+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller New Skills / Changes Suggestion

Prophet of Telara

Default Stormcaller New Skills / Changes Suggestion

Stormcaller is my favorite soul. I`ve been playing it a lot in PvP since the beginning of May after I dumped chlorolock. At first it was SC/Lock, then after I got some better gear I switched to more powerful SC/Dom which was my main PvP build for a long time. After the SC revamp I switched to 51/15 SC/AM or SC/Chloro/AM. Over it`s a great AOE soul.

Recently Xenoheart made a large thread with skill changes suggestions but I feel that SC was somewhat left behind.

So I came up with a couple of ideas for some new skills/changes that would make Stormcaller even more fun and might increase it`s popularity which has been declining for some time. Sorry for my English (it`s not my native language). I apologize if any of those spells were already suggested. I tried not to rip-off anyones ideas.

Electrolute – no longer knock backs the enemy. At the end of the channel enemy gets a 6 sec debuff. While this effect is active the enemy will do xxx dmg to 6 of his allies in 8 m radius every 2 secs OR does 0 dmg but applies 1 stack of electrified to 6 of his allies in 8 m radius every 2 secs.

Chain Lighting – new 32 points root skill. Costs 30 charge to cast. 1.5 sec cast time, no cd. Deals xxx dmg to the target and bounces to 3 other targets dealing 10 % less dmg after each bounce.

Ice Prison – new skill. 1.5 sec cast time, 15 sec cd. Can only be cast if the target is affected by Hypothermia. Puts the target into a ice cube for 8 secs. Target becomes immune to all incoming dmg and effects but take xxx dmg every 2 secs.

Shatter – new skill. 1.5 sec cast time, 15 sec cd. Can be cast only at the target affected by Ice Prison. Ice cube breaks into deadly shards dealing xxx dmg to 8 enemies in 10 m radius. Target gets 0 dmg.

Cyclone – replaces Wind Chill. Ground placed AoE. Summons a powerful cyclone to targeted location that sucks in up to 4 enemies to it`s center and then shoots them to a random location in 20 m radius. Deals 0 dmg.

No name – replaces Spark of Life. New passive skill. If the enemy has 3 stacks of electrified on him then water-based CC effects (slow, root) ignore DR.

No name – 51 points root passive. Allows to apply one extra electrified stack.

Electric armor – replaces Storm Guard. Armor buff. Gives a 20 % chance to apply 1 stack of electrified to attackers.

No name – replaces Lighting Burst. Instant cast, costs 50 charge to cast, no cd. Applies 1 stack of electrified to 6 enemies in 15 m radius from the caster, deals 0 dmg.

Rainstorm – new 26 points root skill. Ground placed AoE with larger than usual radius. Lasts for 6 secs. Applies “Soaked” debuff that lasts for 15 secs. While this effect is active the enemy will receive 10 % more dmg from Air skills OR will have 50 % chance to get extra 1 stack of electrified each time it gets hit by adequate spell.

Ice circle – replaces Hailstorm. Knock back up to 6 enemies in 5 m radius from the caster. Deals xxx dmg and applies Hypothermia.

Any comments are welcome.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 01-25-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

We really need some kind of rework in static barrier which is absolutely bugged and useless due to DR.
    Electrolute no longer knock backs the enemy. At the end of the channel enemy gets a 6 sec debuff. While this effect is active the enemy will do xxx dmg to 6 of his allies in 8 m radius every 2 secs OR does 0 dmg but applies 1 stack of electrified to 6 of his allies in 8 m radius every 2 secs.
    That would be nice.
    No name replaces Spark of Life. New passive skill. If the enemy has 3 stacks of electrified on him then water-based CC effects (slow, root) ignore DR.
    Thy understand that mage forums will be flooded with angry melees right? :P
    Ice circle replaces Hailstorm. Knock back up to 6 enemies in 5 m radius from the caster. Deals xxx dmg and applies Hypothermia.
    no-no-no
    happy dominator
    <- uberhealz

Shield of Telara

I like the idea of using spells that cost charge. The charge mechanic had a lot potential for interesting playstyle but it never really seemed to reach its potential. Everything is just "increase damage by X amount while draining your charge". TBH this class mechanic was the reason I rolled mage in the first place, oh well.
    Rank 8, 11/11

+ Reply to Thread