+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pvp Builds? ChloroLock/Pyrolock

Soulwalker

Default Pvp Builds? ChloroLock/Pyrolock

What are the specs for these?

This is what I am currently using for Chlorolock and will be for 1.7 with the exception of 0 Archamge for 0 Archon.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qxo.EdI0zA00RR

This is my go to macro:
    #show Nature's Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Break Free
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Ruin
    cast Nature's Fury
    cast Corrosion
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Dark Fury
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Dark Touch

My Lock/Pyro build (for post 1.7) is here:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...qxo.bcccuhcVzo

I will not give out my macro's or rotation for that one.
    KABOOM!

I didn't look at the spec, but I'd be hesitant to take the advice of someone that includes Break Free in a dps macro. Or uses that dps macro.

if you go with a chloro spec you should probably go chlorodom rather than chlorolock :/
    chlorolock is more squishy then you'd expect since dmg increases relative to what the spec can heal through ( Plus the healing decreases and devouring shadows nerf didn't help it too much) , and is very disadvantaged against rogues at higher levels, and possibly, warriors next patch. Chlorolock was a great spec a few patches ago, but has since then lost some appeal, as a large part of its success was its ability to use direct heals and inc ally healng sources and cds to buffer the direct heal cds again, bc burst is higher in general, it makes it harder to bring up those direct heals too much.

the two main specs for 1.7 are really looking to be pyrodom and chlorodom tbh... its a real risk to survivability outside of those, and without archmage, for only usually modest dmg.
    Pyrolock might do ok... it would be squishy though, and the dots have a larget buildup, and are prone to cleanses and such, so it'd really be about staying with group cover, avoiding focus fire, and targetting distracted enemies.
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    the two main specs for 1.7 are really looking to be pyrodom and chlorodom tbh... its a real risk to survivability outside of those, and without archmage, for only usually modest dmg.

I'm actually now questioning the wisdom of chloro in 1.7 as it stands on the PTS.
    From what it looks like, dmg is so high that there is no way to heal through.... only thing that will save you is cooldowns, of which chloro has 1.

OR... the other scenario is that chloro dmg is now higher and hence can heal itself better.

Warden's are already dying.... I'm not so sure chloro's will fair much better.

Rift Disciple

..................first chlorolock is still and will be for those who know how to play them. It gets better at R7 and of course R8 which I am. Second that macro is the worst macro I have ever seen (but if it works for him then so be it but.................). Third play what you like when the patch comes out and when you find what fits you go for it. Chlorolock is such a misunderstood build imo and misrepresented here on the forums a lot. It's not a insta kill spec like pyro that can do 9k in just a few seconds or more with procs and crits. It's a medium dps survival build that lets you do lot's of aoe healing as well as insta heals. It let's you survive the op rogue fotm builds longer then anyone else except a straight up cleric. No one is going to out last them but it's the class that if left alone can do good damage and keep groups healed like a champ and unless focused down the enemy better pack a lunch cause its going to take a while. I will admit that a R8 rogue sin popping from stealth can be a bit tricky and if you screw up just a bit they will kill you but most are not that good so.......lol.

So if you want to burst people down with insane damage instantly go pyro. If you want to do dps and survive and heal a lot go chlorolock or Dom if you want to control the situation a bit. It works very well against rogue sins as well as anyone else. If you are good at the Dom spec that can make you a bit more aggressive and dangerous. In the end again just play what you feel is good for you. Good hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I didn't look at the spec, but I'd be hesitant to take the advice of someone that includes Break Free in a dps macro. Or uses that dps macro.
    It's not a DPS macro per say, it's intended to maximise continuous damage in order to maximise healing output.

I see no reason not to include break free in a macro considering that I'll be using it any time I'm CC'd anyway....

Post your own macro if you have a better idea, it works for me and anyone who's seen me run Chlorolock will attest to that.
    KABOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    Second that macro is the worst macro I have ever seen (but if it works for him then so be it but.................).
    Just like I said to the other guy, post YOUR chlorolock macro, or at least say what's wrong with mine.
    Last edited by Nuitaran; 01-30-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    KABOOM!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitaran View Post
    Just like I said to the other guy, post YOUR chlorolock macro, or at least say what's wrong with mine.
    Actually, I don't use any macros for chlorolock. It is fairly easy to use all the skills individually and it gives you better control over the situation if you cast the right spells at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Actually, I don't use any macros for chlorolock. It is fairly easy to use all the skills individually and it gives you better control over the situation if you cast the right spells at the right time.
    Maybe skill selection matters more if you run with Synergy, but I don't. I run as support heals to back up the cleric(s) and to add a significant amount of continuous damage pressure. This macro allows me to wade in, soak up massive damage, output significant damage as well as output significant healing to my group. In a warfrint I am usually top damage take, top 3 in damage and heals, and often have 0 deaths. That would indicate that I'm doing something right.
    KABOOM!

if you go with a chloro spec you should probably go chlorodom rather than chlorolock :/
    chlorolock is more squishy then you'd expect since dmg increases relative to what the spec can heal through ( Plus the healing decreases and devouring shadows nerf didn't help it too much) , and is very disadvantaged against rogues at higher levels, and possibly, warriors next patch. Chlorolock was a great spec a few patches ago, but has since then lost some appeal, as a large part of its success was its ability to use direct heals and inc ally healng sources and cds to buffer the direct heal cds again, bc burst is higher in general, it makes it harder to bring up those direct heals too much.

Pyrolock might do ok... it would be squishy though, and the dots have a larget buildup, and are prone to cleanses and such, so it'd really be about staying with group cover, avoiding focus fire, and targetting distracted enemies.
    i fight you with chlorolock all the time....youve seen me in wf's..

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    i fight you with chlorolock all the time....youve seen me in wf's..
    wait what is your characters name?? There's a good chance I probably just saw the lgv buff and assumed you were chlorodom hehe ^^ sorry!

but I guess it could still be a good group class...
    I'm just not really seeing it doing as well as it usto in certain matchups anymore :/ In my own exp at least (before I switched to sc <3)- especially mms.. the combination of healing debuff, siphon, dmg, range, and purges are really hard to play through. Obviously if you are still playing it and having success with it though I've misjudged it!
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-30-2012 at 05:15 PM.

? wait who is your character?? Also, there's a good chance I probably just saw the lgv buff and assumed you were chlorodom hehe ^^ sorry!
    I guess it could still be a good group class
    I'm just not really seeing it living against competent rogues anymore :/ especially mms.. the combination of healing debuff, siphon, dmg, range, and purges are really hard to play through.
    I only run two specs, Lock/Pyro 38/26 and Chlorolock 34/32 (used to do 32/275 AM for detaunt but I'm breaking the habit early) and I dominate in warfronts as well as performing well in OW PvP. With cleansing off the Fell Blades and Vampiric Munitions I can last at least a solid 5 minutes against a couple of rogues or kill them outright. It would be even better if FB and VM didn't have a chance to proc off dot ticks. Anyway, Chlorolock is still incredibly viable if you know how to use it.
    KABOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitaran View Post
    I only run two specs, Lock/Pyro 38/26 and Chlorolock 34/32 (used to do 32/275 AM for detaunt but I'm breaking the habit early) and I dominate in warfronts as well as performing well in OW PvP. With cleansing off the Fell Blades and Vampiric Munitions I can last at least a solid 5 minutes against a couple of rogues or kill them outright. It would be even better if FB and VM didn't have a chance to proc off dot ticks. Anyway, Chlorolock is still incredibly viable if you know how to use it.

I'm willing to see chlorolock doing some great stuff in group, but I really don't see it beating rogues at high levels... vm is applied passively, and it also has a chance to be buffered by another debuff, or be reapplied as soon as you cleanse it- in either case you are wasting a lot of gcds on it while it dpses. Not to mention the mm outrages you, and can purge off stuff like neddra's essence, and interrupt/silence mortality. You end up putting too much pressure on direct heal cds imo and chloros lower dmg ability.
    Last edited by Inixia; 01-30-2012 at 05:45 PM.

I'd really like to see duels against some of the better rogues...
    I'm willing to see chlorolock doing some great stuff in group, but I really don't see it beating rogues at high levels... vm is applied passively, and it also has a chance to be buffered by another debuff, or be reapplied as soon as you cleanse it- in either case you are wasting a lot of gcds on it while it dpses. Not to mention the mm outrages you, and can purge off stuff like neddra's essence, and interrupt/silence mortality. You end up putting too much pressure on direct heal cds imo and chloros lower dmg ability.
    1v1 in duels against other rogues it's not going to beat them if they are good and/or equally geared, but it's not meant to. I was talking about it's ability to outlast in group situations when a rogue gets on me, it's easy enough to mitigate what they can do to me while my DPS deals with them, or fear them off of me long enough to get away.

As far as cleansing FB/VM sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, if it reapplies too fast I try to ignore it.

You'd be shocked how many players let me use Neddra's and Mortality without doing a damn thing about it.

I don't usually use it as a solo spec so I can't really attest to it's ability there, but again, that's not what it's meant for. Chlorodom/Pyrodom and Lock/pyro are all much better suited for soloing.
    Last edited by Nuitaran; 01-30-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    KABOOM!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast