+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Devouring Shadows ?

Ascendant

Default Devouring Shadows ?

I am new to PvP in Rift.

I was in a group/raid in WS and used DS on enemy PvP'r;

while running back with the other teams flag to our post, I saw in /say someone said "you know that doesn't work ......" I didn't know who he was talking to but it was right after I used DS.

Was he stating that DS doesn't work in PvP? If so, why not.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 01-30-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Plane Touched

Devouring Shadows used to not only do damage immediately, as opposed to the delay it now has, but it also hit for a lot more damage. The skill kind of sucks now.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    Devouring Shadows used to not only do damage immediately, as opposed to the delay it now has, but it also hit for a lot more damage. The skill kind of sucks now.
    Yup ^^ Since it did damage instantly people would wait until the 2nd tick of damage and immediately recast it, causing 3 ticks of damage in a 1.5 second window.

Its not as effective as it used to be due to what the others have said above. However, don't rule it out if you need to AOE in PVP, you'd be surprised the amount of ppl that still stand in it! And we are talking groups of ppl too
    Last edited by Decosse; 01-31-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decosse View Post
    Its not as effective as it used to be due to what the others have said above. However, don't rule it out if you need to AOE in PVP, you'd be surprised the amount of ppl that still stand in it! And we are talking groups of ppl too
    I actually had a large group of enemies standing on the codex flag all busy with melee battles and such and literally spammed DS until they all dropped.........I'll admit I was a bit surprised I could just stand over them and AoE them to death lol, it's as if they didn't even notice it being spammed.

+ Reply to Thread