+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Defilemancer parse after hotfix

Default Defilemancer parse after hotfix

I figured you guys would be interested to see this so I'm making this post...

After the Glyphs got bumped up to 10% damage bonus I did a self buffed dummy parse:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/177...ancerparse.png

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2...mancergear.png

Summary:
    Duration: 9:32. DPS: 2710
    Spellpower 2060, spellcrit 1100 (pre-buffed)

I was the only person hitting the dummy for the full duration, and my buffs are shown in the picture (all raid consumables, but didn't use legendary spellstrikes bottles). I used my PvP staff since it had a powerstone on it and didn't want to apply a new one on my raid staff. My HK epic staff has 3 more SP and 37 more SC so there shouldn't be much difference.

To my surprise, I was only parsing 50-100dps lower on a dummy than 1.6 despite the crystal being nerfed. Though I've gained a lot of spellpower from the gear buffs which balances it out... ish.

And (20minutes later) I've just done a second parse to double check the first wasn't a fluke:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2...ncerparse2.png

Summary:
    Duration: 8:04. DPS 2714

Considering that in 1.6 I parsed 2750-2800 on a dummy (which translated into 3840 Murd, 5012 Sicaron), I'm going to say that we're not at all as gimped as some of the doom-and-gloom threads I've been reading would say.

I'd really like to see some #1.7.1 Sicaron and Murdantix parses with the spec if anyone can provide. I got rotated out for today so I won't be able to test in Hammerknell for a week. I'm also interested in how 36 30 parses compete if anyone can supply...
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

RIFT Guide Writer

Can you parse 36/30 in your same gear for a comparison with the hotfix & 1.7 equipment changes?

Thanks, great stuff.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

Prophet of Telara

Looking ONLY at the glyphs change (5% to 10%), this is a buff to 1.6 28/38 dps, but still a slight nerf to 36/30 dps.

And of course, the crystal change was a massive nerf.

I did 3200+ on Murdantix didn't get a good Sicc parse cause I ****ing pulled aggro somehow. Pretty huge nerf one of our clerics with a relic and AMOP did 3000+

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    I did 3200+ on Murdantix didn't get a good Sicc parse cause I ****ing pulled aggro somehow. Pretty huge nerf one of our clerics with a relic and AMOP did 3000+
    was that with 38/28?
    Last night me and another guild mage did 3.3k/3.4k on Murdantix with 36/30

on sicaron, the two clerics purging managed to do 4k each, and the mages were pulling the same dps

remember though even if you can pull high dps on a dummy with 28/38, 36/30 will always scale better with archon buffs in raids
    Last edited by pattie; 02-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Going to ask the obvious question - was the OP's testing done on PTS? or Live?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Crewcut View Post
    Going to ask the obvious question - was the OP's testing done on PTS? or Live?
    That's live -- 1.7.1

Quote Originally Posted by pattie View Post
    was that with 38/28?
    Last night me and another guild mage did 3.3k/3.4k on Murdantix with 36/30

on sicaron, the two clerics purging managed to do 4k each, and the mages were pulling the same dps

remember though even if you can pull high dps on a dummy with 28/38, 36/30 will always scale better with archon buffs in raids
    Yes it was and another mage did 3k w/o amop. The crystal nerf really hurt the main source of damage it feels like - Fireball
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 02-03-2012 at 01:32 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

since im generally the chloro ill give you the numbers from our top mage dps from wednesday night
    Murdantix - 3500~ area
    Sicaron - 4500~
    using 28/38

previous week he had done 3900~ on murdantix and 4800 on sicaron

Plane Walker

http://imageshack.us/f/638/283817.png/ 1.7 parse 2082 sp 1124 crit and i have amop gonna parse again tomorrow when it hits american servers. Im Fine with where defile lock is at but we need another spec that can do movements fine and not require perfect scenarios to do well. and the crystal is still a pos.

Shield of Telara

Fireball has a stupid high crit chance in 38/28. 45+5(lock talent)+10(bard/archon)+5(rogue debuff)+15(pyro talent)=80% crit chance. Take away 30% of damage done 80% of the time and 15% damage done to DoTs ONLY just doesn't cut it. This has already been discussed. It still does fine on the dummies but it's scaling with raid buffs went to ****.
    Rank 8, 11/11

Ascendant

we lost a lot of the scaling because the 30% crit damage bonus was where a lot of it came from. put that on top of fireball critting all the time anyway the raid scaling isnt nearly as high as others like to think
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

RIFT Guide Writer

What I'm curious about is how much of a difference can you see between 28/38 and 36/30. Is it even worth having a role slot devoted to at this point?

More generally, what are the raid-viable builds in 1.7? It seems like for DPS we have sc/pyro, 36/30, and maybe defilemancer (?). Then there's archon, chloro (+ pyro/lock variants maybe). I'd really like to see more DPS options, considering six of our souls are devoted to it and there are only a couple combinations that pan out.

Pretty sad state compared to rogues and clerics, although I guess we can't complain relative to warriors.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

Default 2 Pyrolock (36 30) parses to compare to my OP

Here's how Pyrolock (36 30) compares. With identical stats and consumables to my OP:

Using Fire armor, no life leech:
    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3...lockparse1.png

Summary:
    Duration: 8:49, DPS: 2558

Using Pyro armor and life leech (I feel the charge gain from Cinderbursts is more important when juggling internalise charge onto a cast time DoT too):
    http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8...elifeleech.png

Summary:
    Duration: 12:54, DPS: 2513.

From these 4 parses we can pretty safely conclude that on a testing dummy, Defilemancer using Warlock 4pc will outparse Pyrolock using Pyro 4pc. For me, it won by about 150-200.

Now this makes Pyrolock pretty good for target switching and AoE fights too. You could substitute taking Pyroarmour for Fire storm and just use Fire armour. I'll definitely be carrying both specs around.

However I still have to test fully raid buffed in a raiding environment. People say Pyrolock scales better with raid buffs but I find this comment to be incorrect given that the rapid charge consumption of Defile is benefited greatly by fervor/living energy, as well as still using Fireball casts which are benefited from Burning Purpose.

I am now trying a new Pyrolock spec - I am taking no endurance, and will max out the chance to refresh life leech with void bolt. This means I will be missing 3% chance for my spells to crit in exchange for more increased lifeleech damage and the ability to refresh lifeleech. I'll post the results soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast