+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hey! Where'd my Degeneration go?!

Rift Disciple

Default Hey! Where'd my Degeneration go?!

Everyone's complaining about Overload going AWOL, but I'm just as concerned (if not more) about Degeneration going missing.

Quite possibly, it was one of the best defensive abilities available. On the PTS I've maxed out my dude's War attunement and I get things like Rift Tomb and Phase Shift (erm ... ) ... but no Degeneration.

That means the only soul we have left with a purge is Necro.

L2Purge! Yeah, right.

Does this mean we have to spec 6 necro in a PvP build if we want a purge? I've always found it odd that Dominator, with all its utility, doesn't have a purge. I can drain you of mana, I can drop your energy to zero, and I can turn you into a fluffy squirrel, but I can't remove a single buff effect.

There's nothing availble in the 2nd tier, but it also doesn't have a lock icon on it like the rightmost tier. Does this mean Degeneration is going to be available in the 2nd tier? I would certainly hope so ... and quite honestly, I find that skill FAR more useful than Rift Tomb or Phase Shift, which as nobodi already pointed out, is useless if you get jumped by a rogue and you have zero charge. I'd much rather see Degeneration in the first tier than the second (if it even shows up).

In a game whose balance mantra is 'just purge it' having a class without a purge is a pretty dumb idea.

Especially when MM rogues can remove 2 buffs every 1s.

Especially when 31pt lock can be purged.

Banned

You mages that are whining do realize that there is an entire T2 of PVP PA that isn't done yet... right?

Rift Disciple

OH SNAP we just got told by this guy ^

He's right tho.

RIFT Guide Writer

Honestly I never really degeneration anyhow. I mean anyone who did any sort of research would know that they're being purged. It's just silly having it be a channel that essentially says, "I'M PURGING YOU WITH A LASER REAPPLY YOUR BUFF NAO!!" -_-;
    Rank 40 Mage - Seraphshroud 11/11 HK 5/8 ID
    My Guides to: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom, Mage PA Farming, PvP Defilemancer
    My Rift Stream!

Rift Disciple

Re-read the last paragraph of my original post.

I sincerely hope they decide to put an ability that's available at 10 points in AM into the first tier of PA as opposed to putting in abilities that are 21 points in the AM tree.

Kervik, if you're reading ... please put Degeneration into the first tier of PA.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphShroud View Post
    Honestly I never really degeneration anyhow. I mean anyone who did any sort of research would know that they're being purged. It's just silly having it be a channel that essentially says, "I'M PURGING YOU WITH A LASER REAPPLY YOUR BUFF NAO!!" -_-;
    lol - you're making a very big assumption ... that some players know they are being purged. I've purged folks before and they blink/retreat and then run around the rest of the WF without any buffs until they die.

RIFT Guide Writer

Yes that is true, 90% of the playerbase has no idea what anything does other than a fulminate crit to their face, but I never have problems killing said people. However it just makes using Degeneration against component players that much less effective.

Either way, I feel like they should give a purge that isn't completely outclassed by every other purge to mages. (3 GCDs for 3 buffs compared to 1 GCD for warriors).
    My Rift Stream!

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know we're adding Degeneration in to the Dominator soul. It will be a 10 point root ability. We're also reducing the cooldown on it to 15 seconds and making it able to hit NPCs.

Telaran

Thanks Krevik.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Wanted to let you know we're adding Degeneration in to the Dominator soul. It will be a 10 point root ability. We're also reducing the cooldown on it to 15 seconds and making it able to hit NPCs.
    Yay!

I gotta say, I was super thrilled when Dom's signature abilities got tweaked so they could affect NPCs. I am currently levelling a mage as dom, and it is a FUN spec. Nothing like the raw speed of some of the focused DPS builds, but it is really flexible. (Also, I actually felt useful in an instance when I got picked as "support" on dom.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Ascendant

Hey all,

Doesn't it fit better in the warlock soul tree....

Rift Disciple

Thanks Kervik for the fast reply and letting us know!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Especially when MM rogues can remove 2 buffs every 1s.
    Yea one that has to go 44 points into the tree.. mages are now getting purges at 6 points & 10 points... Must be nice...
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

RIFT Guide Writer

Hey all,

Sweetness! A purge that's on par with other purges! I guess I could live with the fact that it still screams, "I'm purging you right now" since it's currently the only purge that does damage, even if it's like 120 crits...
    My Rift Stream!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast