+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Mage DPS is ****ty, thanks trion.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default Mage DPS is ****ty, thanks trion.

    I'd just like to say thank you to Trion for screwing mages over in PvE and PvP. PvP we lost avg 35% dmg to any build that relied on 15 AM. So that's, stormcaller, 38 Pyro, 51 pyro, 51Lock, 44 Lock, 44 Necro, 51 Chloro, 38 Chloro. Pretty much any DD spec. Since the dissapearance of Overload and Planar Attunement and getting replaced with? - Rift Tomb and Rune Shield? Really? 1 skill out of the whole archmage soul i would NEVER use.. Thanks.

    PvE DPS - So today a rogue melted my dps with half my gear? and had less chance to die? fair enough if it wasn't a melee friendly fight... but fights like beruhast, ereandorn, sicaron, zilas, matron, vladmal prime, grug, Greenscale, Prince hylas, Foci, Warmaster, Johlen, and all bosses in T2's. Even T2RR except Fire Endboss. Warlock = Useless for Raiding. Warlock Synergy Crystal = Useless for anything. Pyrolock does less damage than it did before. Tested myself. So fix warrior dps but leave mages to archon and chloro? We ran more chloros than we did cleric heals because clerics do more dps than mages with lower gear. I don't usually post sh*t on the forums but this is complete rubbish. my cleric that hasn't even done hk has similliar focus and as much spell power as my mage doing 200 dps less? lol! /reroll.

  2. #2
    Fik
    Fik is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naitsirche View Post
    I'd just like to say thank you to Trion for screwing mages over in PvE and PvP. PvP we lost avg 35% dmg to any build that relied on 15 AM. So that's, stormcaller, 38 Pyro, 51 pyro, 51Lock, 44 Lock, 44 Necro, 51 Chloro, 38 Chloro. Pretty much any DD spec. Since the dissapearance of Overload and Planar Attunement and getting replaced with? - Rift Tomb and Rune Shield? Really? 1 skill out of the whole archmage soul i would NEVER use.. Thanks.

    PvE DPS - So today a rogue melted my dps with half my gear? and had less chance to die? fair enough if it wasn't a melee friendly fight... but fights like beruhast, ereandorn, sicaron, zilas, matron, vladmal prime, grug, Greenscale, Prince hylas, Foci, Warmaster, Johlen, and all bosses in T2's. Even T2RR except Fire Endboss. Warlock = Useless for Raiding. Warlock Synergy Crystal = Useless for anything. Pyrolock does less damage than it did before. Tested myself. So fix warrior dps but leave mages to archon and chloro? We ran more chloros than we did cleric heals because clerics do more dps than mages with lower gear. I don't usually post sh*t on the forums but this is complete rubbish. my cleric that hasn't even done hk has similliar focus and as much spell power as my mage doing 200 dps less? lol! /reroll.
    Threres nothing you can do. We're always going to get bent over by this company; it's ongiong. I regret ever playing this game as a mage. It's been frustrating from day 1.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    The 1k Fireballs and 1.5k Cinderbursts, followed by 500x 3 from Split Personality followed, by instants for 700-1k, followed by flicker, followed by instant sheeping x 3 times, followed by disarm. (And thats with 58% Valor reduction before the change on live, from PTS 3 days ago)

    (Obviously HK gear and PA involved in the above but there are a few mages doing that around)

    Need to go on?

    I know most people dont enjoy Pyro/Dom, but its so broken, just most of you cant play it.

    I know Mages lost some damage, but acting like its the end of the world..same as half warriors "didnt see an increase from hotfix 1" but other half did.

    Yes, mages got affected by the multiplicative-->To additive fixes also, your Dev will fix that, and already did with Pyro.

    Less QQ more adapting.
    Last edited by potis; 02-03-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    355

    Default

    it is like that. nothing you can do with it. Buffing Cycle -> Warrior -> Rogue -> Mage ->Cleric -> repeat. This is part of gaming industry tactic just to keep people playing.

    Oh, i got buff, i continue to play. awwww, i got nerf, nevermind, i wait to get buff in future... continue to pay subscription and wait. Get it? It happened to all MMO. Just wait for your turn to get buff in the future.

  5. #5
    Champion Cime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The 1k Fireballs and 1.5k Cinderbursts, followed by 500x 3 from Split Personality followed, by instants for 700-1k, followed by flicker, followed by instant sheeping x 3 times, followed by disarm. (And thats with 58% Valor reduction before the change on live, from PTS 3 days ago)

    (Obviously HK gear and PA involved in the above but there are a few mages doing that around)

    Need to go on?

    I know most people dont enjoy Pyro/Dom, but its so broken, just most of you cant play it.

    I know Mages lost some damage, but acting like its the end of the world..same as half warriors "didnt see an increase from hotfix 1" but other half did.

    Yes, mages got affected by the multiplicative-->To additive fixes also, your Dev will fix that, and already did with Pyro.

    Less QQ more adapting.
    Can't squirrel x 3. Diminishing returns
    Can't follow up the x 3 squirrels with disarm. Diminishing returns
    If you're getting nuked by all those abilities. You need to use a PVP build.
    Warrior - maybe learn that VK soul a little?
    Rogue - still don't know how to slip away from splits to wait them out or a little eradicate to remove em?
    Cleric - healing is hard now with the mitigation?

    If you can't CC/purge splits, by all means, be an idiot and charge in. There are plenty of people that are capable of handling pyro/doms. Whining about them now just identifies you as someone who doesn't know how to counter them at all.

    *hint* fan out spam won't kill a pyro/dom 1v1
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Can't squirrel x 3. Diminishing returns
    Can't follow up the x 3 squirrels with disarm. Diminishing returns
    If you're getting nuked by all those abilities. You need to use a PVP build.
    Warrior - maybe learn that VK soul a little?
    Rogue - still don't know how to slip away from splits to wait them out or a little eradicate to remove em?
    Cleric - healing is hard now with the mitigation?

    If you can't CC/purge splits, by all means, be an idiot and charge in. There are plenty of people that are capable of handling pyro/doms. Whining about them now just identifies you as someone who doesn't know how to counter them at all.

    *hint* fan out spam won't kill a pyro/dom 1v1
    I always Eradicate splits, and i always interrupt the first fireball from the Heat Wave, you all do the same stuff, just a different name. (I run away after cause Eradicate usually removed some useless buff instead of Splits..Retreat-->On the Double helps!)

    My point is..Stop acting like its the end of the world.

    LOST SOME DPS, BECAUSE THEY ARE FIXING THE GAME BY REMOVING MULTIPLICATIVE ABILITIES AND MAKING THEM ADDITIVE, TO STOP BUGS/OPNESS ETC for the future.

    Your Warlock crystal was stupidly overpowered.

    My most geared/PA farmed mage does 2.550k after the patch without anything, that means with stone he is at 2.7k, same as the 2hand Warriors in 1.7, Bloodstalkers are a bit ahead, but i expect with all the tears from next weeks parsing, it will get nerfed.

    As i said before, less QQ more adapting, Mages are very much alive.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I always Eradicate splits, and i always interrupt the first fireball from the Heat Wave, you all do the same stuff, just a different name. (I run away after cause Eradicate usually removed some useless buff instead of Splits..Retreat-->On the Double helps!)

    My point is..Stop acting like its the end of the world.

    LOST SOME DPS, BECAUSE THEY ARE FIXING THE GAME BY REMOVING MULTIPLICATIVE ABILITIES AND MAKING THEM ADDITIVE, TO STOP BUGS/OPNESS ETC for the future.

    Your Warlock crystal was stupidly overpowered.

    My most geared/PA farmed mage does 2.550k after the patch without anything, that means with stone he is at 2.7k, same as the 2hand Warriors in 1.7, Bloodstalkers are a bit ahead, but i expect with all the tears from next weeks parsing, it will get nerfed.

    As i said before, less QQ more adapting, Mages are very much alive.
    you're in the wrong area buddy. clearly know nothing about mages and their dps. warlock crystal stupidly overpowered????? LMAO it was useable on 2/3 fights at most. i just specced some point sinto GoP (glyphs of power) says increases the effects of GoP by 5% well... no it doesn't. parsed exactly the same. I like how you're completely oblivious to champion synergy crystal. it's not op it's balanced in pvp and pve. hurp da durp.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naitsirche View Post
    you're in the wrong area buddy. clearly know nothing about mages and their dps. warlock crystal stupidly overpowered????? LMAO it was useable on 2/3 fights at most. i just specced some point sinto GoP (glyphs of power) says increases the effects of GoP by 5% well... no it doesn't. parsed exactly the same. I like how you're completely oblivious to champion synergy crystal. it's not op it's balanced in pvp and pve. hurp da durp.
    Yes, because we Rogues dont know how specs are on bosses..ye.

    Lets see..top spec, usable only on Murdantix/Sicaron for e-peen has 0 AoE, if we blink on the only important fight in the game, aka Akylios, we fall off, from the insane crying about teleporting behind, a new ability was added to the class for that whole reason.

    Yeah, we rogues dont know anything about fights and specs!

    Warlock crystal was OP and it was either getting Pyromancer nerfed down to other specs, or nerfing the crystal, what would you want?

    In all seriousness, what Mage class needs is:

    Spark=Removed

    1 second global on mages by default.

    Fix the specs around 2.7k DPS after.
    Last edited by potis; 02-03-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yes, because we Rogues dont know how specs are on bosses..ye.

    Lets see..top spec, usable only on Murdantix/Sicaron for e-peen has 0 AoE, if we blink on the only important fight in the game, aka Akylios, we fall off, from the insane crying about teleporting behind, a new ability was added to the class for that whole reason.

    Yeah, we rogues dont know anything about fights and specs!

    Warlock crystal was OP and it was either getting Pyromancer nerfed down to other specs, or nerfing the crystal, what would you want?

    In all seriousness, what Mage class needs is:

    Spark=Removed

    1 second global on mages by default.

    Fix the specs around 2.7k DPS after.
    have you tried nightblade ;)?

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Berzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Mages are great in both PvE and PvP. every class has their weaknesses.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naitsirche View Post
    have you tried nightblade ;)?
    How did it go from PvE to PvP? I thought mages were useless at everything?

    My point proven.

    Mages got hit by the multiplicative to additive changes as everyone else.

    Warlock crystal was stupid and OP, your dev asked you for feedback to make the crystal better.

    You are still parsing same as Warriors, Kraken Spine Warriors, parses the same as Staff of the Tsunami, no stones, both at 2.550, with stones around 2.7k.

    Your argument is invalid.

    Bleeds, the mage, find him and he can teach you how to play, i met him on the PTS a few times,i can tell he knows the class as a PvPer better than most on the forums, those are the numbers i got hit for from him on PTS during the test with OLD VALOR, meaning your damage is even higher now.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts