+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GentleHell

Thread: I feel completely USELESS in pvp now :(

Default I feel completely USELESS in pvp now :(

Cloth really is cloth now .. I die so fast its insane. I have p8 (still calling it that ..) gear, now with 1200 something valor, still die so fast its sad.

I dont know if its just me suddenly sucking, or what, but i cant kill anything unless it stands still and takes it for 20 seconds. I cant stay alive as cloth feels naked atm.

Its just not fun at all right now.

I dont mind loosing, dont get me wrong, but right now - ESPECIALLY with my prefered 51chloro 15lock i really cant heal for ****, as im targeted i die. End of story. I wanna heal in warfronts.

I tried some different dps specs, cant seem to pull any dps at all atm. Again, dont know if i suddenly just turned hillariously bad, but can nearly kill anything unless it just stands there and drools.

This is NOT a "RRAGE I QUIT" thingy. In PvE I still feel as it has always been. But I hope for the love of God im not alon about this, and theres seriously something wrong with our class, and not me. If this is a case if "Its you." (me), then i will just have to learn to play again, or stop pvp at all, since right now - its just terrible for me.

Cheers for reading.
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

Unfortunately with the new buffs to valor in 1.7 51 chloro took a serious hit in performance. Worse, chloro (assuming you tossed 5 pts into archmage) lost detaunt resulting in further survivability loss. Chloro heals are being "looked into" but we're not supposed to expect a fix any time soon. (I'm thinking this means maybe 1.8 if we're lucky, maybe as far as 1.9)

Best bet for 51 chloros is to set up a hybrid build.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Stop using cheese chloro in pvp then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    As opposed to our other healing options?

you can't really go in as 51 chloro and expect to do nice dps. that's not the point. if you want to go into a warfront to heal, then go in and heal. you can't have your cake and eat it too. be ready to be focus targeted down though, but that's just part of the game. stick in the back and get those heals out as you can. move around, keep em guessing, use your cooldowns, call for aid, use LoS, etc.

if you want to dps then dps. rig up a decent dps PvP build and go melt faces, but don't go in with 51chlor/15lock and expect to get some decent KBs.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

I use 51 chloro in WF and have noticed my healing #s increased since 1.7

Also I don't really die a lot unless I'm getting focused (clerics tend to get focused 1st). I'm R26 as well.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Only if you stop running and jumping around.

Berk.
    Last edited by GentleHell; 02-04-2012 at 04:23 PM.

I use pyro/chloro and dom/chloro in pvp and I've not really noticed a difference. (I never used Detaunt in these builds though). I still do a reasonable amount of healing, am great support, and in pyro spec can even help out with dps.

I do think full chloro needs some work, but I believe Kervik posted something the other day about how he's trying to come up with a way to make us not hurt so bad due to valor changes. Until then though, try out some hybrid chloro specs - they can be a lot of fun.
    Adarel, 60 mage
    <Fires of Heaven>
    Deepwood

Telaran

Chloro has been bad in PvP long before this patch but it is worse. People see decent numbers damage/heals on the charts and think they're doing good. Those aren't focused heals your just topping people off and doing marginal DPS (probably a bit of AoE with Nature's Fury). You're not helping your team as much as you think as a chloro, you're just constantly healing multiple people for small amounts giving you decent numbers.

I think 51 dominator has benefited a little from this patch. The extra survivability between valor increase and PA's has made it easier to use my utility, build charge and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    you can't really go in as 51 chloro and expect to do nice dps. that's not the point. if you want to go into a warfront to heal, then go in and heal. you can't have your cake and eat it too. be ready to be focus targeted down though, but that's just part of the game. stick in the back and get those heals out as you can. move around, keep em guessing, use your cooldowns, call for aid, use LoS, etc.

if you want to dps then dps. rig up a decent dps PvP build and go melt faces, but don't go in with 51chlor/15lock and expect to get some decent KBs.
    Did you even read my post ?
    And you doooo know that i need to dps to heal, right ?

Iwant to heal as chloromancer in pvp, and its always been fairly viable, altho not even near a cleric, but fun. And tried some dps builds to see if i could contribute in that way.
    sigh ..
    Last edited by KalToreth; 02-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

They posted the day 1.7 hit that they are aware of the impact the patch had on Chloro healing and have some ideas on how to address it but it won't be immediate.

We are in a better state now than we were last week however. I actually broke out my old 51CH build a few times this weekend and while I don't have the healing power I used to have, I also live a little longer so don't really mind. I've been playing around with some of the extra points I gained from losing the PVP soul and have to say I'm still having fun (and I am always always always a healer in WFs, I have never spec'd as nor thought of myself as, DPS in any way).

You shouldn't be dying faster than you were before though- 1.7 is going to require you to switch things up a bit in terms of how you play.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrai View Post
    They posted the day 1.7 hit that they are aware of the impact the patch had on Chloro healing and have some ideas on how to address it but it won't be immediate.

We are in a better state now than we were last week however. I actually broke out my old 51CH build a few times this weekend and while I don't have the healing power I used to have, I also live a little longer so don't really mind. I've been playing around with some of the extra points I gained from losing the PVP soul and have to say I'm still having fun (and I am always always always a healer in WFs, I have never spec'd as nor thought of myself as, DPS in any way).

You shouldn't be dying faster than you were before though- 1.7 is going to require you to switch things up a bit in terms of how you play.
    Ive actually managed to have quite some fun today, with a 51archon, 10ele 5pyro build. Generally, just spamming aoe dispell (cures friendlies, dispell enemy buff) and with burning purpose, debuffing = a bit of dmg. I will always be low on dmg, but its an INSANE support soul, atleast now that i actually am learning to stay more behind, as oposite with my (still prefered but useless as of now, 51chloro spec) i had to stay up front and throw leaves at ppl to heal.

Anyhu, hoping for some "fix" to the chloro problem, as right now, clerics are really the only viable pvp healers.
    Last edited by KalToreth; 02-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    Did you even read my post ?
    And you doooo know that i need to dps to heal, right ?

Iwant to heal as chloromancer in pvp, and its always been fairly viable, altho not even near a cleric, but fun. And tried some dps builds to see if i could contribute in that way.
    sigh ..
    yeah, i read it and responded.

Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    -Cloth really is cloth now .. I die so fast its insane. I have p8 (still calling it that ..) gear, now with 1200 something valor, still die so fast its sad.
    -I dont know if its just me suddenly sucking, or what, but i cant kill anything unless it stands still and takes it for 20 seconds. I cant stay alive as cloth feels naked atm.
    -I dont mind loosing, dont get me wrong, but right now - ESPECIALLY with my prefered 51chloro 15lock i really cant heal for ****, as im targeted i die. End of story. I wanna heal in warfronts.
    -I tried some different dps specs, cant seem to pull any dps at all atm. Again, dont know if i suddenly just turned hillariously bad, but can nearly kill anything unless it just stands there and drools.
    i responded to your comment on chloro damage. 51 is not meant to do solid dps. i don't ever remember 51 chloro being amazing in a warfont compared to other chloro options.
    i also responded to your comment on being targeted and dying so fast. not sure if you're casting it, but if i see someone ever casting void life, then they're an easy target and a free KB. i have used some PvE specs that some would consider garbage in PvP, but can get top KBs, and do solid damage. i'm not even rank 40 (rank 25 with 0pts in the PvP PA) and don't think gear is the issue. you stated that you're starting to hang out in the back a bit now and that's a good improvement.

if you want to heal i'd suggest you try chloro/dom, but i tend to lean on cleric healing while chloro is in the state it is. some will say chloro/dom isn't amazing right now, but it's should be doing close to 51chloro and will add more to the raid. i've talked with people running as a chloro/archon and loving it for PvP as well, but never played it myself. 51dom is fun if you're lookin for a support class. for dps try some sc builds, some pyro builds, make sure you have break free up on your bar, time your abilities to get kills.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

+ Reply to Thread