+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ok I give up.

Default Ok I give up.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Criting 900 damage cinder bursts, getting hit by 1.6k damage nukes from path of hurricane or something like that. Seen 2x of those pop up at once. NB/RS can't kite, can't CC just eat through me. I was fine before 1.7. PvP was fun, I could actually do stuff and I had worse gear then I do now. Tried almost every soul, and it just seems the same. I pre kite melee, I cc when possible, I use cool downs to survive, I have PvP planar thing. Any tips? Ever since 1.7 I have only been more and more frustrated. It seems as though I do no damage anymore..
    Founder of http://www.manaforged.com/
    The multi-Gaming community.
    Registration is easy and fast!

Rift Disciple

i kinda have to agree, Prior to 1.7 i was using a SC/Pyro/am spec for PVP and i loved seeing 2-3k crits with icicle, as of 1.7 i am lucky to see a crit for 1200. i cast thunderblast and hit for just over 300 on a crit.

There is something wrong with having anything other than a dot hit for 300 crit in rank 8 gear with 1800 sp 134 vengeance. I think the fact that i lost the 15% damage buff from AM combined with the 10% increased damage reduction from valor results in most of our abilities doing trivial amounts of damage.

I ended up going a 51pyro/15 lock spec for pvp, seems to be the only thing that can do decent damage, I have seen a Cinderburst hit for 450 on a VK tank but other than that it seems to reguarly crit for 1800-2k and fulminate for 2.4-2.8k

As it stands atm i would say dom based specs are the only viable ones for people who are not queing with a pocket healer.

j3h
    Shadowlander

same. I quit.

rogues can't be CC because they got immuned after 10 sec in wf, they've been buffed too much because of valor and can take enormous amount of damage, they root me, double CC if by chance I have my Break Free cd up and still crit higher than i can...result rogues are always on my back can't do anything still die as fast as 1.6. and what about warriors who can handle 5min fight vs 5-6 and still makes kills or dps cleric which can still crit you at 3000 with an instant cast... anyway it has become lame pvp

I had fun when I first reached lvl 50 one year ago when it wasn't a matter of gear...

lgw

What you're doing wrong is to not have either a Cleric or Rogue twink geared and ready to play.

/thread

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    What you're doing wrong is to not have either a Cleric or Rogue twink geared and ready to play.

/thread
    This is fact. 1.7 was the largest mage nerf to date as far as I'm concerned. Now if you run PVP in a guild group the play is better. That said, WF is not a fun place to be at the moment as a mage. But that's the game as it is. Trion decided that 5 people shouldn't be able to kill a cleric, and rogues should be able to 1 or 2 shot mages. That's the game. Some will live with it, enjoy what they can and pray chainge will come..others will chose to not give Trion anymore of their monies. That's the game.
    Lvl 50 Necro
    Shard: Gnarlwood
    Guild: Apocalypse

Shadowlander

I'm confused. If EVERYONE had their valor increased... and EVERYONE had their item power increased... and EVERYONE got a boost to vengeance... how did this patch make any class (e.g. rogues) unkillable or any more difficult?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sagius View Post
    I'm confused. If EVERYONE had their valor increased... and EVERYONE had their item power increased... and EVERYONE got a boost to vengeance... how did this patch make any class (e.g. rogues) unkillable or any more difficult?
    Apparently you're not up on what happen. Thus you can leave. You add nothing to the discussion. Go back to your 1 or 2 shotting frenzy.
    Lvl 50 Necro
    Shard: Gnarlwood
    Guild: Apocalypse

since new patch i have a hard time doing much damage at all and seem to die more often,maybe its just me..
    I love you all,even you gaurdians.

I think its because flat percentage increases in valor generally help classes with more dmg reductions already than those with less.

For example, pretend you have a class at 80% dmg reduction and a class at 10% dmg reduction, if both got a 10% increase the difference would not be similar. For the 10% dmg reduction class this change just means dps takes only a bit longer to kill you. But for the 80% class it suddenly takes 2x longer to kill them. And this is mainly assuming they just sit there and take the dmg, add in stuff like direct healing (who's outputs stay fairly constant), and this means they have more time to heal through dmg and bring up cds than they usto (or even get help from allies or run away)- in short this makes it relatively stronger. Obviously there is a point where you'd want to go for more offense still than defense depending on how much your defenses are tested... but I think fairly clear that defensive specs profited more from this (at least before the hotfix tomorrow).

At the end of the day mage is, in general, relatively squishier than the other classes, and generally more reliant on burst dmg. This means many of the typical burst mage specs got a relatively larger nerf to their outputs, and the smallest gains from the increases.
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-02-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozey View Post
    I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Criting 900 damage cinder bursts, getting hit by 1.6k damage nukes from path of hurricane or something like that. Seen 2x of those pop up at once. NB/RS can't kite, can't CC just eat through me. I was fine before 1.7. PvP was fun, I could actually do stuff and I had worse gear then I do now. Tried almost every soul, and it just seems the same. I pre kite melee, I cc when possible, I use cool downs to survive, I have PvP planar thing. Any tips? Ever since 1.7 I have only been more and more frustrated. It seems as though I do no damage anymore..
    It is because burning bright was not applying its 1.2% bonus in PvP and was applying a .2% bonus.
    It is why you're hitting for so much lesser.
    That and the valor increase.

And loss of overload and other stuff from am.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

lgw

1) Good & geared Clerics were already extremely hard to bring down before. Now with damage much down all around, they're Gods among Men.

2a) Mages heavily relied on their PVP Soul - we can put these 5-15p elsewhere, but they come nowhere near in effectiveness.
    2b) Not only is the Mage War-PA tree the worst of all, other classes also gained much more because the very most of their specs had at best 0p PVP Soul for the Break Free.

There you go - zero surprises at all.
    Last edited by lgw; 02-03-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

All a mage can do is drain mana now. It really does work. Sadly i've been doing it before patch lol,

Seen a few WFs where I was the only mage today. We completely dominated the other side who had many of them lol.

Not sure whast Trion is doing, after any patch. Seriously, the logic in their decisions is beyond human understanding.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    1) Good & geared Clerics were already extremely hard to bring down before. Now with damage much down all around, they're Gods among Men.

2a) Mages heavily relied on their PVP Soul - we can put these 5-15p elsewhere, but they come nowhere near in effectiveness.
    2b) Not only is the Mage War-PA tree the worst of all, other classes also gained much more because the very most of their specs had at best 0p PVP Soul for the Break Free.

There you go - zero surprises at all.
    Bingo. Almost every single mage ability that has been nerfed in PvP had 15 points into archmage. 5% rollbacks on the pyro abilities that got nerfed doesn't even pretend to make up for the 15% damage and 30% crit damage lost. And don't bother mentioning the lightning burst rollback, stupid build up time for a finisher that removes everything you built up. Plus the fact that it's considered an AoE(along with 80% of SC abilities) and everyone gets incoming AoE damage reduction now.

Cabs still tear it up, guess why? They never used their ****ing PvP soul for cab, they got a bunch of extra **** at no cost. We got a bunch of ****(really awful, useless ****, I might add) at a great cost.
    Rank 8, 11/11

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    Bingo. Almost every single mage ability that has been nerfed in PvP had 15 points into archmage. 5% rollbacks on the pyro abilities that got nerfed doesn't even pretend to make up for the 15% damage and 30% crit damage lost. And don't bother mentioning the lightning burst rollback, stupid build up time for a finisher that removes everything you built up. Plus the fact that it's considered an AoE(along with 80% of SC abilities) and everyone gets incoming AoE damage reduction now.

Cabs still tear it up, guess why? They never used their ****ing PvP soul for cab, they got a bunch of extra **** at no cost. We got a bunch of ****(really awful, useless ****, I might add) at a great cost.
    Its because clerics can get 20% crit damage and crit healing bonus by spec just 10 point into inquisitor and sentinel totaling a unachievable-by-mages 40% crit bonus in damage AND HEALING..

Inquisitor is their premier DPS tree with self healing dots and many utilities including a offGCD spammable snare with zero CD. Also guaranteed crit talent.

By spending just 10 Point into Sentinel other than the 20% bonus to crit dmg AND HEALING they also get a instant heal (basically chloro's BLOOM) with just 8 second CD. An instant nuke (that can be macro together with inquisitor spells, and 2 spammable dots.

If you dont play a cleric look up the talents for 51 inquisitor.

51 Inquisitor is their strongest ranged dps tree, Sanction Heretic, Vex (heavy dot that also heals the clerics for 90% of the damage done), Banish, Life's Vengeance is basically 8000-10000 front loaded damage spread in dots and instant nukes not including their 2.5k instant crit bolt of depravity on proc.

Oh and they got 5 floating points left over spending in any soul they like.

Clerics is undoubtedly the bursties calling rightnow especially after 1.7 with the death to stormcaller and pyro.

51 Inquist/10 Sent/5 X is like our old (not nerfed) SC/AM and Pyro/AM varients WITH ONE EXCEPTION their burstest spec can also gets self heals by DMG (vex) and 8sec Bloom. Also since you can spam Vex (that ticks for 400+ a crit, thats 400ish self heal per tick) on multiple target to stack the heal makes them very beastly.

That's their "steel cannon" spec... do I need to mention their HOT spec that runs godlike?

Can you imaging getting 190% crit damage and 190% 8s bloom crit in your 51 pyro spec (i wont even mention vex dps and self healing because mage has nothing comparable other than Life Leech which is a joke).
    Last edited by WarUltima; 02-04-2012 at 02:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast