+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kazzin

Thread: How's 42 Pyro? Any dps parses of PyroLock 36/30 vs 42/13/11?

Default How's 42 Pyro? Any dps parses of PyroLock 36/30 vs 42/13/11?

This is for PvE. I'm T1 geared with a couple T2 pieces. ~900 spellpower and 165 focus.

I ask because I'm curious how much further behind the 42 Pyro is. I know everyone and their mother uses the 36/30, but frankly I don't like worrying about DoTs every 5 seconds. I leveled with a necro/lock, so for a change I want a big hitting dps build. Not that I mind slapping on the DoTs, but I don't want my dps to be reliant on them. So how does the 42 pyro do comparatively? Do the nukes average much higher on the 42?
    Last edited by Simulacra; 01-29-2012 at 03:40 PM.

I forgot to mention 51 pyro. It seems like the best ST nuking build that doesn't rely on dots. How does it compare?

I'm sorry I didn't get to read your post because I kept staring at your avatar and reminiscing. If your post was something along the lines of adding gnome mages to Rift I completely agree.

+1!

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't get to read your post because I kept staring at your avatar and reminiscing. If your post was something along the lines of adding gnome mages to Rift I completely agree.

+1!
    hahaha, that's exactly what my post was about. Gnomes ftw!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post

+1!
    /agree

Close your eyes, click your heels three times and repeat
    "There's no race like Gnome, there's no race like Gnome"

Rift Chaser

Those Mages had REAL pets.

I still miss my Necromancer though.

Champion of Telara

Think 51 pyro will beat that. Plus 42 still has some DoT management.... 51 is flat out burst dmg. Definitely nice if your intent is to just blow things up.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Think 51 pyro will beat that. Plus 42 still has some DoT management.... 51 is flat out burst dmg. Definitely nice if your intent is to just blow things up.
    Thanks. Looking at trying 51/11/4 Pyro/Archon/Ele -- But how will this do damage wise compared to the uber popular 36/30?

Quote Originally Posted by DinoSS View Post

I played a Wizard in EQ. I just love doing the big nukes. Wizards and Rogues always battled for top DPS in end game. I had a Gnome Rogue too actually.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacra View Post
    Thanks. Looking at trying 51/11/4 Pyro/Archon/Ele -- But how will this do damage wise compared to the uber popular 36/30?
    Last I parsed (many moons ago), it was about 50-100 DPS behind (<10% difference), which is competitive. Plus it has superior AoE and defensive capabilities. It is a good spec for all scenarios, as opposed to say 38/28 pyro lock which is purely ST DPS and 36/30 which is somewhere in between.

Prophet of Telara

42 pyro and all the 51 pyro variants except the one you posted all play EXACTLY the same at 36/30, but do less dps. Yours will come in ~100 dps under 36/30 on the dummies, with the advantage of not having to maintain dark touch.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoSS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    42 pyro and all the 51 pyro variants except the one you posted all play EXACTLY the same at 36/30, but do less dps. Yours will come in ~100 dps under 36/30 on the dummies, with the advantage of not having to maintain dark touch.
    Thanks for your response....I tried out that build (except went 10 into Arch, not 11) and canned it. The +5% crit from Ele was great for mana return, but not enough charge to properly take advantage of Fulminate. So I went instead 5 into Lock for the charge and kept Archon at 10. Works out much nicer now. Strangely I get better dps with this build than on the 36/30. Maybe I just suck. I still have to worry about DoTs, but only 2 so it's not too bad

Do you think that 5 points into Exhiliration is worth it or should I put 3/3 into Strength of Stone? Thats +64 INT instead of +40 (I think). Or maybe put some points into Opportunity?

Prophet of Telara

Thanks for your response....I tried out that build (except went 10 into Arch, not 11) and canned it. The +5% crit from Ele was great for mana return, but not enough charge to properly take advantage of Fulminate. So I went instead 5 into Lock for the charge and kept Archon at 10. Works out much nicer now. Strangely I get better dps with this build than on the 36/30. Maybe I just suck. I still have to worry about DoTs, but only 2 so it's not too bad

Do you think that 5 points into Exhiliration is worth it or should I put 3/3 into Strength of Stone? Thats +64 INT instead of +40 (I think). Or maybe put some points into Opportunity?
    ???

10 archon is useless. The whole point is the get Leeching Flames--the hardest hitting dot in the game.

+ Reply to Thread