+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Arcanas
  • 1 Post By ururu

Thread: Dps

Soulwalker

Default Dps

Why is that mages get Two roles and all other classes get three, We get heals and dps others get heals dps and tank, disregarding support, and yet we are sub par on dps. Should we not be the highest dps do to our lack of armour, since we have no block, dodge or parry we should have the ability to kill things faster than most classes. Yet we struggle to keep up on the dps end of things, Where does that put us apart from a support role, Well to put it bluntly **** on a bull. We have a place when they design a raid that needs dom or archon, but other than that we are filler nothing more. I am sure we all notice the lack of mages in the game also the loot for our class is weak. If we are not wanted or really needed in this game don't belittle us who choose to roll this class, because it is available, with weak dps when that is our only role.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Turol View Post
    Why is that mages get Two roles and all other classes get three, We get heals and dps others get heals dps and tank, disregarding support, and yet we are sub par on dps. Should we not be the highest dps do to our lack of armour, since we have no block, dodge or parry we should have the ability to kill things faster than most classes. Yet we struggle to keep up on the dps end of things, Where does that put us apart from a support role, Well to put it bluntly **** on a bull. We have a place when they design a raid that needs dom or archon, but other than that we are filler nothing more. I am sure we all notice the lack of mages in the game also the loot for our class is weak. If we are not wanted or really needed in this game don't belittle us who choose to roll this class, because it is available, with weak dps when that is our only role.
    Warriors heal?

Why disregard Support in raids?

What hits us to need block, dodge or parry? Or Armour for that matter.

If you are going to argue for Mage changes at least do it properly and give sound arguments please. What you state sounds exactly the kind of thing some Warriors and Rogues use to justify their Op DPS compared to us.
    Last edited by Zartanic; 10-27-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Champion of Telara

I really won't be complaining about where we are at this point.
    Our DPS has been boosted.... albeit still quite short of war's from what I can see... but more experimenting may bring up new/better specs.

Archon's rock... in quite a few fights in 10 mans, an archon can contribute way more than an additional healer. In 20 man's archon's are essential. Support is still a role. I just wish archon's were more interesting to play.

Plane Touched

Why is that mages get Two roles and all other classes get three
    disregarding support
    That's because you disregard one of your three roles.
    Last edited by Thormael; 10-28-2011 at 03:10 AM.

lol at this, are you a warrior?
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Hmmm, what we actually need here is less knee jerk whiney whiney and more mage learny learny. If you had actually raided you would see what I mean. In fact, don't raid. The less bad mages rolling on my loot, the better.
    Bisqquit | R53

Ascendant

well mages are p good in pvp right now..

mages are fine in pve too, I see guilds recruiting us everywhere. unless of course, you're bad .. which you likely are seeing as how you started this whine thread.

+ Reply to Thread