+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My chloro isnt healing like it should

Soulwalker

Default My chloro isnt healing like it should

Hey guys. I decided to lvl a mage toon and so far its 35lvl, but I have a problem with the chloro build. So far I've putted everything in chloro, like 33-35 points or something like that. My lifebound+ synthesys should heal the target for 190% of the life dmg I do, but it heals for only like 90%. I do 140dmg it heals for 124. Anyone know why's that?

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Only Nature's Touch will heal for 190 percent of damage done. Otherwise, it will just heal for 90 percent of the damage done.

This is why mathematically Lifegiving Veil is generally better until you get more points into chloro for improved benefit from Living Infusion.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    Only Nature's Touch will heal for 190 percent of damage done. Otherwise, it will just heal for 90 percent of the damage done.

This is why mathematically Lifegiving Veil is generally better until you get more points into chloro for improved benefit from Living Infusion.
    LGV is mathematically better only if you don't use Nature's Touch. If you use Nature's Touch on cooldown like you should then LBV is much better for tank healing.

Soulwalker

Oh wow! I thought it should work for Void Spores too. Well, thanks alot guys! <3

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

The key phrase is "Nature's Touch on cooldown."

The cast time is too long and you should be casting Nature's Touch on Opportunity procs. You can switch veils at that time and have Synthesis on the tank, but for consistent heals, LGV is better at low levels.

And if you macro Nature's Touch in...don't do that.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    The key phrase is "Nature's Touch on cooldown."

The cast time is too long and you should be casting Nature's Touch on Opportunity procs. You can switch veils at that time and have Synthesis on the tank, but for consistent heals, LGV is better at low levels.

And if you macro Nature's Touch in...don't do that.
    You should use NT, VS, VS rotation which has a much higher HPS on the tank with LBV than spamming VS with LGV. Casting NT takes only 0.5sec longer than casting VS so I can't really see an issue there. You might do higher HPS by switching veils now and then but most of the low level chloros are in the getting-familiar-with-this-healing-through-damage-stuff stage and telling them that they should switch veils constantly is not a good idea.

Yes, healing with NT is spiky. The tank's HP will bounce a lot but I've never had a real issue healing with NT+LBV in any level range.

+ Reply to Thread