+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planar Attunement and mages.

Shadowlander

Default Planar Attunement and mages.

Ok, question, whats great about PA ?
    i see a lot of +1 int and 1+sp .. ok, that i can get.
    but the +120 SP to weapons stack with Burning stones(200SP) ?
    if do, ok realy nice add, but if not, its realy worth the time spent to get all that +1 int / +1sp ?

i just resub´ed to game.(stoped before 1.5).

Plane Walker

No Flaring Glyph does not stack with the powerstone. I like having it since it's nice to use it when not in raids and I don't want to be wasting the powerstone since prices have skyrocketed.

Soulwalker

To me, it seems like the best reward you can get from the t2 PA, though more for a convenience than min/maxing. I think the way to go is Fire to at least Flaring Glyph > Earth t1 for End and +sp/wand > Death t1 > the others as needed, and fill in PVP PA as you want, if at all. And of course, grab the +resist along the way. The staff/mainhand/totem hexes are kinda tricky, and will be largely dependent on which kind of weapon you run with from drops, etc, but Staff might be a better deal overall.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Umkay View Post
    To me, it seems like the best reward you can get from the t2 PA, though more for a convenience than min/maxing. I think the way to go is Fire to at least Flaring Glyph > Earth t1 for End and +sp/wand > Death t1 > the others as needed, and fill in PVP PA as you want, if at all. And of course, grab the +resist along the way. The staff/mainhand/totem hexes are kinda tricky, and will be largely dependent on which kind of weapon you run with from drops, etc, but Staff might be a better deal overall.
    thanks, very appreciated.
    since i just came back to game, i still using the relic staff from RoS. so, gonna stick with staff for now.
    another question, is it possible to reset the spent points ?

Rift Chaser

http://rift.magelo.com/en/planar-attunement

yes you can respec at the Mage Trainer

IMO best way to do it spread out points to get Wand / INT + MH/OH or staff ( whichever you use ) theres no real benefit of going full out on 1 tier spreading it around gives bigger upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioStorm View Post
    Ok, question, whats great about PA ?
    i see a lot of +1 int and 1+sp .. ok, that i can get.
    but the +120 SP to weapons stack with Burning stones(200SP) ?
    if do, ok realy nice add, but if not, its realy worth the time spent to get all that +1 int / +1sp ?

i just resub´ed to game.(stoped before 1.5).
    If you min max and like to see your numbers go up every week on your meter or want in a top end guild then yes it's absolutely worth it. if you're in some average guild who does not push content and you find the PA grind to be stressful then i'd advise against it.
    Last edited by Proudfeet; 02-03-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

Weither or not PA is worthwhile to you is a judgement call you must make. I don't have as much pa as most hardcore players (only 25000 spent) but I've been able to ge every sp, wis, and int buff I could get from T1 with that amount. Its basically added another 30 SC and 72 SP to my stats, a sizable increase but not game breaking by any degree.

PA serves as a way to better yourself when your in a position where very little else will signifigantly boost you anymore.
    11/11 HK 7/8 ID

PA is definitely a nice boost, even for someone like me who doesn't grind it out but just acquires it slowly and consistently. Half a level from expert dungeon dailies, half a level from warfront daily, a level each PvP rank (awared retroactively, too!), EI daily quests, buying it with marks and plaques, etc. I had just under 1,000 marks of ascension to buy PA with when 1.7 hit.

I personally first got all of the additional planar charges (total of 9) from each plane, and then maxed out fire to get Flaring Glyph in T2 (as people mentioned it's basically +120SP for free, since planar charges cost nothing, though they don't stack with powerstones). Since I use a staff I then got all of the staff +SP bonuses in all of the T1, now I'm maxing out water since it's +wisdom and +SP for staves. That's what I've done and it's worked well for me so far.
    Adaiii <-Vendetta->

it's about 102 spell power if you max out 2hander SP wand SP wis/int figure all said and done by the end of Pa rank 3(unless they make it interesting for once) 306 spell power give or take that would be a noticeable DPS increase like I said earlier depends on you and your guild.

Ascendant

Personally, I got all the SP, int and wisdom I could get before dumping points in more useless stuff to finish a tier. But overall I went for earth, then fire (and now water). I use a staff for now though... I'd reset if I got a good 1h/offhand.

Keyword: Attunement

It makes a difference after you've put enough effort into it.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

+ Reply to Thread