+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By overbyte
  • 1 Post By ElusiveJones

Thread: What pvp build for 1.7?

Soulwalker

Default What pvp build for 1.7?

So now that 1.7 has came and AM is out the window, what specs are people using now? They unnerfed some of SC. I also hear other classes doing more damage so surviving is harder. I'm not sure what spec to try.

Nightblade/Riftstalker

Shield of Telara

Sentinel/Warden
    Rank 8, 11/11

I am currently using 51pt pyro with 15 in lock. Not really all that original but it pumps out decent numbers and is still one of the best finisher mages imo. If you can get someone to about 1.5-2k they a pretty much toast.

Now that I can use lock I get the added benefits of additional health, opportunity procs, and more charge. All of which are great for pvp.

35/31 pyro Dom is really the only viable KB build but honestly your better off running chloro Dom right now and mana draining people

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

Run Ward/Sent for lolGodMode.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

forgot to mention the ability 'rift tomb', from war attunement' is also kinda cool. The major draw back though is the 2min CD. A bit long imo.

35 pyro / 31 dom / 0 arch was rocking pretty well this morning, really have to toggle for SS and TI now for to make them effective

Mavin - Raid Leader
    Cinderstorm - PvP Mage
    www.BottomLineguild.net HK - 11/11

51 pyro was knocking people over no problem tonight. Experimented with 10 Ele 5 Archon which seemed to work ok.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

just because i was lazy, i ran the normal PvE raiding 36/30 pyro/lock, and 34/32 sc/ele today with no consumables. with both builds i got top KBs a few times. i'm rank 25 and have zero points in my PvP PA. this was the first time i'd done PvP in a couple months. i'm now a firm believer that you don't need to run a full on PvP build all the time, but i do think it helps to be optimized. if you change it up on people, they're less likely to be able to counter.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

lgw

Homebrew MM variant... at least a spamming heal debuff, range and some redicolous junk from PVP soul. Not the top spiker, but still among the best of them and always top #3, usually #1 in KBs and very high in damage on my team.
    Oh... and I'm sitting on 75% (= cap) mitigation... permanently. So yeah, I tank players, too.
    Last edited by lgw; 02-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Tested this yesterday and it was surprisingly survivable. Not that ultimate aoe destroyer that used to be with 15 am but eots and storm3tick combo still works sometimes.
    Today will dust off archon.
    Age of Wrenchinator just asks for mental flare, haven't decided what will be better: 15 dom or 15 pyro. Third soul of 0 ele for laugh and annoying pet.
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Rift Disciple

Chloro / Dom

31 / 35

or w/e variant you want

How to play:

Mana drain everything that has a mana bar

Debuff and repeat

If the cleric is wise and is dispelling your mana drain you do the following:

Target the good cleric, Transmogrify > Haunting Pain > Traitorous Influence > Storm Shackle > Mana Drain > Degeneration > Reflect Presence (if they start focusing you or Wild Growth if not)

BUT Only do this if you have guts and gear, you will certainly be focused the exact minute someone see you casting the blue thingie that drains their healers mana.
    Last edited by Dat Epi; 02-03-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    Yourtoy
    <Breaking Bads>
    11/11 HK

Soulwalker

I'm running a strange 28/27/11 Pyro/Chloro/Lock spec with pretty good results. Decent burst (took a hit in 1.7 but I can still kill people...typically top 3 in both KBs and damage), good survivability before 1.7 and absurd survivability after 1.7, and mana is never an issue (important now with these long battles). Spec is also great at kiting...lots of instant casts + pyro armor and opportunity procs + heals.

Biggest problems with the build are no mana drains and no real CC, but the combination of burst and survivability more than make up for it. I had been toying with this spec in preparation for 1.7 and was surprised at how well it performed.

I'm fully geared R8 though, so I'm not sure how others would do with this. It's been a great build for me so far.

Rift Disciple

Started working on my "run 100 stones" in whitefall using Chloro/Dom/Ele tank spec...at least its something to do while waiting for a mage fix.

Thinking of trying out a SC/Ele spec to see if that helps with the killing power...running SC/Pyro in scion the other day i had over a million points of dmg and 21 KB's...

To put that in perspective my old high was 680K dmg with 92 KB's....

+ Reply to Thread