+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on which synergy crystal to use for 51 chloro (non main, raid heals)

Champion of Telara

Default Question on which synergy crystal to use for 51 chloro (non main, raid heals)

I've been thinking about this a bit.
    For main chloro's the chloro crystal is obviously best (especially when it comes to MT healing).

However, for a 2nd 51 chloro in the raid, what would you consider a better option?
    The 2 pt bonus of the chloro crystal can only benefit 1 chloro.
    Also, I'm not very sure of the benefit of using VL/NT for raid healing. Definitely sounds good, but is it such a big deal?

I'm currently leaning towards the archon crystal. 10+ pt archon gives you 2 auras which means 80 SP.... just pre cast it before actual combat to not irritate your 51 archon... it lasts 5 mins anyway. The shield is also useful as a bit of added help where necessary.

Alternatively, the Dom crystal for its 2 pt bonus is decent too.... plus you get the benefits of deny/reflect. And you don't run the risk of an angry archon.

Or is the chloro crystal still the best option?

lgw

The answer is... don't use two 51 Chloros... the second usually goes 38/28 WL/Chl (special encounters like Stilgen o/c merit special builds).

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    The answer is... don't use two 51 Chloros... the second usually goes 38/28 WL/Chl (special encounters like Stilgen o/c merit special builds).
    I used to run that. With the nerf to warlock crystal in 1.7, its looking a lot less attractive.
    36/30 is fine and dandy, but was thinking of leveraging on 51 and its versatility.

Main reason why we even have a 2nd chloro is coz of swtor.... lost a lot of good cleric healers. Our new clerics aren't nearly as good so some of the mages need to step in.

lgw

Well, DPS is still vastly better on 38/28, even with the supposed 1.7 changes. And the healing loss is marginal at best - you know, more DPS never hurts. But as long as Spores, Clover and the odd Synth is taken care off, 51 Chl offers virtually nothing some mid Chl doesn't.

Oh, and you can possibly macro down Senticars to three buttons -- single heal, AOE heal, Conviction build. Maybe add two odd for BRs and dispells. If that's to hard for them, better send them running right away.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    If that's to hard for them, better send them running right away.
    If only that were an option...
    Anyway, the advantage of switching 51's is the ability to swap to MT heals where necessary. And natural splendor can be a life saver.... although I can see where you're coming from.

Incidentally, I've been meaning to ask you, what kind of HPS can you pull with that build (when focusing on healing). What rotation do you do from clipping VS? I currently just alternate VS with whichever life spell I have not on CD (including withering as a last option), while keeping defile up..... this is a scenario where you're mainly trying to heal and not focusing that much on DPS.

lgw

Well, when I was subbing heals due low Cleric show on Aky, I regularly pushed over 3k HPS+DPS well into P3 (our progression back then) - exact HPS/DPS shares varying on a number of factors in those trys.

Well, to be blunt - true focus healing is o/c only Bloom every 10s - but then, it was critting at almost 90%, and if it was critting it was just shy of 5k.
    A standard burst healing rotation (used against King / Cursed Blows, Darktide / Darktide, etc) is [WV if time] > [VS > WG if big burst] > VS > Ruin > VS > Flourish > VS. Basically the key is to interleave VS with another spell each time to reap that first DOT tick for extra heals.

You can find more in my dedicated thread about that subject from some time back.

Champion of Telara

I followed that thread extensively... it was an interesting read and at the end of it, I decided to use 38/28 as my main heal spec (since I'm not the primary chloro).

Incidentally, I think the heal hit is a lot harder than you think with the change to lock crystal. Your bloom and flourish benefited a lot from the 30% extra on crit.... it now gets no benefit at all. The current DoT bonus makes it such that VS healing probably is comparable though.

lgw

Undoubtedly 1.7 will hit the heals very hard.
    My main point being is... the gain in DPS for 38/28 is vastly bigger than the small gain in HPS in 30/36, even with the new WL crystal (and which is why I recommend 38/28 for everybody off-Chloro'ing).

Oh, and the VS/Ruin DOT will not benefit from the crystal, because those DOTs are purely based on the initial hit...

Champion of Telara

Anyway, back to my initial question.

Anyone have any thoughts on going 40chloro/26archon with archon crystal?

Archon tree basically provides
    1. A shield
    2. Armor + resistance for yourself
    3. Better pillaging stones
    4. 24 Int via rockslide
    5. AoE cleanse
    6. 4 aura x 40 SP via crystal (160 SP).... aura cancelled to not compete with archon and rid yourself of debuffs (bloom and flourish have quite decent SP scaling)

40 Chloro just gives an additional 5.5% to LGV which isn't awesome.... you can drop anywhere from 8-12 points (sacrificing some utility the more you take off) to go either
    1. Pyro (for glyph and no pushback +/- burning fury)
    2. Dom (for int/interrup/reflect)
    3. Ele (for crit/%dmg reduce)

Main focus being HPS for raid healing, compared to a 51 chloro with chloro crystal (but not including radiant spores). Or does 51 chloro still win hands down and if so, with which crystal.
    Last edited by masakari81; 01-30-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Anyway, back to my initial question.

Anyone have any thoughts on going 40chloro/26archon with archon crystal?

Archon tree basically provides
    1. A shield
    2. Armor + resistance for yourself
    3. Better pillaging stones
    4. 24 Int via rockslide
    5. AoE cleanse
    6. 4 aura x 40 SP via crystal (160 SP).... aura cancelled to not compete with archon and rid yourself of debuffs (bloom and flourish have quite decent SP scaling)

40 Chloro just gives an additional 5.5% to LGV which isn't awesome.... you can drop anywhere from 8-12 points (sacrificing some utility the more you take off) to go either
    1. Pyro (for glyph and no pushback +/- burning fury)
    2. Dom (for int/interrup/reflect)
    3. Ele (for crit/%dmg reduce)

Main focus being HPS for raid healing, compared to a 51 chloro with chloro crystal (but not including radiant spores). Or does 51 chloro still win hands down and if so, with which crystal.
    Problem with archon subspecs over lock is as soon as the auras drop you lose any damage/healing bonus provided from the archon tree, it'd be just utility. Warlock would be a far better option since the static 20% doesn't rely on abilities which conflict with a primary raid buffer.

The extra spell power would most likely not make up for the loss of the straight % damage increase either
    Last edited by Araenn; 01-30-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

+ Reply to Thread