+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Necromancer PvP

Default Necromancer PvP

Since I have resubbed I have fell in love with the nec soul. I love it for PvE (rifts/solo), and I want to make it work in PvP. Any ideas? I usually mix it with lock. Trying out

lock/nec/dom (10% int) Is there anything better? Or any ideas? Have not played since barely anyone was in greenscale.
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

Sadly necromancer just doesn't work in pvp. We require too much ramp up time, getting DC stacks, looming demise, necrosis, essence link etc all on someone before we can even be effective and start attempting to deal damage. In that many global cooldowns a rogue, warrior, or pyro has already killed you =( Not to mention pets just get cleaved and aoe'd to death in the pile if you send them in. I commend you for trying but its a really losing proposition at the moment unless you are with a good team of friends and can hang back behind the lines and harass healers with last gasp/essence link/mage pet oblivion interrupts and such. Necros simply have no escape or defense options at all in pvp. One short stun on a 30s cooldown and thats it.
    Last edited by Relair; 02-03-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    Sadly necromancer just doesn't work in pvp. We require too much ramp up time, getting DC stacks, looming demise, necrosis, essence link etc all on someone before we can even be effective and start attempting to deal damage. In that many global cooldowns a rogue, warrior, or pyro has already killed you =( Not to mention pets just get cleaved and aoe'd to death in the pile if you send them in. I commend you for trying but its a really losing proposition at the moment unless you are with a good team of friends and can hang back behind the lines and harass healers with last gasp/essence link/mage pet oblivion interrupts and such. Necros simply have no escape or defense options at all in pvp. One short stun on a 30s cooldown and thats it.
    Even with warlock? You can get choke, 80% reduction, giant heal, another stun.

Something like this. made it in a hurry. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qqso.xxcbVto0s
    I Switched dom our for archon. Little more endurance for less damage it seems.
    Last edited by Snoozey; 02-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.

If you put that much into warlock there isnt much point in necro. Without fully buffed pets you might as well go 50warlock 16 necro just to have soul purge and consumption. That actually works pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    If you put that much into warlock there isnt much point in necro. Without fully buffed pets you might as well go 50warlock 16 necro just to have soul purge and consumption. That actually works pretty good.
    50 Lock/16 Necro /0 Archon ...you'll have a TON of dots, dot up and spam your now super buffed Void Bolts, unless they've got healers, they melt. Warlock buffs Soul Purge dmg too a LOT (waaaay more than in a 51 Necro build btw, Neddra's Infuence, put 3 pnts in it!!!) so if you can also dot up and use Soul Purge while under attack to turn the tide in your favor.

It's a pretty fun build and tbh the only viable one for either Necro or Lock I've tried out. Good HP pool when Searing Vitality buff is up and good defense with Neddra's Essence and Shadow Life + Mass Fear.

Shield of Telara

51 warlock, 11 archon, 4 necro for maximum number of DoTs. You won't really have any time for void bolt though
    Rank 8, 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    51 warlock, 11 archon, 4 necro for maximum number of DoTs. You won't really have any time for void bolt though
    ElusiveJones, this build is very enjoyable in my opinion. Thanks for posting it.

I prefer 51 Warlock / 9 Necromancer / 6 Archon. I don't like the cooldown on Leeching Flames, and having yet another DOT is too much too handle as far as GCDs go.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Plane Touched

I dont get the above self-love.

If you are DoT obsessed you -need- 25pyro for the GCD and Inferno finisher.

If you do not have that you are just spamming.

PVPing without Mass Fear is really boring.

Making 51 Warlock have a one-second GCD on DOTs would be so nice.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Telaran

Right now necro and lock post 1.7 don't work in pvp as main souls, sorry but no.

At least you can do a 25ish lock as an off tree with pyro and be effective, other then that no sale.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHell View Post

If you are DoT obsessed you -need- 25pyro for the GCD and Inferno finisher.

Actually, the inferno finisher isn't a must have.
    Also, the GCD isn't as big a factor as you think.... although DoT's are instant cast, the dmg is over time, and if you work it out, knowing how to space your casts is good enough... the GCD reduction in itself is not such a big DPS increase. It does however make it easier to refresh all your DoT's if you let them all run out.

So, no, you do not NEED 25 pyro for those reasons... however, combust and searing vit/leaching flames with burning bright do make for some pretty nice DoT's especially since neddra's influence affect them.

To the OP, I've been playing around with 51 necro.... it is not the best spec around, but it is viable. The instant proc plague bolts on pet crit make the build a lot more versatile and the 2 min cooldown is awesome.... but its once every 2 mins. The stun and 44 pt'er are nice but by no means exciting. Consumption is good, but they seriously need to buff greater consumption to remove an additional buff per point invested. And your heal is actually decent for saving a partner... no where near a pocket healer, but because it is based of endurance, it is not terrible in full PvP gear. The remaining 15 points in lock make for more/stronger DoT's/soul purge. Its a difficult spec, but fun and different (you're not gonna see another one in WF's thats for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Actually, the inferno finisher isn't a must have.
    Also, the GCD isn't as big a factor as you think.... although DoT's are instant cast, the dmg is over time, and if you work it out, knowing how to space your casts is good enough... the GCD reduction in itself is not such a big DPS increase. It does however make it easier to refresh all your DoT's if you let them all run out.

So, no, you do not NEED 25 pyro for those reasons... however, combust and searing vit/leaching flames with burning bright do make for some pretty nice DoT's especially since neddra's influence affect them.

To the OP, I've been playing around with 51 necro.... it is not the best spec around, but it is viable. The instant proc plague bolts on pet crit make the build a lot more versatile and the 2 min cooldown is awesome.... but its once every 2 mins. The stun and 44 pt'er are nice but by no means exciting. Consumption is good, but they seriously need to buff greater consumption to remove an additional buff per point invested. And your heal is actually decent for saving a partner... no where near a pocket healer, but because it is based of endurance, it is not terrible in full PvP gear. The remaining 15 points in lock make for more/stronger DoT's/soul purge. Its a difficult spec, but fun and different (you're not gonna see another one in WF's thats for sure).
    LMAO the 51 point nec is funny as hell

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nebmai View Post
    Right now necro and lock post 1.7 don't work in pvp as main souls, sorry but no.

At least you can do a 25ish lock as an off tree with pyro and be effective, other then that no sale.
    This is not true...
    I use both.... they can work, just that you're not going to be topping charts.

EDIT: Lock 38 is decent, 44 for mass fear has its uses... 51 is idiotic.
    Last edited by masakari81; 02-05-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Telaran

Well yeah you CAN do it, you can do anything you want including having no points in anything....but few things hold a candle to pyro for a practical pvp damage build right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast