+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bleeds

Thread: Bleeds - Video 8.5 - Leftover Clips+Fresh Beats

  1. #1
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default Bleeds - Video 8.5 - Leftover Clips+Fresh Beats

    Like the title says... was just gonna wait till 1.7 to start recording a new video, but felt like trying out some new editing tricks to see how they go over.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ4DmLO_6T4

    Short video, clips are pretty mediocre (leftover stuff from when I frapsed for my last video a month or two ago). Song's pretty filthy though, so that helps. Figured I might as well just put one last video out with 1.6 footage.

    Let me know what you think mainly on the editing side, wanna incorporate some nifty stuff into my next actual video. Cool? Distracting? The worst thing you've ever seen outside of a Walmart?

    Either way, Enjoy, give feedback, blah blah.
    Last edited by Bleeds; 01-27-2012 at 12:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion LockedOn666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    561

    Default

    bad link, nice try next time tho.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Working now

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    yeah those beats definitely do it for me

    a thing that these videos dont show is how good bleedz is at playing the field. when he's on the other team, i have to play more offensively than i'd prefer due to the fact that he (and nobodi, also on deepwood) flits in and out of the front line so well and if you dont make it a conscious thing to take him out, you'll lose players fast.

    always enjoy a bleedz video, and deepwood is a great server

    creyl, deepwood

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Sao like Mayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Sail! Sick song, havent checked the boards in months, but cool to see Bleeds is still doing his thing. Almost makes me want to play again and then I see the codex >.<

  6. #6
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sao like Mayo View Post
    Almost makes me want to play again and then I see the codex >.<
    I know, not much has changed there.

    But I kinda look at it like, well, football fields haven't changed that much in awhile, doesn't make every game still different though :P
    Last edited by Bleeds; 01-27-2012 at 08:53 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    I know, not much has changed there.

    But I kinda look at it like, well, football fields haven't changed that much in awhile, doesn't make every game still different though :P
    ech, bad grammar, MEANT to say, every game's still different though.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    love seeing a bleeds video, and I applaud any effort in video making as i have no experience in it. Some of the edits worked for me, but others did not.

    The beginning moments when you show the patch/serve/etc. in between a developing fight really worked. Moments later on when you flash a black screen or random other bits of fights in time with the music don't work for me. The fights shown in the video are as always impressive, and show a good mix of blowing people up and surviving to disrupt the other team. I'd like to see the moments of other fights build into a bigger part of the video similar to how you started it off.

    Two videos from back in my WoW days that stuck with me as being very good from both a skill perspective and editing were "jamaz - fist of the heavens" and "caen - apathy" I'm sure you can find them on youtube and give them a quick look, and that's not even counting the editing that went into the "world of roguecraft" videos. I haven't seen anything come close to the entertainment and editing success of those videos in RIFT, which is a shame because it's so much easier to get video footage in RIFT.

    edit: sail is awesome by the way
    Last edited by Davroth; 01-27-2012 at 06:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Bleeds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davroth View Post
    love seeing a bleeds video, and I applaud any effort in video making as i have no experience in it. Some of the edits worked for me, but others did not.

    The beginning moments when you show the patch/serve/etc. in between a developing fight really worked. Moments later on when you flash a black screen or random other bits of fights in time with the music don't work for me. The fights shown in the video are as always impressive, and show a good mix of blowing people up and surviving to disrupt the other team. I'd like to see the moments of other fights build into a bigger part of the video similar to how you started it off.

    Two videos from back in my WoW days that stuck with me as being very good from both a skill perspective and editing were "jamaz - fist of the heavens" and "caen - apathy" I'm sure you can find them on youtube and give them a quick look, and that's not even counting the editing that went into the "world of roguecraft" videos. I haven't seen anything come close to the entertainment and editing success of those videos in RIFT, which is a shame because it's so much easier to get video footage in RIFT.

    edit: sail is awesome by the way
    Appreciate the feedback man, thanks. I'll definitely check those videos out. Yeah I think I know what you're talking about having the little filler clips take over at the end and finish that scene off with the last clip? Also, how bout the short little half second clips interspersed at the end?

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    ya man, sorry if it seemed negative, do really enjoy your videos.

    I think if the little half second clips had a reason to be there, like showing a big crit, a killing blow, or something else cool it would work a lot better. The spec doesn't really lend itself to just a crit reel, and like I said your fights are varied and entertaining, so I don't think you'd be in danger of people accusing you of just showing big crits.

    I think you also have to take into account the best PVP videos can teach players some strategy, but they are mostly for entertainment, so adding in little comments about the fights, paying particular attention to the exceptional part of the fight(you have really low health, there's an important KB, you get an accolade) or letting two fights develop at the same time are tactics to keep people interested.

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara Sykk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayt View Post
    a thing that these videos dont show is how good bleedz is at playing the field... flits in and out of the front line so well and if you dont make it a conscious thing to take him out, you'll lose players fast.
    yeah, was playin a WS last nite & he was tearin up mid but his health got low & I told our mm to go silence him- my whole team backed down as he got to sit there n drink lol

    library was awesome too, my team just stayed at our spawn- think we got 50 pts

    it adds excitement to see him in wfs after grinding a few hrs

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts