+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bleeds - PVP Vid #7 (31 pyro / 31 dom 4 am - 4 Mins)

Default Bleeds - PVP Vid #7 (31 pyro / 31 dom 4 am - 4 Mins)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaZY5PZlBg

1st 1.6 Vid, of which there will deeeefinitely be more... this spec is too fun right now.

Footage all pulled between 11/18 - 11/21. Pretty much all solo, short clips. Will try to use a longer song next time so I can loosen up the editing length of clips more, and include some more group stuff, etc.

Enjoy!

In before the "OMG Mages are OP" rants start coming in.

Nice video as always, I want to know how that fight ended against that MM at the end, it's very rare to come across a MM that actually uses eradicate properly, there is only one in my battlegroup that uses eradicate when I pop splits :P
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Another awesome video bleeds, been using meduza's pyro dom ( lite ) build and having fun blowing people up before they can get out of squirrels but miss the utility of some of the abilities deeper in dom so gonna have to give this spec another go! Also what class gives you the most if any trouble with this build?

Soulwalker

thought you might finally disappoint with a subpar video, but as usual it's great stuff to watch.

Nice work, thanks

Shadowlander

Good damage output, I wouldn't say it's OP as it's not unbalanced. Great use of your environment [open areas with something nearby to use to break los if need be]. Baddies need to take note.

I really thought Unforgivenn had your number. Good video.

Still running the same spec from 1.5?

I see you time to time in warfronts pissing people off /shrugs

Always enjoy your videos, maybe I'll make it in one :P
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

Ascendant

do you only play one spec in pvp? I'd get so bored.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    When it's effective why change?
    DerpStrike: Seriisbad (Rogue) Seriismad (Mage)
    Dark Age of Camelot: Retired after 10 years
    RR10 Bard / RR9 Warden / RR9 NS / RR10 Enchanter / RR11 Theurg
    Final Fantasy 11 Online - Retired after 7 years
    www.bringvictory.com

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seriisbad View Post
    When it's effective why change?
    There's no logical reason to do so. But games are about fun. I'm surprised with 5 instant change options people wouldn't want to try various styles. That's the hook for me in this game..

I was just curious. I suppose in other MMO you see people with many alts, and then those that prefer only 1 character. I liked being able to play different roles, but hated grinding gear for more than one toon.
    Last edited by ururu; 11-23-2011 at 09:32 AM.

I was in some of those warfronts on my alt, but I didn't make it in the video.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    I was in some of those warfronts on my alt, but I didn't make it in the video.
    Nice video. Only fought you once recently if I recall and that was in an escalated BG spawn camp for your side but would for sure like to face you some more. Good **** keep it up
    Axill- P8 Mage
    Deepstrike
    <Server Police>

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely not boring at all, I'm just weird like that - never been an alt player, I like getting really comfortable with my specific keybinds/rotations/etc in PVP. That being said, I usually pick classes that have a fair amount of complexity to them - I'm guessing if I was a macro warrior it'd be way harder to not get bored.

As a player thouogh, that's definitely a weakness of mine. I give huge props to the mages that can switch on the fly and be great at chloro in one WF and great at SC In the next, etc.

Rift Disciple

I'm running with a variation of this Pyro/Dom build and I'm enjoying being a Rank 2 player and actually feeling somewhat effectively (especially in pissing people off). However I notice some differences in your point allocation, compared to mine. I want to know...
    - Is having that extra point in Spark (Pyro) more important than Planar Attunement (Arch)?
    - Is Fiery Resolve (Pyro) more important than Fiery Concentration (Pyro)?

lgw

Good video.
    It's just kinda hard to follow for people new at the spec, so it can seem very overwhelming. Maybe add some comments on YouTube to help folks get into the spec ?

Quote Originally Posted by Master10K View Post
    I'm running with a variation of this Pyro/Dom build and I'm enjoying being a Rank 2 player and actually feeling somewhat effectively (especially in pissing people off). However I notice some differences in your point allocation, compared to mine. I want to know...
    - Is having that extra point in Spark (Pyro) more important than Planar Attunement (Arch)?
    - Is Fiery Resolve (Pyro) more important than Fiery Concentration (Pyro)?
    There are certainly different takes on how to edge out each soul. I prefer Mass Exhaustion and full PA + Detaunt, while skipping Wild Fire + Heatwave.
    It's certainly a question of playstyle, the opposition you face and what kind of battles you do. On our pool/server, for example, there are very many high ranked players who aggressively target known opponents and even in a PUG environment work quite well in a team. Hence my choices which I naturally believe to be the optimum.

Yeah IGW, on one of my videos I started trying to add in little youtube arrows labeling each button press or skill used or whatever. It took me like 10 minutes to get through the 1st clip, and I gave up.

The problem is, just like me watching a rogue or warrior video , unless you're pretty familiar with a spec already you're really not going to catch some of the things that a good player does to win fights. A lot of it isn't really that obvious to the layman probably.

I think for the purpose of really educating or helping other players, the narrated video a la Taugrim, Rhiraden's duel video, Dissb, etc, is really the best way to go about it. For some reason doing those just isn't really a huge interest to me, probably because the editing/music aspect of making videos is really what's the most fun for me. Sort of the difference between making an action movie and a documentary I guess.

Yeah, I might give your spec a try, especially since the Q changes lately I've been running into a lot of the better Dayblind/Deepstrike groups, and tend to attract a fair amount of attention. ME and detaunt would be pretty helpful, at least as an offspec to use when I am getting FF a lot.
    Last edited by Bleeds; 11-25-2011 at 11:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread