+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mage Flaws

Default Mage Flaws

Captured Tsunami, Pound for pound the worst akylios relic weap off aky. Proc was supposed to be fixed it went from 8-10 dps to 15-20 DPS (good work there), Spell power of the item is 725(this item is no longer in the ball park next to Main hand off hand relics from aky great job). Purples off Hk lower floor bosses have 707 Spell power??? And anyone else notice Abyssal mark of power stacks are not gaining as well as 1.6 another proc rate which was supposed to be "Fixed" oh but don't worry somehow the golem inductor for rogues gets to 5 stacks in no time flat. Great patch so far. Next time you want to make the non hardcore raiders feel better about themselves paint all their gear orange and leave it alone.

Rushing patches for marriage records and pissing off more then 50% of your community worth it? please fire who ever had the big idea for the 14th record and rushed the patch he should never PR or dev for an MMO ever again.

Stop making items that people earn worthless compared to items in the same bracket 3-4 months later even before new content, it really screws over the entire raiding process.

And for the love of God take the time and spend the money to hire a mathematical genius into your company cause you are in DIRE straights when it comes to reworking your numbers, Procs and coefficients and every time you fail miserably it's getting tiresome and border line pathetic. if 1.8 fails as hard as 1.7 you will lose a huge customer base due to your incompetence in being able to balance stats, coefficients in your own game.

Shield of Telara

I imagine they are seeing a pretty decent influx of players considering how bad swtor is tanking right now. Giving lower tiered raiders what is essentially a buff is probably a great business decision, and that's what Trion is.

I do agree that Captured Tsunami is utter garbage now in comparison to other weapons(healing cleric staff, for example). Make the proc worthwhile or replace some of that worthless crit with spell power. This goes for a lot of healing cleric gear that just gained focus. Rings, neck, etc. all blow int-based gear out of the water. I'm pretty pissed that they didn't consider this as well, HOPEFULLY they will see this and make changes soon, otherwise I'll probably be in the same boat as you and making rant threads.
    Rank 8, 11/11

I don't know how they didnt see this coming. I mean all the cleric healing gear was designed around having no focus, so it had higher stats to compensate. Now it has higher stats AND the focus so its like bis everything for clerics and mages. Its a freaking joke. Trion needs to tweak the stats down on some of that (formerly) healing gear to make it in line with everything else.

Rift Disciple

I do not want to start a big thing, but you have to remember, Trion needs to cater to it's casual gamers #1. Casual (3-4 times a week for 2-4 hours a session) are what probably make up 90% of the player base...I would gues that 30-40% or less run HK and probably less than 10% have downed Aky..So I think they are trying to make that more acessible, rather than keeping a wide gulf between the "power Gamers" and the "casual" ones...

Just what I think...I have been here since Beta 1, and play a fair amout and through 2 guilds, have gotten to 3/11 in HK...there just are not many guilds that have 20+ HK ready people, whose schedule match up perfectly...I manage a restaurat, so I do not get home until 10est 4 nights a week, and 11 another one..so i know that has held my gameplay back...

Just remembermy friend, Trion is a business, and their objective is to look at the big picture, not just the hard core raiders....
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -

Listen I understand trion is a business but it's also a game, and a game that cannot fix issues that have been around since release (pointing at the multipliers proc rates and the general math behind the scenes) the game won't last. also you write about casuals that generally never raid and I'm writing about raid geared that got buffed beyond the Best in slot endgame gear. If you're a business you don't crap on your loyal customers correct? casuals+ new subs do not need gear buffs they need new quests, better quests, new 5 man dungeons and chronicles. Fail overhauled class changes, Unbalanced gear buffs, raid boss ninja nerfs and rushed patches for marriages should not concern them.

Well they did the same thing with oceans wrath trinket too. Damage procs on anything are going to suck. Mage is always going to suck (compared to my vision of what a mage should or could be which may differ from others views).

I find I'm having a lot more fun in this game since giving up mage. I still read the boards from time to time cause It's a little hard giving up a r8, 40k PA, HK geared mage.. BUT overall I'm having way more fun now that it's in the past. I held onto mage far too long.

as I posted in a different thread, so far my experience with the AMoP is the exact opposite of yours, it is far easier to stack up than it used to be, and average stack is now 4 instead of 2-3
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

I use to run 5 stacks consistently with 51/4/11 36/30 and 38/28 withering flames was always an auto proc to help keep stacks high, not anymore.

Rift Disciple

I agre 110% about needing new quest/dungeons..that is why I only have 1 HK geared character...my other 3 are not eve 50 yet...Because i cannot bring myself to do the repetative, boring, go find this, kill 20 of these, etc...quests..I am not a PvPer, so levelling is, to me, mind numbingly boring...
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -

The thing about the captured tsunami makes me sad as well.
    We spend hours and hours to kill akylios, and then... we get a relic which increases DPS by maybe 30 in total? I have to say this is one thing which was way better in WoW. For instance, after killing the lichking you got weapons which were half a tear higher then your old ones and they rewarded you with a nice bunch of bonus damage(i would say about 5%+)
    Considering you do 3000 DPS and you get 30 bonus damage... you got... 1% bonus damage...!!!!
    Together with the hidden glyphs nerv(and no, the hotifx glyphs buff did not solve the problem) i am currently really frustrated being a mage. Usually when trying nervs a soul of a class, they at least buff another soul of the same class. But in this case, trion nerved all viable specs with no alternative.
    Talandros - Mage of Twilight @ Brutmutter - ID (5/8)

Captsu is utter garbage now and I'm pissed I put in for it instead of the mh/oh

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

big bumps and stop changing the titles of my posts!!!! ^

Soulwalker

Default Mage in 1.7

The changes in 1.7 are awesome. Was a rank 8 pvp mage which was converted to rank 38 in 1.7, and now after the change everyone on the street with 2k health points lower is now kicking the shyt out of me (b/c of weak sp pwr, poor armor, horrible cool down times etc.). Lost one of my souls too. Clawed my way back to level 40 and recouped a few of the lost spells (via planar attunement), and now even more people than ever are kicking the shyt out of me. Whoever updated this role, despite complaints on several mage forums re being nerfed by the last few updates, may have excrement for brains (although the software programmers for this game are superb). My recommendation for the Mage class in pvp is to just go out there and have fun dying a lot, but if you want to level up for dps try another class with ranged or melee weapons. My dilemma is: should I pay for another month so that I can spend most of my nights in respawn, or should I look into finding a more intelligently designed game. Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by DamascusWPG View Post
    The changes in 1.7 are awesome. Was a rank 8 pvp mage which was converted to rank 38 in 1.7, and now after the change everyone on the street with 2k health points lower is now kicking the shyt out of me (b/c of weak sp pwr, poor armor, horrible cool down times etc.). Lost one of my souls too. Clawed my way back to level 40 and recouped a few of the lost spells (via planar attunement), and now even more people than ever are kicking the shyt out of me. Whoever updated this role, despite complaints on several mage forums re being nerfed by the last few updates, may have excrement for brains (although the software programmers for this game are superb). My recommendation for the Mage class in pvp is to just go out there and have fun dying a lot, but if you want to level up for dps try another class with ranged or melee weapons. My dilemma is: should I pay for another month so that I can spend most of my nights in respawn, or should I look into finding a more intelligently designed game. Hmmmm
    I don't know what spec you're running, and it's hard to read this garbled complaint for anything but the rage it is, but there may be other reasons you are dying so much besides current design (judging from my own experience). This entire thread is mostly rage -- ill-formatted, punctuation-lacking rage at that. I pity whoever has to actually read it if they don't just skip it for how rant-tastic it is.
    Last edited by adarel; 02-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Adarel, 60 mage
    <Fires of Heaven>
    Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by adarel View Post
    I don't know what spec you're running, and it's hard to read this garbled complaint for anything but the rage it is, but there may be other reasons you are dying so much besides current design (judging from my own experience). This entire thread is mostly rage -- ill-formatted, punctuation-lacking rage at that. I pity whoever has to actually read it if they don't just skip it for how rant-tastic it is.

You seem mad, I'd be mad if I was stuck on akylios for 5 months also constantly rebuilding the guild.... these days the FoH tag doesn't cut you the slack to walk in on a thread and throw your weight around small son,sorry.

Sincerely Proudfeet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast