+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top Guild Mage DPS

Rift Disciple

Default Top Guild Mage DPS

Are mages top DPS in some of the top end guilds?

In our guild 10/11 HK and P4 Aky our mages are below warriors and rogues (the good warriors and rogues anyway). We aren't suck mages, can do defilelock as well as pyrolock depending on the fight. I parse at 2100 on dummies over a 7 min parse (with pot+cake 1902 SP 1060 SC).

I am told our mages should be the top 3 DPS, as they are in the top guilds.

Gotta say not sure what we're doing wrong. First off I am keen to hear not numbers, as I've seen epeen and parses and all sorts of stuff which is useful to a point, but it's all contextual. But keen for some confirmation, are mages the top dps in the top end guilds?

Prophet of Telara

Your dummy parse sucks, but Akylios isn't a good measuring stick because it depends entirely on your role. Obviously your dps is gonna kinda suck if you're stuck doing stingers all fight, meanwhile it'll be through the roof (comparatively) if you get to run SC and do nothing but aoe adds in p2 and aoe off jorn in p4.

But even on full time stinger duty, if you're well under 2k for the whole fight you're probably not very good.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    But even on full time stinger duty, if you're well under 2k for the whole fight you're probably not very good.
    All depends how many you put on stinger duty. If you only assign 2-3 mages, they are running around a great deal. Also depends how you do P1/P2 because that is 1/3 of the fight and DPS can suffer a lot depending on what you do with the mages there as well.

Mages for us are consistently at the top in most encounters. With another mage buff I'm sure ours will finally break 5k on Sicaron. On Akylios it depends on what role you give them.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-04-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Disciple

I'm talking single target here, not AoE, not even specific fights like Aky. Just general DPS of mages v's other classes comparatively. A fight like Sic is a good example as it's not biased towards any specific class. Our mages are usually 2nd or 3rd on parse but not beating other classes by a trucktonne or anything like that

you said you've tried out various builds, have you tried out 51pyro 10 lock 5 archon? and i've been playing with a 32 ele 34 pyro build but that's not looking too promising

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rania View Post
    I'm talking single target here, not AoE, not even specific fights like Aky. Just general DPS of mages v's other classes comparatively. A fight like Sic is a good example as it's not biased towards any specific class. Our mages are usually 2nd or 3rd on parse but not beating other classes by a trucktonne or anything like that
    1.7 has been out 3 days, and the mage/warrior fix in yesterday. Parse sample size = 1, and the majority of parses dating before the fix. You're not going to get a definitive answer on this yet.

But if you weren't topping the meters on most fights in 1.6, you were doing it wrong.

Our rogues are at 4.6k Sicaron, mages at 4.2-3k warriors are at 4k~ and clerics are a little behind them.

Mages rogue mostly every ranged encounter though.

And Akylios is a terrible encounter for mages.

P.S: 2.1k on Dummy is not very good for a mage with a 4pc.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 02-04-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

lgw

Your dummy parse sucks, but Akylios isn't a good measuring stick because it depends entirely on your role. Obviously your dps is gonna kinda suck if you're stuck doing stingers all fight, meanwhile it'll be through the roof (comparatively) if you get to run SC and do nothing but aoe adds in p2 and aoe off jorn in p4.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Our rogues are at 4.6k Sicaron, mages at 4.2-3k warriors are at 4k~ and clerics are a little behind them.

Mages rogue mostly every ranged encounter though.

And Akylios is a terrible encounter for mages.

P.S: 2.1k on Dummy is not very good for a mage with a 4pc.
    1) Even for Stinger duty use SC/Pyro.
    2) ... then you still can make something between 2.5-3k (usually at 2.7-2.8k in mostly HK, some armor but no weapon relic).

Although it's cheese mode for Wars with WotN, Aky is a great encounter for us.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    1) Even for Stinger duty use SC/Pyro.
    No thanks.

lgw

No thanks.
    Nice reasoning, try again.

Why SC/Pyro is good for Stingers ?
    1) Mobile
    2) No reliance on DOTs = good for low HP adds

You can also do some nice AOEing in between, if you're quick.

You're welcome.

Rift Disciple

300 ping may have something to do with the parses, we're aussie and sit at about 200-300. More testing shows up to 2.2-2.3k on dummy with a few tweaks to spec/gear.

Have very little gear to get pre Aky - a few minor upgrade items that add up to a total of 20DPS among them. So theory is it could only be rotation/spec. Although I am running primarily some bluedots specs for testing. Pyrolock is what is parsing on dummy at 2.2-2.3k over 7 mins and is the general spec I run depending on fight/role I am needed in.

Using Darkling Skull to boost the raid DPS at request of leadership - so this may also account for a small portion of lost DPS? (with Flametalon)

Approx expected parse numbers for a 4 piece fairly well geared (pre Aky) mage on a dummy over about 7 mins? I know these will be wildy different depending on who you ask, but I'd like to know what numbers I should be hitting on the dummy on average (my parses are without a bard/archon buffing me). Not after the "omg one day when I had a hax I hit 6k !" I'd like some realistic numbers, even for pre 1.7 as I know what I was hitting then.

Appreciate your time, just trying to pump more dps out

I haven't parsed since 1.7 but just prior I was getting 2.3k with only 1720sp 920sc at 310ms. If you were only hitting 2.1 with 200sp and 100sc more in 36/30 then you were doing something wrong. Using rfc.
    Nope.

First off mages generally Single target DPS on akylios since the nerf bats no need for stormcaller when warriors can handle the adds(hence they will be top score DPS on aky + cleaving through all phases), second there is a ton of target switching on that fight, target switching = lower combust stacks = lower dps specially if you're on the stingers. It's just part of the game but if you put multiple mages on stingers you can track performance through ACT and see who is failing anyway. If you're DPS hungry and want to AOE off the bat even with pyro, switch your targets well and never stop dpsing hard you can beat a lot of people tho. there's only so much you can base off meters in a mechanic heavy fight, always remember that. I didn't read many of the replies so if people posted this already go ahead and troll! just my opinion others do it differently.
    Last edited by Proudfeet; 02-05-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Rift Disciple

This post is NOT about Aky ! My mention of Aky was actually in regards to us being a P4 Aky guild... That's all.
    I was actually asking about mage dps in general, I just missed a comma :P
    Last edited by Rania; 02-05-2012 at 03:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast