+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Radiant Spores is the problem

Banned

Default Radiant Spores is the problem

Hi mages. I'm a cleric and I've become sick to death of this overpowered 1 gcd spell that heals 20people and scales ridiculously well.

Mage dev, nerf this spell so clerics can be top heals and mediocre dps at least.

Mages with 11 dom have far more utility, better raid healing than anything a cleric can now provide and it has to stop.

When 1.7 comes around and the appropriate changes are not met, a lot of clerics will leave the game. FACT.

I'm angry, and so are many others. Despite the hours I've put into this game I'm not planning on sticking around to continue being totally gimped while a class that isn't even the archetypal healer runs rings around me.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by hippyman View Post
    Hi mages. I'm a cleric and I've become sick to death of this overpowered 1 gcd spell that heals 20people and scales ridiculously well.

Mage dev, nerf this spell so clerics can be top heals and mediocre dps at least.

Mages with 11 dom have far more utility, better raid healing than anything a cleric can now provide and it has to stop.

When 1.7 comes around and the appropriate changes are not met, a lot of clerics will leave the game. FACT.

I'm angry, and so are many others. Despite the hours I've put into this game I'm not planning on sticking around to continue being totally gimped while a class that isn't even the archetypal healer runs rings around me.
    clerics own. explore your doctrine dumping souls more.

thx for the info dood
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

Seriously, learn your class. We have Clerics running hybrid specs that put out excellent splash heals and do great DPS.

Radiant spores is nice, but it's not the majority of a chloro's healing.

Also, hate to tell you this, but throw your arch-types out the window. They don't apply here. Mages can heal, Clerics can tank (shocking), and rogues can buff. If you can't wrap your head around that little fact, then it's your loss.

I suspect someone tried purifier in aoe healing.

Champion

I can only see this as a trolling post. I mean why remove something that is working well for a raid, and this just because it does not boost someones ego?
    Work with what you have instead, and use it to the best to get the most out of it. Clerics can do great hps if they know how to do it, you just need to know your class and the boss your meeting. That is what good healing is about and how you beat the numbers.

Shadowlander

Yes, spores a really good, but only 1 mage should keep them up. You can always parse healing and see how much HPS mage pulling with/without spores.
    I used to think about them as a constant buff to a raid hps.

Shadowlander

A good X-icar can compete with a good chloro any day. Get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackori View Post
    A good X-icar can compete with a good chloro any day. Get better.
    but mages can solo heal sicaron!
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Plane Walker

I'd like to see one try keeping both tanks up when Moldering Decay is cast

Only in certain places is RS really good. We are fighting Akylios right now, and it's doing about 7% of my healing.. That's so OP ofcourse!
    On the other hand, I did 2.8k heals in the out of game proper meter, RS was about 40% of that I think and I was using LBV for most of the fight.
    Interestingly, a cleric was very close to me on 2.7k heals (and is pretty much always on par or just barely short of my heals).

troll

let it die
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktyl View Post

Radiant spores is nice, but it's not the majority of a chloro's healing.
    Indeed, plus only 1 chloro can use it, you can't stack chloros for insane healing like you can with dol clerics.

Chloros are quite good but the lack of direct heal is quite sad, wish I had a different heal spec for certain fights and/or pvp =(
    Yourtoy
    <Breaking Bads>
    11/11 HK

Shield of Telara

Radiant Spores OP on Sicaron? Yes.

DoL OP on RKM? Yes.

Why are you *****ing?
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Ascendant

+1 lol

Rift Chaser

K, I'm confused.
    The following is a quote posted by Clerics in the Cleric forum

DoL is the most powerful raid-heal in the game currently, being that it's instant cast, heals for quite a lot, hits 10 targets, has a 35m range and can be used near infinitely as cleric DPS souls all have more than sufficient mana regen abilities. These reasons alone make DoL clerics the best raid healers in the game, and on top of that, we're able to pull some pretty respectable DPS.
    The thread can be found here http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ng-macros.html
    The thread is currently 11 pages long with over 100 responses, which as far as I can tell not only support this claim but praise the the person that wrote the post.

So what is the actual case?
    Is the OP the only one that knows how to play a Cleric and all these other Clerics need to L2P?
    Do all these other Clerics know what they are talking about and the OP just needs to L2P?
    Or are Clerics claiming to be the best within their forums while claiming to be the worst outside their forums in hopes of Devs making their archetype even better?

Or was the point of this thread to breakdown Archetypes into certain specific roles and define Clerics as a Healing Archetype with no need of increased DPS or balanced Tanking?
    Last edited by Nightreaver; 12-07-2011 at 12:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast