+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riftologist

Thread: Ward of Detection

Default Ward of Detection

Is there any sign of this anywhere in the PA of War for mages? I'm gonna cry if this is gone.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

I couldn't find it anywhere in the game, appears to have been removed. Internet search didn't reveal any answers yet. Its affects in a pvp environment were obviously significant in helping get a jump on stealthed rogues. But the one thing I'm really going to regret ... is losing the ability to reveal that particular rogue who delights in sapping/stunning players over and over again.

Here's to hoping that Ward of Detection makes a speedy return to the Mage class.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Pretty sure it's gone. They didn't specify what was going, but they mentioned many of the abilities that are deemed "unpopular" were removed.

I nver saw a benefit in it myself lol. The whole right side of AM was pretty lacking.

I want detaunt back....sigh. Was that ability really so OP?
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

The sad thing is the ability was pretty nifty and not that bad. But it was never truely worth the points spent in the Archmage tree. I was hoping that we would get such an ability for use... but no..

Instead, we get Runeshield (pretty mediocre), and Rift tomb which is incredibly bugged/never works. Eh
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    Pretty sure it's gone. They didn't specify what was going, but they mentioned many of the abilities that are deemed "unpopular" were removed.

I nver saw a benefit in it myself lol. The whole right side of AM was pretty lacking.
    That kind of seems rediculous if that's why some abilities were removed.

WHY WERE THE ABILITIES UNPOPULAR?:

Because of the amount of points needed to attain such abiities. I.e. the ''reason'' they removed the pvp trees because of their restrictiveness.

I can guarentee that such abilities would have been popular if they were 0 point'ers.

And Rune shield was not more popular than Detaunt.. oh how I miss you detaunt.. :/
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    That kind of seems rediculous if that's why some abilities were removed.

WHY WERE THE ABILITIES UNPOPULAR?:

Because of the amount of points needed to attain such abiities. I.e. the ''reason'' they removed the pvp trees because of their restrictiveness.

I can guarentee that such abilities would have been popular if they were 0 point'ers.

And Rune shield was not more popular than Detaunt.. oh how I miss you detaunt.. :/
    I agree with you completely. They over looked why, and just removed. And you're right. I never spent any time looking at them, bc the way the tree worked. The design should have been less restrictive. those pathways in AM were the problem.

+ Reply to Thread