+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By bluedot

Thread: What does Archon do on Akylios?

Default What does Archon do on Akylios?

Phase one of the fight is pretty straight forward: debuff Jornaru and if possible, apostles. But what about the later phases of the fight? Who gets the debuffs, who gets illuminated, who to Power Drain? When is the best time to use Flaring Power?

It does depend on your strategy somewhat and how you coordinate with your Bard.

The way my guild does it is:

P1: our Bard uses Jeopardy on Jornaru and our WOTMTank uses Spotter's on the Apostles, Archon doesn't do a whole lot other than debuffing Jornaru.
    P2: Archon uses Illuminate on Stingers and debuffs Lashers.
    P3: Same as P2 but Archon also debuffs Akylios whilst Bard uses Jeopardy on Akylios and Lashers
    P4: Archon debuffs Akylios, Jornaru and Lashers then keeps Illuminate on Jornaru and Stingers whilst Bard uses Jeopardy on Akylios and Lashers.

You could Power Drain Akylios breaths I suppose but none of my guild die to it at the moment.
    Flaring is used after first Wave in P1 and then again after first breath in P3. Iirc it's then used after first wave in P4 and then when Akylios enrages.

I'd be interested to see if anyone does anything noticeably different.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 01-31-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    Nope.

lgw

Archon should take debuff precedence with Illumination over Bards, as they still do damage with it and don't need to build CPs.
    Keep Illu running on all big stuff with gets hit by many folks - Jornaru, Apostels, Lashers, Akylios - possibly putting out more than Illu on different targets back-to-back.

If your Bard has the hit he should debuff the bulk in P1&2 as he has AOE debuffs. If not debuff the mobs also relevant for Illu.
    Once Stingers enter play you should at least debuff them, if you have the time also throw a shot or two at them.

Power Drain is basically only necessary on Akylios - but then we do that for both his Breath and his Bore. Using a macro (special or via Focus target) makes that very easy, and the latter variant is useful in general.

We use Flaring after the 1st wave in P1, then on the last Stinger in P2 to get a clean transition to P3, and afterwards just whenever it's available. You could save it for a quick kill in of the last 144k of Akylios - but that's so quick that Flaring hardly matters, and you're just better off getting the whole thing done faster.

In generall first and foremost... don't die ! Get maxed resists, pay attention and bring Flicker as backup (but please leave of GOP for that fight).
    Using a spam macro for your short time raid buffs also helps a lot to free your attention for other things.

p1: single dps jornaru, purge adds
    p2: physical+magicdebuff on lasher, single dps on lasher, purge adds
    p3: physical/magicdebuff on lasher/akylios, single dps lasher/akylios, powerdrain before breath
    p4+5: physical/magicdebuff on lasher/akylios/jornaru, single dps lasher/akylios, powerdrain before breath/bore

flaring p1, p3-5 for aky-dps as soon as the flaring-debuff runs out
    our bard is doing aoe-debuffs in p1, spotters on joranru in p1, spotters on lasher+aky the rest of the fight whilst wild growth isnt up

basicly hes playing a single dd on important targets cause we push p1+2 with 1 addwave respectively and 2-3 submerges

tryd archont on stingers but movement sucks for archont dps/raidbuffuptime
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Rift Chaser

Once akylios is out we keep our archon full time on him to maintain the active buffs as much as possible, the stingers melt so the archon loses a fair amount of buffing time in target switching/stingers dying.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Archons on Akylios have a 5 step process to success. I have detailed the process below. Follow this process to the letter for guaranteed success.

1. Pull aggro on adds and die.
    2. Not have enough resist gear and die.
    3. Get hit by breath and die. (See item 2)
    4. Get hit by wave and die.
    5. Call out waves for the raid while dead.

Default Bluedot Lives!

Wow Bluedot, where ya been man?!
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Spin around debuffing everything.

Keep Ill on Jon while bard does akilos. Keep everything debuffed... toss Ill on stingers on your side so that left is always faster than right!
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

I usually interrupt stingers too since Thunder Blast doesnt suck anymore.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Wow Bluedot, where ya been man?!
    Far, far away.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    Far, far away.
    Many stars away on the planet tatoonie..... where everything looks fuzzy and approaching people suddenly results in a tired voice droning out quest details which you could have just read in less than half the time.... or just hit spacebar till it spoils.

That aside, awesome archon strat bluedot.... you're a genius.

As we are approaching Akylios I want to be more prepared and know my role. When you all are talking about debuffs, which ones specifically. I have no idea what the response time is to get them on but after someone responded that we spin around debuffing everything I get the impression that it's a lot of adds in a short period of time.
    Last edited by Dantes; 02-01-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    I love to splash around in these tear-flooded boards. It's so much fun!!

lgw

Debuffs #1 & #2 -- 5% physical & 7% magical extra damage.
    Debuff #3 -- Illumination (extra damage proc each 3s), specifically mentioned each time.

But most usually (outside #1/#2 applied by Bards during heavy AOE phases) it's your duty to keep up all three.

Eh have the bard do the debuffs on phase one and then only redebuff Jon/Apos. That way all of them have something but the important guys have the good ones on em.

And your big thing is to get the debuffs on lashers... AFTER THE TANK HAS HIT IT.

I only toss the Magic one on stingers and ill to help the dps get em down faster.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

+ Reply to Thread