+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Soul sky

Thread: Advice from Positive Mages?

Shadowlander

Default Advice from Positive Mages?

Ok so, I know every update brings big changes and I've been trying to follow them to the best of my Please-Don't-Turn-Gaming-into-Math-Class ability. However, I'm having a hard time wading through the, "We got nerfed and we're totally useless now and I'm rage quitting and taking my money."

While that may be true, I'm keeping my sub where it is. However, I'd like to be a little closer to effective and a little farther away from speed bump. So!

*Is my 51 Chloro/rest in Archon spec still ok? (I know adding in lock is popular, but I was finding that the Op procs and such weren't really that useful for me)

*What reasonably useful dps specs/advice for the still-gearing mage are there? (Do any of them involve Ele or SC still? I had just started using them and it was way too much fun.)

*Is there anything I can do in PvP to be useful before my face melts off? (Rank 5/21. I have been running the basic chlorolock survivability build because this is my first game to PvP in, but had been looking into moving to chlorodom.)

Thanks and cookies for the help. ^_^

1.that chloro build is ok though i would use a 51/10/5 lock/ele for the sac life mana (if you have 4pc HK then i would go 51/15/0 pyro/archon)

2. 36/30 pyro/lock is ideal for just about everything its also a very easy to use spec and rotation i recommend using the bluedots.org 36/30 has all the info needed there and for future builds once your gear increases.

3. i run a 35/31 pyro/dom build in pvp and for me its pretty **** face, top damage and generally most KBs i would say that is pretty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedRhapsody View Post
    [COLOR="palegreen"][FONT="Times New Roman"]
    *Is my 51 Chloro/rest in Archon spec still ok? (I know adding in lock is popular, but I was finding that the Op procs and such weren't really that useful for me)
    51Chloro 15Archon is perhaps the best Dungeon running spec as you can boost your teams DPS with Illuminate, Crumbling Resistance and Ashen Defence. For raiding you may want to spec into 11 Dom for Arresting presence, or into Pyro for Flicker to help with Raid mechanics (i.e. it's a must for helping to dodge waves on Akylios).

*What reasonably useful dps specs/advice for the still-gearing mage are there? (Do any of them involve Ele or SC still? I had just started using them and it was way too much fun.)
    By still-gearing what do you mean? If we're talking abysmal spellpower (like 500-800), 51Elementalist 15Stormcaller should serve you the best. But generally you're best with 36Pyro 30Warlock up until you get Hammerknell 4set bonus synergy crystal. However for stronger AoE, 35Stormcaller 30Pyromancer is more effective.
    Look at Bluedots Endgame Mage PvE guide in the guides section for more info - though you should ignore his ''rotation'' for the Pyrolock spec and think more in terms of a priority order for your spells.

*Is there anything I can do in PvP to be useful before my face melts off? (Rank 5/21. I have been running the basic chlorolock survivability build because this is my first game to PvP in, but had been looking into moving to chlorodom.)
    Chlorolock is a mediocre ''selfish'' spec. It's especially bad given the recent valor changes to gimp your life healing even more. Try out 35Dominator 31Chloromancer. It's best if you spend the talent points yourself and learn from trial if you want to be any good at the spec, so I won't just paste a link to it. Note: The amount of keybinds needed is very high.

You can also be very useful (albeit very squishy) as a 51Dominator. Mass betrayal and Traitorous influence and you effectively remove an entire teams mana if they don't cleanse.

As for DPS at the moment, check out my 51Pyro 15Archon post on the front page.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread