must maintain the self buffs just to break even.
    The exception is Rock Slide's Intelligence buff.
    Last edited by bluedot; 02-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread