+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hammon

Thread: Necromancer PvP Build

  1. #1
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default Necromancer PvP Build

    Been messing around with this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...dkoz.EtftVtozs
    It's actually pretty effective and very fun. You use the rogue pet (or the mage, but you ahve to switch around some points) to deal most of your damage, while you cast control and debuffs on the enemies. Healers get annoyed with Last Gasp/Priest's Lament. It's a support build. Might not be as effective as 51 Dom, but it sure is fun.

    Thoughts?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Hammon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Scrap the 1 point in microburst, 1 point in controlled opportunity and the 1 point in reflective presence and get rid of them 2 points in durable control. Place 2 points in Imp charged shield and 3 in Imp man wrench to help suck the juice out of them healers and why 2 points in greater consumption? get rid of them no need in pvp as mana wrench will restore some of your mana anyways, relocate somewhere else.

    Just my input . How long does your pet last in pvp btw? they go down fast and not ideal to depend upon.

  3. #3
    Banned overbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammon View Post
    Scrap the 1 point in microburst, 1 point in controlled opportunity and the 1 point in reflective presence and get rid of them 2 points in durable control. Place 2 points in Imp charged shield and 3 in Imp man wrench to help suck the juice out of them healers and why 2 points in greater consumption? get rid of them no need in pvp as mana wrench will restore some of your mana anyways, relocate somewhere else.

    Just my input . How long does your pet last in pvp btw? they go down fast and not ideal to depend upon.
    Don't put points into Improved Charged Shield. It's a waste of points. Reflective presence is awesome, and worth more than 1 point in Microburst.

    I agree about Controlled Opportunity (1 point is worse than 0 points!).

    If you are looking for an annoyance build, I think this is a better point distribution in Dominator:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0koz.EtftVtozs

    3/3 Improved Mana Wrench is a must for annoying healers.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammon View Post
    Scrap the 1 point in microburst, 1 point in controlled opportunity and the 1 point in reflective presence and get rid of them 2 points in durable control. Place 2 points in Imp charged shield and 3 in Imp man wrench to help suck the juice out of them healers and why 2 points in greater consumption? get rid of them no need in pvp as mana wrench will restore some of your mana anyways, relocate somewhere else.

    Just my input . How long does your pet last in pvp btw? they go down fast and not ideal to depend upon.
    Necro sucks in PvP, period. Too long a set up time, simply takes too long to kill good players. Pets are a joke in PvP, regardless of class/soul.

    In a 1 on 1 fair duel, sure, Zealot is pretty pimp, but PvP is a gank fest and like you said, the pets go down fast and since they're a big portion of your dps, this leaves you high and dry if your Exhume is on CD.

    Why not reverse your points a bit and only take Necro up to Soul Purge (16) as it's really the only thing worth taking to go with Dom, if you want Necro in your build that is.

    For a 0 pnt soul, go with Archon, nice buffs, since we're losing our PvP soul anyway, go Archon.

    For a Dom/Necro, try this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0z.Voo...again, since the PvP soul will be gone soon, go Archon.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    16 point necro is neat for the life drain thing.

    I would do something like this:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...fd0z.cezAz0qLo

    Dot them up with necrosis, life leech, dark touch, essence link then void bolt spam.

    If they target you and start to retaliate, transference and you have the opportunity to instantly squirrel them if your dots are off. Otherwise soul purge / arresting (as needed) and remember to use your lock defensive abilities.

    If you need mana, suck it from your pet.

    Lots of utility in this spec. Is it better than lock/dom or pyro/dom or chloro/dom? Probably not.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Hammon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    Don't put points into Improved Charged Shield. It's a waste of points. Reflective presence is awesome, and worth more than 1 point in Microburst.

    I agree about Controlled Opportunity (1 point is worse than 0 points!).

    If you are looking for an annoyance build, I think this is a better point distribution in Dominator:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0koz.EtftVtozs

    3/3 Improved Mana Wrench is a must for annoying healers.
    If you wish to annoy healers, reflective presence wont help there. Ill take reflective presence along with empowered presence for a better % chance for reflection of spells vs mages/cabs/inq otherwise arresting presence to stop them casting outright will do the job better.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Ok, sorry Op, but the honest truth is whenever I identify a Necro in either a WF or open world, I think

    +ok, kill him it will be easy+

    And it is.

    No soul purge, no last gasp is ever going to save you from a good sc/chloro/dom/pyro/lock in whatever combination.

    Oh, and they are also way ovverated in duels. Ive had a /duel against say 10-15 Necros.....never lost. It wasnt that they were bad, it was that the soul is bad.

    The exception is a heavy lock build with 6 points necro for the debuff and dot. That build is fairly decent.

  8. #8
    Banned overbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammon View Post
    If you wish to annoy healers, reflective presence wont help there. Ill take reflective presence along with empowered presence for a better % chance for reflection of spells vs mages/cabs/inq otherwise arresting presence to stop them casting outright will do the job better.
    Neither will charged shield, and the OP looks like he wants to stick with 44 points in Necro, so Empowered Presence (the biggest healer PITA talent) is out of his reach.

    But when you look at the point allocation, I can't think of a better investment for that final point. Reflective Presence does little for cleric healers, but works great against all dps casters and chlorolocks.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts