+ Reply to Thread

Thread: spec and rotation needed pls

Soulwalker

Default spec and rotation needed pls

right guys i have just started t2 dg's have a couple of pce's of t2 gear i am using bluedots war/pyro spec for single target and 1 i put together myself pyro/ele for aoe which is not to horrible but keep having to change spec in dg and feel i am letting the side down i have set up bluedots Stormcaller / Pyromancer spec and dont know if its because i not got the right gear or just doing something horribly wrong but on a dummy the single target is around 300-400 dps could someone suggest a ok single target and aoe spec with a rotation pls
    thx for any advice given

ishamael

I understand that the 51 Elementalist spec shines respective to other specs in lower levels of gear.

You'll see much better numbers with 36/30 and even SC/Pyro once you start getting better gear and synergy crystals, but I would suggest giving 51 ele a try (bluedots also has a writeup on this spec).
    Adaiii <-Vendetta->

Pyro / elem should be ok on both. I'd say 35 pyro / 31 elem (0 archon for buffs) to max fire spell damage while still having the nice dual CD trick. There might still be that build on Bluedot's page, although the standard rotation would have changed a bit.

Air pet up. Get your 5 stacks of pillaging stones up, then go something like :
    Internalize Charge up -> Flame Bolt -> (inferno if up) -> Countdown -> Searing Vitality -> Ignite -> Internalize Charge off -> Fireball until Flame Bolt is up again.

The order of countdown, ignite and searing vitality actually does not really matter as you'll cast all 3 on a cycle anyway. If your charge goes too low, cast Flame Bolt with internalize charge off and switch it on after.

For AE, you may want to try both ways, but I think Burning ground is not really worth casting. Once again, cast Flame Bolt for the buff, then toggle Internalize Charge, then cast your Fire Storm, and switch charge off right away to save some.

When both 31 points CDs are up, you have 5 stacks of pillaging stones buff with at least 20 seconds left, and you have 100 charge, cast Flame Bolt, activate Intensify Element and Heat Wave at the same time, activate Internalize Charge, then cast Fireball until the effect wears off (including a Flame Bolt halfway through if you think about it).

Not sure if that's significantly better than the SC/pyro, but it should get you ok DPS with low equipment.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Soulwalker

Default ty

Tyvm guys will give them a try later

36/30 stormcaller pyro
    36/30 pyrlovk
    42 pyro/13lock/11 archon
    51 pyro/13 lock/4 archon

Please dont use 51 ele.
    -_-

It's a neat little build for leveling but I find its severely lacking in terms of AoE damage ability and is still lack luster ST compared to the above mentioned specs.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Please dont use 51 ele.
    -_-

It's a neat little build for leveling but I find its severely lacking in terms of AoE damage ability and is still lack luster ST compared to the above mentioned specs.
    I wouldn't agree with that completely. Sure the other specs have higher possible max damage, but in my experience Ele has a quite good base dps, which it can reach with good consistency. The other specs seem to fluctuate more depending on the fight. Ele also has a very easy rotation and useful talents for survivability.

Unfortunately it is also currently bugged and cannot reach its max potential. I'm curious as to what kind of dps it will be able to reach once its fixed.

lgw

Learn 36/30 Pyro/Lock and go to town. That's all you need for a looooong in for group PVE DPS.
    Later add 35/31 SC/Pyro and late into HK 38/28 Lock/Pyro.

Always have a 51 Chloro at hand if heals are needed, and become competent with it.
    Once you enter raids you'll likely be asked to Archon due being lowest on gear, hence learn it, too.

+ Reply to Thread