+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Bugs - 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    I think that's a simple sounding solution, but I'd have to guess that the implementation is probably not as clean as it sounds. It'd probably require an explicit coding check against Charged Shield for every CC, and it may also be that the spell/attack information is not propagated into the code where this check is made.

Edit: Regarding pull commands...

Are you sure they are not on DR? Back when I PVP'ed with my warrior (some time ago), I remember it failing with an 'immune' error on many, many occasions.

"Are you sure they are not on DR? "

I am sure the VK pull is not effected by DR. I tested it with a rb/vk build and I was able to continually just yank the same person around in a circle with me. You do get an immune message but that is to the root ability not the pulling.

However abilities like Way of the Mountain or Ground of Strength may effect it. I am not sure on that.

Btw, I am also experiencing lag when using Split Personality or Swarming Flames.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 01-25-2012 at 02:25 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #348
    Rift Team

Quick update for everyone. We think we've found the problem with the lag and such after using a swarm pet ability (Split Personality, Swarming Flames, etc.) The fix should go out with 1.7 if it doesn't make it out sooner.

Prophet of Telara

@Kervik

Thx for the update. One more question:

In PTS 1.7 In-Progress Set #3 - 1/25/12 we got:

* Burning Bright: No longer gives separate bonuses for PvE and PvP.
    This is just a reminder of what is already at live, right ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #350
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    In PTS 1.7 In-Progress Set #3 - 1/25/12 we got:

This is just a reminder of what is already at live, right ?
    Yep, it looks like this is already out on Live and isn't actually a change to how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    There aren't any plans at the moment to change how Storm Shard works in PVP.
    To me, this says that Storm Shard is still considered incredibly overpowered in PVP, even after its damage was reduced by nearly 30% (only crits for 125% damage in PVP now instead of 175% damage in PVE). Won't the loss of Planar Attunement and Overload constitute another damage reduction of 25%?

Considering that Storm Shard eats Opportunity procs, would you be better off specc'ing 45 SC/11 Pyro/10 Lock and skip Storm Shard altogether? Burning Fury + Opportunity will probably give you more damage than Storm Shard in its current form.

Rift Disciple

Yep, it looks like this is already out on Live and isn't actually a change to how things work.
    It's really comforting knowing that you, as head mage developer, already knew that. Or wait, did you?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony the Guild View Post
    It's really comforting knowing that you, as head mage developer, already knew that. Or wait, did you?
    You won't make many friends taking unwarranted shots at Kervik around here.

Quick update for everyone. We think we've found the problem with the lag and such after using a swarm pet ability (Split Personality, Swarming Flames, etc.) The fix should go out with 1.7 if it doesn't make it out sooner.
    Sure hope it's sooner since split personality is now completely disabled in game.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    You won't make many friends taking unwarranted shots at Kervik around here.
    You mean this isn't facebook? But it has like button! And I came here to make friends
    Seriously fanboi, if it doesn't bother you that developer doesn't know what bonus pyro (probably the most popular dps soul), it bothers me and I have a right to express my concerns in my own sarcastic way.

Hey look now, settle down now!

Kervik saved me from a bear once.
    AND he cured my cancer.

He's a top bloke.

On-topic: Not sure if it's technically a Mage issue but occasionally when using Flicker the game doesn't update our new position. So on my screen I've cast Flicker and moved but everyone else sees my character in the original position.

For example on High Priest Arakhurn a guildie Flickered to hide from Fire Nova, on his screen he was safe but to the rest of us he was not and he died. I personally had it happen to the left of Murdantix on the way to Zilas, I thought I Flickered away from the Ghoul and his Dogs but the game client didn't realise and it didn't move my character until I Flickered again after it came off cooldown.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Hey look now, settle down now!

Kervik saved me from a bear once.
    AND he cured my cancer.

He's a top bloke.

On-topic: Not sure if it's technically a Mage issue but occasionally when using Flicker the game doesn't update our new position. So on my screen I've cast Flicker and moved but everyone else sees my character in the original position.

For example on High Priest Arakhurn a guildie Flickered to hide from Fire Nova, on his screen he was safe but to the rest of us he was not and he died. I personally had it happen to the left of Murdantix on the way to Zilas, I thought I Flickered away from the Ghoul and his Dogs but the game client didn't realise and it didn't move my character until I Flickered again after it came off cooldown.
    Kervik is indeed a top bloke, I respect his work on improving the class and that's why I don't let him slack ;)

As for your flicker issue, it's the way game is coded. You got it in reverse, it's the server that didn't realize you used flicker due to lag. Until it receives new coordinates from your client, it considers your position to be where you stood before you pressed flicker. Same thing goes for rogue blinks.
    And another note on this issue, jumping causes delay in coordinates transfer, hence why so many rant about bunny hopping in pvp and why so many die to pve aoe and later say "but I jumped out of it!"
    Educated guess: it's hard limitations of the game engine.

So does this mean the only change 51 pyro's are getting a is 5% boost to cinderburst and fulminate? In exchange for 15% damage and 30% crit bonus damage? :(
    Last edited by Formi; 01-26-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

I wanted to post that last night I had issues using split personality in HK. I normally am the one that gets the tunnelers on vlad and was in my dom spec for that fight (33 dom btw) and was able to use split personality just fine against mobs in that fight. Later just after King I was not able to use split personality in tunnel or against estrode. I changed specs and went back to my dom spec, was getting an error like ability not usable when trying to fire off split personality. I camped to logon screen and back...same error. I left the zone, reentered, same error. What could possibly block split personality from being used?
    11/11 HK 7/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony the Guild View Post
    You mean this isn't facebook? But it has like button! And I came here to make friends
    Seriously fanboi, if it doesn't bother you that developer doesn't know what bonus pyro (probably the most popular dps soul), it bothers me and I have a right to express my concerns in my own sarcastic way.
    Hey - your prerogative. I don't consider myself a 'fanboi', but I've played 4 other MMO's over the span of 'mffmfff' years, and I've never run into another Kervik. He's a straight shooter, very thorough, and very responsive. Good stock, he is. I've resubbed just because of the customer service he brings. Hell, I'm a software developer and I'm not nearly as good with my customers as he is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast