+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Oracle Aleria and her werewolves solo ?

Default Oracle Aleria and her werewolves solo ?

Just returned to Rift so I get there's some need to relearn my class I've been completing the chronicles except for The Fallen Prince, I get stuck at Aleria and those hard hitting werewolves. I've been running a Necro/Chloromancer/Lock build, works fine in Hammerknell, have tried switching out Lock for Dominator and Archon but the wolves cant be mezzed and I end up eating dirt. I'm not that familiar with DPS builds but know some about the souls I've already mentioned.

Anyone any advice for this born again noob mage on defeating the werewolves and Aleria?

Edit: Gear is mostly epics, mixture of T1, T2 and crafted
    Last edited by Nahkti; 01-28-2012 at 10:23 AM.

This boss is the only one of any sort of challenge in all the chronicles (even RoS), it tested my cleric, warrior and rogue. But they all managed it and even turned it into quite a simple encounter with the relevant spec and strategy, the strategy being different for all three.

I just recently dinged my mage 50 and was expecting to have some fun, I'm only learning how to play the mage. I went in unprepared as a fresh 50 in the Tormentors gear with a 33pyro/33chloro/0arc spec that I'd made for Ember Isle.

I basically just burnt them down one at a time and it was the easiest of all 4 classes. No real tactics at all, other than order. I just did one WW, then the other, then Oracle and firestormed when she popped wisps. If you ST them anyway, the left only gets a buff when you damage him so burning down the right one first will mean you are only taking normal damage from the left one until you switch to him, after the right one is dead.

AoE them both, or taking the left first will mean you are taking damage from both plus increased damage from lefty. Oracle herself was surprisingly easy to what I'd expected.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 01-28-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Well you could go 51Ele/15Pyro/0Archon and have your Greater Earth Elemental tank it. Keep him alive with Quicken Elements. It'll take awhile but you are basically invincible. Throw in a Ignite, Searing Vitality, and Fireball here and there when your Earth Ele isn't dying.

i always recommend a split chloro/ele build for new 50s and chronicles. synth up your rock pet and easy mode the whole place. just my 2c.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Thanks for your replies

I like playing a pet class, that's why I go necro most of the time, I'll give an Ele' build a go and see how that goes. Appreciate everyones advice.

I'd be careful with ele pet, it's alright saying just keep the pet healed and dps them slow, but the pet will need to use earthquake which will damage both werewolves. The necrotic werewolf will then be getting a damage buff. If he breaks away from the ele/kills the ele and turns to you with a few stacks on him, ouch.

If you insist on using the ele pet, make sure you focus the necrotic one, but I'd definitely recommend pyro-chloro. Toe to toe tank them yourself with enough ST to burn them quick, enough self heals and shields to keep yourself alive and enough AoE to burn wisps.

I don't log in anymore.

I go in there with 35 pyro / 31 ele build, with pet upgrade and pet heal upgrade. Get pet on one of the werewolves, cast pillaging stone, flame bolt, countdown, searing vitality, then send pet on other werewolf and heal pet. Get same spells on other werewolf, then heal pet again.

By that time, the werewolves are a bit weakened and ready to die from AE. If your pet gets too low on life, switch it to the other werewolf for agro purpose, and heal it again. You should be able to kill both werewolves within seconds of each other doing that.

On Aleria herself, there is no hurry. Just make sure you kill the willows with AE and keep on healin your pet.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Prophet of Telara

You can tank and outheal anything in chronicles just by spamming soul purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    You can tank and outheal anything in chronicles just by spamming soul purge.
    In order to spam Soul Purge you need charge, I can't build up charge quick enough to keep spamming Soul Purge in the werewolf encounter, am I missing something?

As I said earlier, I went in as a fresh dinged 50 and it was the easiest of all the classes.
    Since then I've added one or two more pieces of gear, so for this vid - No outside buffs, scrolls, vials, pots, powerstones, tablet or food, no rep runes, and I'll remove my pants and boots. Leaving 960 SP and 782 SC (pre Pillaging Stone, SV and Life spell buff). Event lessers and two heal proc greaters.

Vid should be live in 45 mins, noob clicker, probably doing all sorts 'wrong'.

Spec, not made for this but for EI
    Last edited by Anuhart; 01-29-2012 at 04:02 AM.

I don't log in anymore.

Oh, OP.

I just noticed in your OP that you mentioned the WW's can't be mezzed.

It's only the right hand one that is CC Immune (at least to fear, I'd presume it's general). My strat on my cleric was to open on the right one, when they were both in my face I'd hit AoE fear which sent the left one (the one who gets a buff when damaged) running. By the time the 8 sec fear had worn off, I had either killed the right one or timed a killing blow soul drain to kill the right one and utilise the bounce between them.

I don't log in anymore.

I use necro lock for this fight just put your tank pet on one of them and kill the reason i do it so i can get to full life on the other add with soul purge before oracle comes out then aoe when she spawns a wisp and whamo before ya know it shes dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    As I said earlier, I went in as a fresh dinged 50 and it was the easiest of all the classes.
    Since then I've added one or two more pieces of gear, so for this vid - No outside buffs, scrolls, vials, pots, powerstones, tablet or food, no rep runes, and I'll remove my pants and boots. Leaving 960 SP and 782 SC (pre Pillaging Stone, SV and Life spell buff). Event lessers and two heal proc greaters.

Vid should be live in 45 mins, noob clicker, probably doing all sorts 'wrong'.

Spec, not made for this but for EI
    Thank you so much for taking the time to upload a video too, really appreciate it, I'll give this a shot, probably practice on a few mobs in Ember Isle first. I'll report back my success or failure

Telaran

Necro/Lock Lich-Form : Make sure Pillaging Stone is stacked, switch in Dominator soul for Transmorg. Send tank pet to mob on right, Transmorg left one. Pop cd's burn right mob, wait for healy glowy mob (like 1 or 2 secs), kill it, then break squirrel and kill left mob.

Went with Pyro/chloro and it worked like a dream, switched out for Necro/Chloro for the boss that does all the knockbacks but for the rest it Pyro/Chloro went very well. Thanks for everybody's help .

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/281...0129171757.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast