+ Reply to Thread

Thread: request for things to be looked at.

Telaran

Default request for things to be looked at.

This is my small list of things that I believe need to be looked at through the mage calling.

necromancers lack of synergy./no dps gain charge dump and no one likes the off heal abilities it has since we gained natural healing. deathly calling has no raid benefit.
    dominator is not " support control based" in pve..its used for arresting presence spam..its debuffs are mostly useless and has dps less then an archon.
    warlocks deprevation of charge + lack of spark ability makes it unusable without pyro. suggestion swap warlocks 5% crit with sparks placement in the pyromancer tree.

Okay... Not sure if troll or not, but I'll bite.

necromancers lack of synergy./no dps gain charge dump and no one likes the off heal abilities it has since we gained natural healing. deathly calling has no raid benefit.
    Synergy: Works great with Warlock.
    Charge dump: Do you mean that one that heals you and your pet?
    Off heals: Natural Healing is deep in the Chloro tree.
    Deathly Calling: Increase your damage, and the abilities/damage of your pets. How does that not help raid?

dominator is not " support control based" in pve..its used for arresting presence spam..its debuffs are mostly useless and has dps less then an archon.
    Support/Control: There are many more abilities than Arresting Presence. Squirrel being a big one. Being able to remove a mob (non-boss) from combat is huge. What if that mob is attacking the healer? Squirrel.
    Debuffs: Dominator is more dps than Archon, if you do it right. The debuffs do different things than those of an Archon.

warlocks deprevation of charge + lack of spark ability makes it unusable without pyro. suggestion swap warlocks 5% crit with sparks placement in the pyromancer tree.
    Deprivation of charge: What do you mean by this?
    Swap Crit/Spark: As most of the Warlock spells are instant cast DoTs, having them cast faster won't help that much. It will only let you build them on the target faster. If you read the description of the Warlock, it says that it is slow to build, but then is hard to take down. Once your DoTs are up, all you're doing is keeping them up (with a few other spells thrown in as needed).

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    Deprivation of charge: What do you mean by this?
    Nothing to use charge on, like internalize charge.

These points might be valid, if we weren't able to mix souls..... Thing is, we can.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Ascendant

So defile and ED don't use charge?
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Telaran

sry for being unclear was trying to avoid wall of text.

Necromancer in itself has synergy only with warlock. It used to have some synergy with dominator which is completely ignorable throught one CD making the other stronger. However currently It has no proper charge dump for dps gain while its HEALING in a dps soul makes its utility not even close to making up the fail that it currently is..

Dominator has no unique support. If it weren't for squirrel and the presences it wouldn't be used aside from split personality. I would like to see it have more of a place in raid other then i spam my charge ability's.

Warlock has no charge dump that allows it to be viable in the sense that a entropic valed/internalize charge etc will net more dps on each dot then spamming defile on refresh. Dots carry lower dps then possible because of our gcd. they need spark. 5% crit should be where spark is and visa versa.

My main complaint is that a mage has 8 souls 1 healing 2 support 5 dps. Of those souls

chloromancer is viable
    dominator is a secondary archmage tree
    archon is stapled with excessive mana reduction where raid utility could be placed.
    necromancer has poor scaling while providing no oppurtunity to synergize with souls eg. stormcaller elementalist and certain others.
    Elementalist is mostly fixed but needs some tweaking still.
    Warlock needs spark making pretty much all warlock specs required to run some sort of 25+ pyro.
    Pyromancer is where it should be.
    Stormcaller is ok

overall I'm not saying were in a terrible position I am just saying dominator necromancer and warlock need to be relooked at.

+ Reply to Thread