+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark fury?

Default Dark fury?

Been wondering if speccing this is even useful outside of using it as an interrupt against a hard spellcast/ability. 1s stun, 1.5s gcd. Doesn't that mean you've effectively delayed your own actions by .5s if you use it as an actual stun? I guess it might help close the gap on a cd for other abilities by 1s...bloom, flourish for chloros?

IE -
    Warrior beating on you in melee range. You stun him for 1s, he comes out at 1s, you continue waiting for .5s to do something else. True, you get a little range perhaps?

Just seems like this ability is going to be even MORE of a wash with the natural stun mitigation from the PVP attunement as well.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Plane Walker

I take it because it's an instant cast, instant travel nuke to stack on top of a travel-time nuke. crits decently too, for now. the stun either happens or it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    I take it because it's an instant cast, instant travel nuke to stack on top of a travel-time nuke. crits decently too, for now. the stun either happens or it doesn't.
    This. Use it as a finisher, not as a stun.

You're supposed to put the follow up points into it and dramatically increase the duration of the stun. Then it becomes invaluable.

Rift Chaser

It's a great finisher. I usually tag the player with it as a nature's touch/fury/spores is about to hit.

Ah gotcha, so just another instant dps. Almost wish they'd remove the initial stun on it then. Make it stun only AFTER putting pts to improve it. That way it wouldn't screw with dim returns on more important stuff.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Ah gotcha, so just another instant dps. Almost wish they'd remove the initial stun on it then. Make it stun only AFTER putting pts to improve it. That way it wouldn't screw with dim returns on more important stuff.
    Absolutely agree.
    KABOOM!

Amazing thing about that is

cast draining bolt -- as soon as gcd is up cast dark fury

both land at the same time, and if both crit you got yourself a nice 2k+ finisher, timed with countdown could net you well over 3k
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    Amazing thing about that is

cast draining bolt -- as soon as gcd is up cast dark fury

both land at the same time, and if both crit you got yourself a nice 2k+ finisher, timed with countdown could net you well over 3k
    Start with an instant cinderburst, some clever gap closing and end with an inferno and you get about 5-7k that effectively hits over a 2s period.
    KABOOM!

+ Reply to Thread